Russian man arrested in Phuket drug raid

webfact

Just now, Hi Tea said:

You were talking about people smoking it in their own homes.  There's no way that cannabis cafés are ever going to be legal here, no other countries have managed it, have they?

Certain states in the US and Canada to name but 2.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

The same way that tourism went through the roof in Amsterdam when the cannabis cafes became legal.

Because those who can't go through life without smoking joints all headed there from all over the EU....What's wrong with a pint or two....?    :drunk:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, polpott said:
11 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

You were talking about people smoking it in their own homes.  There's no way that cannabis cafés are ever going to be legal here, no other countries have managed it, have they?

Certain states in the US and Canada to name but 2.

Well, you're naming two out of 50 states.  Are you sure that cannabis cafés are legal in those two states? 

Canada sure doesn't allow cannabis cafés for on-premises smoking.

Edited by Hi Tea

26 minutes ago, polpott said:

Smoking a bit of weed in your own home shouldn't be. Isn't in an increasing number of countries. Some say that Thailand will soon be in that number. It would certainly boost tourism.

And should I, my wife and my daughter as your neighbour have to put up with the reek of week blowing into my house or through the air ducts or ceiling ? 

Wanna smoke it, fine, no worries, just do it as far away from joe public as possible. If you house is up a mountain, all the better

I'm currently stuck in the UK in Blackpool, the reek of weed along the beach is ridiculous. The pure selfishness of weed smokers to ruin other people fresh air appears to have no bounds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Excellent ! The stuff stinks. If you want to smoke week half way up a mountain 2 miles away from people then feel free, I have no objections and I wish you well. Smoke the stinky rubbish next to me , or in the next condo then expect a knock from PC plod !

I thought you were in the UK.

14 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

And should I, my wife and my daughter as your neighbour have to put up with the reek of week blowing into my house or through the air ducts or ceiling ? 

Wanna smoke it, fine, no worries, just do it as far away from joe public as possible. If you house is up a mountain, all the better

I'm currently stuck in the UK in Blackpool, the reek of weed along the beach is ridiculous. The pure selfishness of weed smokers to ruin other people fresh air appears to have no bounds

And tobacco.

18 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I know what you mean, Im not bothered what you do but a couple of years back we had 4 Russian guys rent the villa next door they slept all day and smoked all night outside I normally wake in the night get a drink and sit outside all you could smell was the Bob Hope. going back to bed stoned

Edited by ChipButty

20 minutes ago, polpott said:

The same way that tourism went through the roof in Amsterdam when the cannabis cafes became legal.

Cannabis is illegal in the Netherlands (though decriminalised, for small amounts for personal use only) but is tolerated in cannabis cafés.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

You're exaggerating ever so slightly here, two states in the entire US allow the legal sale of marijuana, that's all.

And the locals are absolutely thrilled :smile:

1 minute ago, Dap said:
45 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

You're exaggerating ever so slightly here, two states in the entire US allow the legal sale of marijuana, that's all.

And the locals are absolutely thrilled 

Even if that were the case, they'd probably be so stoned that they wouldn't really know what they're feeling.

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Doesn't that apply to all smokers?

I hate people polluting my air with any kind of smoke, but wouldn't the first step be to ask someone politely to desist. I do and 100% of the people comply by putting it out or moving away.

Why would you want to cause a huge commotion and possibly get your neighbour to lose their jobs without even bothering to speak to them first? That seems a very selfish act in itself. So complaining about people being selfish looks like the pot calling the kettle black.

• Like 1

While it is ice and yabba they found I can’t believe they are trying to class her as a dealer for having two pills and less than a gram of ice ! God the police must be bored to class her as a dealer for that , surely if they went and randomly tested a nightclub or busy bar they would find far more !

2 hours ago, transam said:

Because those who can't go through life without smoking joints all headed there from all over the EU....What's wrong with a pint or two....?    :drunk:

Gateway to whisky and other spirits, inevitable decline into alcoholism, liver disease, alcohol related dementia, violence (frequently against women)........a great list of negatives for alcohol.

I know, I hung around p*** heads who thought they were "social drinkers", just having a "pint or two" for a few years.

A high % of them, including my brother, wound up as first class physical and/or mental wrecks and made other peoples lives a misery.

Also hung around weedheads for a few years (and did a bit myself)........it and they just got a bit boring, but they never got near doing any of the bad s*** that p*** heads do.

And none of them went on to anything harder.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Gateway to whisky and other spirits, inevitable decline into alcoholism, liver disease, alcohol related dementia, violence (frequently against women)........a great list of negatives for alcohol.

I know, I hung around p*** heads who thought they were "social drinkers", just having a "pint or two" for a few years.

A high % of them, including my brother, wound up as first class physical and/or mental wrecks and made other peoples lives a misery.

Also hung around weedheads for a few years (and did a bit myself)........they just got a bit boring, but they never got near doing any of the bad s*** that p*** heads do.

And none of them went on to anything harder.

They sound like me......:drunk:...............:stoner:

4 hours ago, varun said:

Great, now how about catching the coke-sniffing & sports-car driving cop killer?

Oh wait, that cocaine was medicinal - dental fillings right?

Funny how values can waver

16 posts before Boss linked to a completely unconnected incident- really, you must try harder.

For all those mocking the arrest and comparisons with other countries he broke the law of THIS country- son nam na.

What I don't understand is that expats know that Thailand has draconian anti drug laws. So why do they persist in breaking them. they are visitors to the country and deserve everything they get when caught.

6 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

I suppose it depends what you mean by “legal sale” (and marijuana laws vary so much state to state) but it can be legally purchased for recreational use in 11 U.S. states.  From my understanding it is only fully illegal in a handful of states - less than 10 - where there are no provisions to purchase for recreational or medical use.  Don’t want to stray too much off topic though so I’ll end with that...

16 hours ago, TimBKK said:
23 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

I suppose it depends what you mean by “legal sale” (and marijuana laws vary so much state to state) but it can be legally purchased for recreational use in 11 U.S. states.

The subject is "legal sale on organised premises", not "legal purchase".  There's a difference.

Edited by Hi Tea

On 9/7/2020 at 11:50 PM, Hi Tea said:

The subject is "legal sale on organised premises", not "legal purchase".  There's a difference.

Not sure what talking about but it is much more than two states.

For legal purchase of weed for "recreational" by adults.

They even have delivery service like uber eats.

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:
On 9/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, Hi Tea said:

Not sure what talking about but it is much more than two states.

For legal purchase of weed for "recreational" by adults.

They even have delivery service like uber eats.

"For legal purchase of weed for "recreational" by adults.

They even have delivery service like uber eats".

That is buying cannabis, not selling publicly.

This discussion started when a poster claimed that pot was legal for sale in the US. i.e there were cannabis cafes and boutiques selling it to the public throughout the US  It is not, apart from in two states.  Selling cannabis that way is not the same as an individual buying his own, which may be  legal. It is the selling that I was commenting about.

23 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

This discussion started when a poster claimed that pot was legal for sale in the US. i.e there were cannabis cafes and boutiques selling it to the public throughout the US  It is not, apart from in two states.  Selling cannabis that way is not the same as an individual buying his own, which may be  legal. It is the selling that I was commenting about.

What States are those?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:
On 9/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, Hi Tea said:

What States are those?

You don't know how to use Google?