Premium Deisel

fredob43

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

So PTT is the only gas station in your world?

Some people fill up for more than 200 Baht each time, and they fill up before the tank is empty, so if all PTT stations would close tomorrow they would still never run out.

I avoid PTT if i can and i use Shell. But saying i would never use PTT is stupid. Yes i am talking about filling up a Ranger and yes i am talking runs to the South from Bangkok. 

I will say the Shell pumps have really stepped up the experience. Many now have decent restrooms, a nice mini-mart, DeliCafe and some with Burger Kings. Seems they were <deleted> 10 years ago.

Once Ptt took over Jiffy everyone had to step up their games...

Incidentally, the oddly shaped DeliCafes are actually modular and shipped to site. 

The better quality / euro5/euro6 standard include ESSO, CALTEX, BANGJAK all priced identical while SHELL always most expensive anywhere in the world as they offer cashback/member/corporate options to get any customers at all. DEfinetely no research backing up vpower/shell as any specific dutch benefits. dream on & get a real powerful engine instead of a truck although thats defintely the best bargain in LOS ????

The difference is all in the mix of ethanol i.e. 7% for regular, 10% for B10, 20$ for B20 & 5% for premium I guess ????
And every engine can use any mix without modifications or 'approvals'. B10 appear best value at present. happy drivin!
If you not able to shop for cheesecake or coffee seperately then sure follow best toilets & get worst fuel ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, worldfun said:

The difference is all in the mix of ethanol i.e. 7% for regular, 10% for B10, 20$ for B20 & 5% for premium I guess

Are you saying Premium has 5%, regular 7%, B10 = 10% and B20 = 20% booze in the fuel? And can it do ANY harm to a 2012 3 litre engine please?

10 hours ago, KeeTua said:
On 9/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, bangsaenguy said:

I uses only Banchak or Shell in my Vigo for years. Last year I forgot to top up and had to stop at PTT. The next morning my pickup would not start without priming the fuel filter. Took it to the shop to check. The fuel filter was trashed. Changed it, went back to buying premium fuel and no more issues. Coincidence? Doubt it.

You "had to stop" would indicate you were very low on fuel? Over time fuel tanks accumulate crud and water in the bottom of the tank. If you run your tank too low this crud can get sucked into your fuel lines and into the filter. Its been recommended to never let your tank go below 1/4 full maybe especially important for you since you're driving an older truck.

...is the correct answer. All those years of accumulated Banchak n' Shell crud got sucked up. Thank goodness that the PTT go-juice got you home, eh?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

...is the correct answer. All those years of accumulated Banchak n' Shell crud got sucked up. Thank goodness that the PTT go-juice got you home, eh?

Sorry. Tank contained more than 1/4. Never let it get that low. Never again PTT.

Edited by bangsaenguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, but now one needs to make two stops: one for Shell go-juice and the other at PTT for decent food choices, Amazon coffee, 7-eleven's and clean toilets.

How do you work that out??? I have done in the last month 2 1k return runs. Have breakfast use the loo before I leave. Fill up on the way down 4/5 min: and don't stop for 5+ hours by then I'm at my destination. Same on the return trip. If I do need fuel I pass at least a dozen Shell garages so fill up again. I also carry water with me. You might need to stop some don't. The last thing I need to do is to wait 20min: to get a coffee, go to 7/11 or the loo. All that does is add another hour + on the journey.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:09 PM, stouricks said:

Are you saying Premium has 5%, regular 7%, B10 = 10% and B20 = 20% booze in the fuel? And can it do ANY harm to a 2012 3 litre engine please?

yes apparently, but your own research might tell you differently.

would regular dirty fuel harm your engine? mechanics always tell me PTT is the most dirty/poorly refined.
Did you know PT is equal to PTT too (subsidiary)?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, worldfun said:

yes apparently, but your own research might tell you differently.

would regular dirty fuel harm your engine? mechanics always tell me PTT is the most dirty/poorly refined.
Did you know PT is equal to PTT too (subsidiary)?

If your fuel is dirty of poorly refined you you'd go through a lot of filters and your performance would suffer. Use Ptt often and do not seem to have any issues with it. 

I think with a lot of guys here, western brand good, Thai brand bad, even though (I think it's all refined here and had to meet the same specifications. Now some guys will chime in about how this or that had to meet some Euro spec or another, but they all have to meet the Thai spec which one would assume all the vehicles produced here are tuned around. 

My mechanic tells me there's no significant difference and that the Euro specs are all about emissions and have nothing to do with performance engine longevity. 

On 9/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, fredob43 said:

How do you work that out??? I have done in the last month 2 1k return runs. Have breakfast use the loo before I leave. Fill up on the way down 4/5 min: and don't stop for 5+ hours by then I'm at my destination. Same on the return trip. If I do need fuel I pass at least a dozen Shell garages so fill up again. I also carry water with me. You might need to stop some don't. The last thing I need to do is to wait 20min: to get a coffee, go to 7/11 or the loo. All that does is add another hour + on the journey.

tjwoyh.gif.9204e893f8c3de96bf459e61244a0c61.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1