30 Laotian illegal migrants caught on bus heading to Bangkok

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

If there is so much unemployment?  Why would they sneak in to Thailand 

Because there is no news of employment status. 

Because they are being taken advantage of and told they will find work if they pay the ‘trafficking fee'

Because there is no work for them at home anyway, so its worth a chance. 

There are so many maids, nannies, waiting staff, labourers, kitchen staff etc all willing to work for lower wages than Thai’s. But, its obviously going to get harder for these  low wage labourers to find work as Thai’s become more desperate and carry out work they were unwilling to before. 

At some point there will be a news backlash claiming Burmese / Laotians / vietnamese / Cambodians taking our jobs... 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That was exactly my thought...  they didn’t pay enough for the second or third check point. I nearly posted as such and then I though some argumentative tool will come along and ask me how I know that, to post a source, or any factual information.... 

Of course, I don’t have any factual information and any comment is pure assumption: However, having lived in Thailand for a long time, with friends in Immigration and the Army, its been told to me and and I’ve seen for myself how illegal immigrants are bused through borders, the check points are there to take money, or catch those who haven’t 'arranged’ transit (paid enough). 

This is how Thailands labor force exists: Many many illegals brought in to work, they are occasionally caught and ’deported’ and then return a few months later to do the same thing again. Its a money maker for Immigration and the Army (two separate entities need to get their cut) and it keeps businesses operating, it also makes it far easier to control large immigrant labor forces with the thread of deportation etc. 

The only variable here is Covid-19 and there being more focus lately on immigrants hence the reports...  Everyone doing their job, illegal immigrants have been caught, great publicity but the unfortunate ones who are caught are the tip of the iceberg.

Sure! Now we have members on the forum that are friends with immigration and army, so much so they tell a foreigner about their illegal affairs. Great! Very believable. 

On 9/6/2020 at 7:35 AM, Matzzon said:

How do you know that? Do you have personal contact with many illegal migrants, or drug lords? Nah, didn´t think that. You just assumed something and was seeing it in the form of your virtual fantasy, right? The only information you get is like everybody, when reading the news about people getting caught. You have no clue whatsoever about any other statistic.

He said probably. and he was probably right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Illegal immigrants that can walk on water? Nope! Just thank the Chinese once again for damming the Mekong and ruining the world.

CV19 is more than likely being spread by illegal immigrants. Surely isn't coming in from the airports.

and why are there so many illegals crossing borders in to Thailand? Brown envelopes perhaps?

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

He said probably. and he was probably right.

How does it feel to not understand what you read? Probably about the payment, and seeing how about the borders. When I talk about caught, guess what I was referring to?

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Probably another probably. This is Thailand.

There was no probably about that at all. What you are doing here is assume. Exactly like the poster I quoted.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and why are there so many illegals crossing borders in to Thailand? Brown envelopes perhaps?

Nope, it´s simply because they have a chance to make more money working here, due to the poor opportunities and low salary they get in their home country.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

How does it feel to not understand what you read? Probably about the payment, and seeing how about the borders. When I talk about caught, guess what I was referring to?

There was no probably about that at all. What you are doing here is assume. Exactly like the poster I quoted.

For people who are not native English speakers, probably means could be.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Nope, it´s simply because they have a chance to make more money working here, due to the poor opportunities and low salary they get in their home country.

if there are agencies involved, there probably, I emphasis probably, will be brown envelopes involved. TiT.

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

For people who are not native English speakers, probably means could be.

I am well aware of the meaning. The question is why you have so hard understanding what you read and what I clearly posted I was referring to? Maybe not native?

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I am well aware of the meaning. The question is why you have so hard understanding what you read and what I clearly posted I was referring to? Maybe not native?

This is not any criticism of you, but your second sentence would say that you are not a native English speaker, I cannot answer because it is hard to understand.

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Sure! Now we have members on the forum that are friends with immigration and army, so much so they tell a foreigner about their illegal affairs. Great! Very believable. 

Pathetic and argumentative as always. 

I’ve read on this forum that many people have friends in positions of power (Police and Military), there is absolutely no reason to disbelieve them. 

I have had such friends for over 20 years and we meet regularly for beers, the stories I hear are often astonishing, outrageous but over the years, believable. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

This is not any criticism of you, but your second sentence would say that you are not a native English speaker, I cannot answer because it is hard to understand.

Your discussion is totally irrelevant. We have different kinds of nationalities on this forum, and if you have problem to understand then I have hard to help you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1