Thailand races to contact trace as coronavirus reappears

snoop1130

52 minutes ago, american2 said:

Just accept the reality.  If the person contracted the virus in Bangkok and was contagious, many more will likely get the virus.  If they started testingpeople before the 2 to 14 days have pssed likely a lot of negatives will show up.  The problem would come from those who had come into contact, possibly earlier, but more likely near the end of 14 days (or longer)

Not to mention the person the DJ contracted the virus from hasn't been reported as having been located and is probably out there somewhere starting a major cluster without any way of tracing the original source of this DJ's infection. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

But what if you've got an old Nokia .. 

There’s supposed to be a paper based list of names and phone numbers. But I doubt people used their smart phone log in anyway. The only place I know in Phuket that is insisting on a log in is central mall. Everywhere else the log in station is there, but ignored. I doubt the authorities will mention that bit....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Doesn't name the clubs he worked or areas either. Bangkok is a pretty big place. Why don't they narrow it down a bit for people.

Yes, if I had been clubbing in bangkok recently, it’s hard to decide whether I need a test or not when I don’t know what clubs this guy worked in.

32 minutes ago, pookondee said:

In Australia:

- right now, not very many outbreaks.

But multiple reports in the last month about a THAI restaurant(s) being a major cause of outbreak.

See where im going with this?

Yes I see where you are going, probably to posting links to a credible source that it involves, more than 1 Thai restaurant.

1 hour ago, american2 said:

Just accept the reality.  If the person contracted the virus in Bangkok and was contagious, many more will likely get the virus.  If they started testingpeople before the 2 to 14 days have pssed likely a lot of negatives will show up.  The problem would come from those who had come into contact, possibly earlier, but more likely near the end of 14 days (or longer)

1 hour ago, British Bulldog said:

What if you don't even own a phone ? ... there are people out there that don't ... not many admittedly !

How many of the “phoneless” go clubbing in bangkok though?

1 hour ago, american2 said:

Logically, you’d have to assume that there is a cluster fomenting out there. But I recall the bangkok cabbie who had it in the early days of the outbreak. At the time I thought he would surely have passed it on to thousands. Turned out he didn’t, or didn’t seem to, because not long after cases declined and hospitalisation sand deaths went the same way.

fingers crossed the same illogical pattern repeats, as opposed to the boxing super spreader event in Bangkok which infected hundreds. ????????‍♂️

16 hours ago, Harry Fingerling said:

I you can believe this whole 100 day thing it’s obviously been bought into the country by an illegal migrant worker from a neighbouring country.

Possibly the migrants bringing Covid into the country.. but then you have to ask the same question, what about the Thais who transport them across the border then themselves go home to family & friends.

Or are they immune?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to burst the bubble of the panic mongering Zombie Apocalypse crowd, but one case does not represent "the reappearance of Covid in Thailand". It is less than a pimple on the cheek of a teenager. It will be easily managed. Now, if hundreds or thousands of new cases were to appear, that would be a concern. This is not. Not on any level. It will very quickly be contained. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-how-to-do-testing-and-contact-tracing-bde85b64072e

0*wrTc-aWVRCCtgEs2

And that's the reason Thailand didn't open up. They don't have the TETRIS (Test, Trace, Isolate) in place. "Too expensive", let's get more submarines and high speed trains.

That is absolute nonsense. The Thai authorities have been doing whatever possible, irrespective of the costs involved. The attitude of the Thai government has been commendable and is praised by other governments worldwide. Regretfully, it has been wrongly criticized for being too strict, or for other reasons, by most commentators of this medium.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble of the panic mongering Zombie Apocalypse crowd, but one case does not represent "the reappearance of Covid in Thailand". It is less than a pimple on the cheek of a teenager. It will be easily managed. Now, if hundreds or thousands of new cases were to appear, that would be a concern. This is not. Not on any level. It will very quickly be contained. 

One case?How can there be one case?The DJ caught it from someone else,and who this person is remains unknown and is possibly creating a cluster ***** as I write.So it is quite possible that the Zombie Apocalypse is all systems go or is this the Zombie Apocalypse mark 2?

