Agencies offering Medical visa

The extension is fraudulent, and you will probably be surprised when you look at your passport later to find out which immigration office granted your extension. It is unlikely that there will be any long term problems, but this does not involve officials at a really senior level, so my own view is that there is less protection and it involves a small degree of risk. If any of these dubious extensions ever experience a crackdown, this is probably top of the list for action.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

this is probably top of the list for action.

What, higher than those on retirement extensions with no money in the bank? I sense that in these times of less graft money coming into immigration, rules are being relaxed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What, higher than those on retirement extensions with no money in the bank? I sense that in these times of less graft money coming into immigration, rules are being relaxed.

With many of the retirement extensions, money is briefly in your bank account. An official at the appropriate level uses his discretion, as is permitted, to waive the seasoning. It is not easy with cursory examination of the documents filed for the retirement extensions to identify the fraudulent from the proper ones.

With the medical extensions, there are not many offices processing them as, not only the official but the local immigration doctor must be in on the scheme. As a result, there is suddenly a suspiciously high number of medical extensions being processed through a small number of offices. I am not saying there will be a crackdown. Actually, I consider it unlikely. However, I repeat that the risk, though small, is higher than with other extension types.

• Like 1

Just now, BritTim said:

With many of the retirement extensions, money is briefly in your bank account. An official at the appropriate level uses his discretion, as is permitted, to waive the seasoning. It is not easy with cursory examination of the documents filed for the retirement extensions to identify the fraudulent from the proper ones.

With the medical extensions, there are not many offices processing them as, not only the official but the local immigration doctor must be in on the scheme. As a result, there is suddenly a suspiciously high number of medical extensions being processed through a small number of offices. I am not saying there will be a crackdown. Actually, I consider it unlikely. However, I repeat that the risk, though small, is higher than with other extension types.

Since my application always requires copies of my bank book covering the seasoning period, I suggest it could readily be detected not to have been required or verified. If the IOs signature over-rides the requirement, then the Extension is presumably legitimate. 

My thought is that Immigration are now looking at new ways to earn money, and the needs of those on amnesty extensions, about to expire is an obvious source. New avenues are being opened, volunteer extensions, less strict ED visas, and yes Medical extensions too, all a little more freely available and more being issued than before. 

Can a high up IO perhaps sign off on the need for an immigration doctor's input. 

Strange times. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Can a high up IO perhaps sign off on the need for an immigration doctor's input. 

The Minister could override the requirement for  specific individuals or groups. Otherwise, my understanding is that the rules are pretty clearcut that the immigration doctor's endorsement is needed. Logically, a regular immigration official, however senior, is not in a position to judge whether a declared medical condition is sufficient to prevent someone travelling. That is different from an official deciding that there is ample proof that the applicant for a retirement extension has the money and waiving seasoning is appropriate.

• Like 1

I was talking with J & E Concierge and Key Visa agencies (I heard many people about this agencies, kind of reputable ones?), and both of them assure me that there will be not any problem for me with this visa as I will recieve receipts from immigration and medical certificate.

I know is his job to sell this Visas and of course they will tell me that I will not have any problem, but of course Im still concern about any problem I will can have when I leave the country with this visa....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, zekelin said:

I was talking with J & E Concierge and Key Visa agencies (I heard many people about this agencies, kind of reputable ones?), and both of them assure me that there will be not any problem for me with this visa as I will recieve receipts from immigration and medical certificate.

I know is his job to sell this Visas and of course they will tell me that I will not have any problem, but of course Im still concern about any problem I will can have when I leave the country with this visa....

Well they don't care about it when you're leaving the country do they? I doubt anyone has ever been stopped from leaving the country due to a visa they acquired through a well-known agent. But you're looking for someone to tell you it's 100% safe but no one can say that so use your own critical faculties to decide whether or not it's a good idea.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Thanks 1

Im seeing many people taking the way of the Volunteer Visas.

Agencies are charging 50k-60k for this kind of Visas for don't have to do the volunteer work? Am I right?

I suppose this is the same situation based on bribes. Seeing a lot of agencies offering this way.

5 minutes ago, Jackson B said:

On the other hand, I filed a legitimate application for a non-O and I am worried that I only paid 2k, and perhaps they will find a "problem" that requires an extra payment to fix.

I don't think you have anything to worry about since you met all the requirements for your visa application. Many people do it the correct way and never have a problem.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jackson B said:

On the other hand, I filed a legitimate application for a non-O and I am worried that I only paid 2k, and perhaps they will find a "problem" that requires an extra payment to fix.

Non-O for what? There are many categories for which Non-O is the appropriate visa type.

If it's a watertight application I don't think there will be any issues.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:42 AM, BritTim said:

The Minister could override the requirement for  specific individuals or groups. Otherwise, my understanding is that the rules are pretty clearcut that the immigration doctor's endorsement is needed. Logically, a regular immigration official, however senior, is not in a position to judge whether a declared medical condition is sufficient to prevent someone travelling. That is different from an official deciding that there is ample proof that the applicant for a retirement extension has the money and waiving seasoning is appropriate.

Sorry that it is some time since that post, but my slow old brain had an afterthought. I very much doubt that the immigration doctor actually sees anyone applying for a medical extension and it is simply a matter of reviewing the paperwork supplied, likely by an agent. I doubt his inclination is to reject anything.... on a humorous note, it could well be something he wants to stay well clear of himself...raging syphilis or plague. He could hardly deny....

Any thoughts?

As the pandemic-fueled feeding frenzy takes hold of agents and IOs, I guess I can expect even more slow, grudging compliance and glum faces when I next get my 100% legit OA-based extension, all legal requirements met to the letter -- and no one getting a taste on the side. 

Edited by JTXR
  • Like 1