Premium Deisel

fredob43

I have always used premium diesel in my Tuna 2.8 since I have had it. Have just done a 1k km run Using Shell V power. No problem at all plenty of power in the engine. On the way back needed a top up and went into a PTT garage and filled up with their Premium stuff. After a few KM I noticed a loss in power. Not great but a definite loss. Have used it before several times without a problem, just wondering if their premium pump is dishing out the regular diesel??? Or maybe their Premium is not as good as Shell V. I shall wait till I need another fill up and put in V power and see if it returns to it's normal spark engine wise. Just wondering if anyone has had the same outcome using PTT stuff.   

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Or maybe their Premium is not as good as Shell V.

I was always a PTT user as there were no shell outlets around my area. Late last year I was travelling and was near empty, came across a shell and filled up. I was amazed at the difference in power, bit sceptical still. Next time near empty filled at PTT for comparison, noticed the difference fairly soon, now only use shell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I was always a PTT user as there were no shell outlets around my area. Late last year I was travelling and was near empty, came across a shell and filled up. I was amazed at the difference in power, bit sceptical still. Next time near empty filled at PTT for comparison, noticed the difference fairly soon, now only use shell.

Thanks for that I thought it was me. But there was a Definite drop in power. I have both stations near me so I'll use Shell V next time. I hadn't noticed it before round town and short trips. I don't normally boot the car, but this time I was hitting speeds of 120+.

The stretch of the 1/32 A/R road near me is camera free for over 100km so everyone sticks their foot down. If you don't stay with them, you'll be in the slow lorry lane.

Will post again once the thing is empty and I refill with Shell V. It'll be some time as the tank is 85% full of the PTT stuff.  

38 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Good if really happen , not even possible to me use Shell. First Shell what i know is over 50 kilometer from home! Anyway im not pay almost 10 bth/litre more to get few horsepower! Maybe Shell stuff burn more clean, but you really can't say you get more horsepower! If you not take that car 2 times in dynamometer! One time whit eatch diesel!

7 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I asked a serious question. And I see that the Idiots have come out of the closet, sticking in their usual Anything to put a post on replies. My Buddha I can now see why people are turning off from TVF.

Really, the leavers contacted you.....Wow......????

But, when my diesel was factory stock it didn't matter what fuel I used, run much the same, though the "super" stuff is supposed to have extra super-dupper chemicals added to keep things clean and functioning at their best.

When I chipped the ride, from memory, the power change was from (I think) 168hp to 204hp and 365ft/lb to 400ft/lb, to me the Shell V-power did make the ride have a tad more grunt/response. ???? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

No matter what Fuel i have to use PTT. Clean Toilets, Amazon and No Yapping Wife. If theres much difference which i doubt, my Ear says just pass sometimes, not always the scruffy Shell joints.

ooh dear...so your missus has you "under her thumb" then....:cheesy:

5 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you care to read my OP I did ask if anyone had noticed any difference between the 2 stations.

Trouble is you can never get a true answer - as you are unable to provide the identity/locale of the specific PTT station you went too. You be sued for reporting a particular (individual) station had bad

fuel...   

23 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Why? It's one of the few stations that provides diesel for euro 5 spec vehicles. That, along with bangchak (leaf). 

Euro 5 diesel is available from SOME PTT, Bangchak, Esso and Shell pumps, so PTT is not exclusive, and I believe it will come at a premium

The answer why avoid PTT stations is in post #4.

I don't notice any power difference between brands, because I have a pickup which is not a racer, but I can easily see the difference in mileage when I fill up at a PTT station, compared with any other station.

For the past 4 tanks I have switched to B10, since my 2010 Navara supports that, and to be honest I can hear my turbo engage much faster.

Maybe just in my head, but at the end of the day mileage is the same as regular diesel, and a full tank cost much less.

Edited by Susco
  • Confused 1

I uses only Banchak or Shell in my Vigo for years. Last year I forgot to top up and had to stop at PTT. The next morning my pickup would not start without priming the fuel filter. Took it to the shop to check. The fuel filter was trashed. Changed it, went back to buying premium fuel and no more issues. Coincidence? Doubt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Sounds unlikely, washing it with petrol/alcohol (et al) usually fixes a fuel filter problem.

I really do not like being called a liar. You can contact James at Car Tech Service Center for confirmation. Perhaps, in your shop, your staff would have dome it differently.

You seem to have missed the point anyway.

55 minutes ago, bangsaenguy said:

I really do not like being called a liar.

I didn't suggest anyone was a liar.

I doubted the ability of the people that did the fix.

Although lust for profit may have played a part in the fix.

Edited by BritManToo