Using Agent for retirement extension on OA Visa

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

it's real strange that some folks don't consider that there is anything wrong with these actions, would they be so sure it's totally ethical/legal if it was routinely done in their own country by visitors from other nations? We're instructed not to post regarding illegal acts but visa fraud is okay? TVF is hypocritical exemplified... 

There are 'Golden Passports' in many countries including Europe. The visa agents here work within the law using the discretionary powers of senior IO staff to make  decisions on a case by case basis. For example in my case: I have more than sufficient monthly or annual funds but not distributed equally but when totalled or averaged out more than adequate. I use an agent to help me argue my case.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Why concern yourself with how others are getting their extensions? I don't think Thailand is the place to be preaching about what's right and wrong in a pompous and self-righteous way.

Thailand isn't but this  forum does not represent ex pats in Thailand..thank goodness.

9 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Cue the ever tightining of visa rules since the coup and the tourism push towards China.

The rules went south before that event - the "crackdown" on visa-exempts shuttered entire sois of businesses.  More closed-up as they "cracked down" more. 

As to China, its about more than tourism.  The West let "our" (sic) businesses set up shop with the CCP, and the Thais saw which way the wind was blowing.  They tend to work with whoever has power in this region, for the sake of their own survival.  We have our own sellout-govts/businesses to blame for this.

9 minutes ago, Longchop said:

the sexpat reputation  Thailand has recieved from western tourists over the decades.

I don't see why Thailand would have a "reputation" on this, these days.  Look at Germany, Spain, etc - same offerings there and out in the open.  Everywhere has "parts of town" with this or that.  Thai society is more conservative than those,  generally. 

And if that were the issue, they'd crack down on that activity (they haven't) - not throw out visitors who spend money into their economy in "crackdowns."   It has a lot to do with China - who wants us gone - as per above.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The rules went south before that event - the "crackdown" on visa-exempts shuttered entire sois of businesses.  More closed-up as they "cracked down" more. 

As to China, its about more than tourism.  The West let "our" (sic) businesses set up shop with the CCP, and the Thais saw which way the wind was blowing.  They tend to work with whoever has power in this region, for the sake of their own survival.  We have our own sellout-govts/businesses to blame for this.

I don't see why Thailand would have a "reputation" on this, these days.  Look at Germany, Spain, etc - same offerings there and out in the open.  Everywhere has "parts of town" with this or that.  Thai society is more conservative than those,  generally. 

And if that were the issue, they'd crack down on that activity (they haven't) - not throw out visitors who spend money into their economy in "crackdowns."   It has a lot to do with China - who wants us gone - as per above.

Of course every country now has it's red light businesses but Thailand gained it's reputation way ahead of the rest and it stuck.  Now hi so Thais want to be able to brush any comments away with " oh that was in grandpa's time, we've moved on" .

As to cleaning up the activity take a look around pattaya or pat pong tonight, the clean up is well under way.

59 minutes ago, Nout said:

There are 'Golden Passports' in many countries including Europe. The visa agents here work within the law using the discretionary powers of senior IO staff to make  decisions on a case by case basis. For example in my case: I have more than sufficient monthly or annual funds but not distributed equally but when totalled or averaged out more than adequate. I use an agent to help me argue my case.

Obtaining an extension in a different province to which you live and only by paying a bribe is within the law is it, in la la land maybe, not in the real world with real laws.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Of course every country now has it's red light businesses but Thailand gained it's reputation way ahead of the rest and it stuck.  Now hi so Thais want to be able to brush any comments away with " oh that was in grandpa's time, we've moved on" .

As to cleaning up the activity take a look around pattaya or pat pong tonight, the clean up is well under way.

Could also be because of covid, and all the sexpats are broke now, and there has been no chance for them to be replenished. ????

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Obtaining an extension in a different province to which you live and only by paying a bribe is within the law is it, in la la land maybe, not in the real world with real laws.