Probably there are already more cases out there because, first, they can’t be traced; second, some are not showing any symptoms (and can be carriers); and third, they are hiding because the cost for testing is too expensive .
So far I see that there is no proper treatment available in the market to treat this pandemic and the rate of people’s deaths are still low compared to the rate of deaths in other accidents or diseases. 
Every government ask people to buy expensive insurance policy through their pointed agencies and do test or quarantine with their own cost at the provided government quarantine facilities which are very expensive. Looks like the government is actually making a profit from this pandemic drama because, so far, I know that the government is not telling the citizens the truth.????

Eventually people going to be fed up ????with this situation and it will end up with chaos. Sounds like the World War III is about to begin. I don’t know why people are overreacting. It can be solved in a simple way by asking people to come forward and test without charging an expensive fees if they are not feeling well????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hobz said:

The real 'conspiracy' is that covid19 is not actually dangerous and that the cure (lockdowns, shutdowns etc) are worse than the disease. 

Average age of people dying from covid-19 in sweden is 82. Average life expectancy in sweden is 82.

Only 6% of people dying from covid in sweden didn't have underlying medical issues as cause of death.

Sweden had no lockdown and no masks etc.

The entire world is seriously overreacting to this thing. It was understandable in the early days when we didn't know, but now we know.

Also, imagine if we put as much effort into preventing the regular flu every year. Or road deaths.. 

I geuss you'r from sweden ?? 

3 hours ago, hobz said:

The real 'conspiracy' is that covid19 is not actually dangerous and that the cure (lockdowns, shutdowns etc) are worse than the disease. 

Average age of people dying from covid-19 in sweden is 82. Average life expectancy in sweden is 82.

Only 6% of people dying from covid in sweden didn't have underlying medical issues as cause of death.

Sweden had no lockdown and no masks etc.

The entire world is seriously overreacting to this thing. It was understandable in the early days when we didn't know, but now we know.

Also, imagine if we put as much effort into preventing the regular flu every year. Or road deaths.. 

The same was found when the USA-CDC "revised" it's COVID numbers - 94% had TWO co-morbidities, and the vast majority of cases of very advanced-age. 

Recent studies showing "asymptomatic spread" to be virtually non-existent, have put that theory in the trash-bin, also.

This is much less dangerous than flu (which kills many small-children every year), except to a small percentage of the population, for whom it is worse.  The vulnerable need to self-isolate, and everyone else resume life.  Govts should help the vulnerable isolate an survive while doing so, while everyone else gets this, so the virus can die-out. 

The only logical explanations for NOT doing this, are:
 - Many powerful are very-old, and don't care about everyone else's lives.

- Big-Pharma needed to keep this virus alive long enough to make Trillions on a vaccine - which takes time to develop to the point it won't kill more than 1/10,000 or so.  The long-term side-effects won't be "discovered" until later, after the money has long been moved to Swiss accounts, and similar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

One case?How can there be one case?The DJ caught it from someone else,and who this person is remains unknown and is possibly creating a cluster ***** as I write.So it is quite possible that the Zombie Apocalypse is all systems go or is this the Zombie Apocalypse mark 2?

Total panic mongering. A case or two is no big deal at all. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

No mention of where this young man could have contracted the virus.  Airport?  ASQ Hotel?  Hospital?  Magic?

He had not returned from abroad so airport and ASQ do not come into it. 

And he is n=ot known to have been to any hospital in the 2 weeks prior.

Obviously he got it from someone else in Thailand, that is a given, the problem is who. Given that he was a DJ working in bars/clubs he will have been in crowded venues so it will indeed be hard if not impossible to trace all his contacts. There is also the possibility that he is withholding info about some of them given that he was involved in illegal drug dealings.

There were also 2 recent cases of people arriving in other countries from Thailand (Japan, Malaysia) and found positive on arrival so this is not the first concrete indication of some ongoing local transmission.

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Covid is good for health?

Bleach injection be the cure. 

Wear a mask is dangerous.

Plan from China to control the world. 

Is because 5G 

Bill Gates do it.

Tinfoil hat. 

Is plan by “government” to trace everybody. 

Etc etc etc....

People with high education are less likely than people with low education to believe in conspiracy theories.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2016-57821-001

What I meant is that it's not more dangerous than the flu or eating mcdonald's.

• Haha 1