Non-O Multi Entry

On 9/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, rani said:

Thanks for your reply. 

I've tried to apply for a 1 year extension before, but the immigration officer said I could only do it if I had a non-o single entry not a multi entry. With the bank transfers I would say I would have 2 years of monthly transfers. 

No I've not applied for a 60 day extension. So there's a 1 year and a 60 day extension? 

I'am also here on a Non Imm O multi entry visa, which expired a long time ago. But because of the amnesty i'm still here. Firstly the amnesty expired in July & was renewed to expire 26th Sept (it might get renewed yet again, just wait until closer to the time ie a few days before the news to filter out). If not you can then go to your local Imm Office and obtain a 60 day extension of the visa you already have. Now you're here until the end of Nov. It's not your fault that you cannot do border runs any more, but the visa that you have expires in Feb 2021. With a 60 day extension in Feb 21 you should be able to stay here until April 21. Thai Imm Office will only give you one extension after that you will have to go to MFA in Bangkok. PS Don't go and talk to immigration alone, take your wife with you, it just shows that you are playing the game.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, rani said:

Thanks, yeah he was the only one to talk to, there's a separate room for application processing. He called his 'higher-up/boss' and asked about the 40k as well.

60 day extension it looks like then. 

The same thing happened to me at Hua Hin. He ummed and aahhed and then told me to go up and meet the manager. The manager was a lady who tried to get me to pay 20000 for a parent visa. I refused and told her what I thought of her. Yes, not a good idea but she really wound me up. Now I don't want to go back there, I may have to unless there is some good news for me concerning the amnesty.  It would be really a big problem if I have to fly back to England just for a visa. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wavel said:

I'am also here on a Non Imm O multi entry visa, which expired a long time ago. But because of the amnesty i'm still here. Firstly the amnesty expired in July & was renewed to expire 26th Sept (it might get renewed yet again, just wait until closer to the time ie a few days before the news to filter out). If not you can then go to your local Imm Office and obtain a 60 day extension of the visa you already have. Now you're here until the end of Nov. It's not your fault that you cannot do border runs any more, but the visa that you have expires in Feb 2021. With a 60 day extension in Feb 21 you should be able to stay here until April 21. Thai Imm Office will only give you one extension after that you will have to go to MFA in Bangkok. PS Don't go and talk to immigration alone, take your wife with you, it just shows that you are playing the game.

The Visa validity date till Feb 2021 is irrelevant.  What matters is the permission to stay stamp he got when he entered Thailand last time.  Obviously that permission to stay has already long time expired.  If he did not use his 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting his thai wife / thai dependent child(ren), he can apply for that, and it will be provided with start date 27 Sept and expiring 25 Nov.  But it would be wise to wait with that application till final days of the Amnesty (in case the Cabinet would once again extend the Amnesty, or in case his local IO would - incorrectly - use the day-of-application as start-date for the 60-day extension).

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
11 hours ago, barry553 said:

It would be really a big problem if I have to fly back to England just for a visa. 

The UK now only offer the Non O 90 day single entry Visa.

If over 50 years of age and meeting the other requirements, could he not apply for a Non Imm O-A Visa in England?

When possible this would sound like music in Barry's ears as that Visa provides you with almost 2 years of IO hassle-free stay in Thailand > no need to EVER visit your IO during that 2-year period.

48 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If over 50 years of age and meeting the other requirements, could he not apply for a Non Imm O-A Visa in England?

Yes he could based on retirement, but he would require a Police clearance, proof of the equivalent of 800K THB in a bank account and a Thai Health Insurance policy 400/40K.

He'd then have to meet the requirements for entry back into Thailand + 14 days quarantine.

That's a very expensive alternative. Just how deep are his pockets?

48 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When possible this would sound like music in Barry's ears as that Visa provides you with almost 2 years of IO hassle-free stay in Thailand > no need to EVER visit your IO during that 2-year period.

Only 1 year in the current situation. Borders could eventually re-open, then close again just as has happened in other Countries. 

From reading Barry's previous posts, it appears he has a valid Non Imm O ME Visa, but not 400K in a Thai bank. He tried to use the income method which was refused at Hua Hin.

HH may simply be refusing the income method for extensions, or they were requesting proof of 12 months 40K overseas transfers. Barry needs to provide more information on that score.

If you cannot deposit 400K in a Thai bank, then returning to the UK to apply for a Non Imm O-A Visa is totally beyond your financial capabilities and the reason I did not mention it as an alternative.

I didn't notice if he had already used his 60 day extension option.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I wonder if Savannakhet etc will be the same when it finally opens back up. 

If Immigration had their way, I daresay the Non Imm O ME would be withdrawn altogether.

The UK, France and China use the 'online' application system, which doesn't offer the ME class of Non O Visa. I'm sure Savannakhet and HCMC will continue without change when the borders re-open, at least for the foreseeable future.

Immigration announced the 'online' application system would be rolled out to all Thai Embassies/Consulates within the next 3 years, but those plans appear to have stalled in the last 18 months.

I suspect an air of disagreement between the MFA and Immigration.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, barry553 said:

The same thing happened to me at Hua Hin. He ummed and aahhed and then told me to go up and meet the manager. The manager was a lady who tried to get me to pay 20000 for a parent visa. I refused and told her what I thought of her. Yes, not a good idea but she really wound me up. Now I don't want to go back there, I may have to unless there is some good news for me concerning the amnesty.  It would be really a big problem if I have to fly back to England just for a visa. 

Agh yes, that lady was there as well. She's pretty rude and comes across fairly aggressive and doesn't listen! She <deleted> the missus off that's for sure!