From what i understand residence is moved to where the visa is being applied to.

Then later you can do a TM30, and move it back.

This has been going on for a long time, fortunately you are not an officer..

Edited by patient37
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, patient37 said:

From what i understand residence is moved to where the visa is being applied to.

Then later you can do a TM30, and move it back.

This has been going on for a long time, fortunately you are not an officer..

so it involves fraud, then you are making a false statement by claiming you live elsewhere in able to facilitate an extension obtained by a bribe. You would need a false address, is that 'legal' as well?

Edited by Orton Rd

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

so it involves fraud, then you are making a false statement by claiming you live elsewhere in able to facilitate an extension obtained by a bribe. You would need a false address, is that 'legal' as well?

I'm not 100% sure how it is done, I just know if i do a TM30 I can do 90 day reporting locally.

58 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

So if you move to another province you can obtain a non agent extension ,

that’s ok with you? But if you use an agent it’s not? Sorry don,t get your logic. 

The 'logic' is people are not moving to another province and the extension some agents get them is based on the fact that they have. By law you HAVE to obtain an extension in the province you live in at the address you stay at, not a fantasy address in a different place far away.

19 hours ago, JackThompson said:

No - you are just lucky.  I've been through all this personally - same as others report.  I always had far in excess of the required proven-income, and living with my wife full-time - which made no difference.   Those who use agents get the best treatment by far - no "new requirements" or 'home visits', either.

sorry, I just don't buy that 'luck' statement. Been on this site for years and have read of many uneventful extensions just like in my own personal experiences. I have no doubt there are people who are paid a stipend by bringing in customers to agents. Buyer beware, imo the day of reckoning is approaching and if caught out in these schemes you'll probably never will be allowed back in the country (after you do your time). Of course you're going to read different on this site because like I stated there are some who are sharing in the profit of this corruption by directing customers through the PM system - and they are not going to want their cash cow disturbed.. 

7 minutes ago, mart700 said:

I am in Khon Kaen,

I cannot recommend an agent in Khon Kaen based on personal experience, but I can remember reports from others who have had good experience with local agents. Hopefully, someone else will see this thread and send you a PM. If no one replies within a day or so, you could consider asking the question in the Isaan local forum.

@ Max69xl:  using an agent to get around the requirement of funds in the bank/income for either a retirement or marriage extension is absolutely illegal.

Some like to naively claim that the faulty extension application is signed off by an Immo official and, therefore it is legal.  What is not said is that Immo officer took a handsome bribe to ignore the lack of financials of the applicant.   If anyone thinks that the Immo officer approved the bogus application out of the kindness of their heart needs to pull their head out of the sand.

Based on reports here, only a small minority of Immo offices/officers pressure expats to go the agent route to get around the financial requirements.  In my decades of experience with Immo/CW, they never have.  If your Immo office is problematic, then get a residence in Bangkok and do your extension at CW.

It is in ALL of our interest to reject the agent option when an applicant does not have the required financials or supporting documentation for an extension.  Only that way can we put the corrupt Immo officers out of business.

It is up to you and me.   

5 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

@ Max69xl:  using an agent to get around the requirement of funds in the bank/income for either a retirement or marriage extension is absolutely illegal.

Some like to naively claim that the faulty extension application is signed off by an Immo official and, therefore it is legal.  What is not said is that Immo officer took a handsome bribe to ignore the lack of financials of the applicant.   If anyone thinks that the Immo officer approved the bogus application out of the kindness of their heart needs to pull their head out of the sand.

Based on reports here, only a small minority of Immo offices/officers pressure expats to go the agent route to get around the financial requirements.  In my decades of experience with Immo/CW, they never have.  If your Immo office is problematic, then get a residence in Bangkok and do your extension at CW.

It is in ALL of our interest to reject the agent option when an applicant does not have the required financials or supporting documentation for an extension.  Only that way can we put the corrupt Immo officers out of business.

It is up to you and me.   

Why me.