Trump says he minimized coronavirus, didn't want to create panic: Woodward book

webfact

1 hour ago, Damual Travesty said:

Yet another response comment which is nothing more then an insult. The President of the United States does not suffer from any mental deficiencies other then perhaps a large ego if that is classified as a deficiency. He has had a remarkable life prior to being President - seems to be loved by all of his immediate family - and has done quite well as President of the USA. How does that stack up with your own accomplishments?

So its OK to question Bidens mental ability but not Trumps? Sorry to burst your precious orange balloon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

No problem, but as per the last election I do not believe trump will receive the majority of votes, maybe can scrape though owing to the Electoral College process - hopefully not.

The electoral college is the process that matters. I am not sure what kind of an argument you are trying to make here, but it does not carry any water in the USA we do not have a system like yours. Parliamentary or perhaps single party state. Neither one.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:57 PM, Mama Noodle said:

Breathe, mate, breathe. I expect nothing less than the usual suspects acting like nobody remembers the early stages of the virus and what was being said at the time. 

Some people have learned a lot since the initial phase of the virus, and modified there behavior accordingly.  Then there are the Trump fans...

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 8:05 PM, Damual Travesty said:

As as American, I value American institutions and the rule of law. I fear greatly totalitarianism, single party states, mindless bots who do the bidding of dangerous regimes.  I value secure borders, a strong national Defence, a healthy economy that can manufacture its necessities, fair trade, I value freedom - truth Justice, and the American way. I value liberty.

I assume that means you oppose Trump and his contempt for institutions and fascination with totalitarian despots.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 8:21 PM, Damual Travesty said:

My character is fine. How about yours? I oppose a party that puts forward a candidate suffering from mental deficiencies of age, that promotes an open border, that promotes late term abortion, that would wreck the American gas and oil industry,  that promotes the relocation of American Jobs overseas. I support a party that promotes life,  law and order,  a strong defence, and stands up to China in the South China sea and beyond. That is my character. It has always been the same. How about you?

"...that promotes an open border, that promotes late term abortion, that would wreck the American gas and oil industry..."

Who are you referring to?  Please provide quotes from that person substantiating your accusation.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:12 PM, animalmagic said:

I looked at some of your right-wing conspiracy theory websites and couldn't find anything in them that supported their click-bate headlines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 10:40 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

I wonder if Trump even knew who Bob Woodward is and on what foundations he built his career as a journalist?!

Doesn't matter, because there's always "Don't know him. Never met him. It's a hoax."

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Reeeeealy??

'Clip From 'Unfit' Documentary Explores Trump's 'Cognitive Decline' Over Time'

Just have a look at the trump interviews from the 80's and 90's and compare them to any recent interview. Back then he was eloquent and coherent. Now he sounds like an Alzheimer patient on speed. The decline is massive

I noticed that, too. Back when, he seemed quite engaging and reasonable when interviewed.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, Boon Mee said:

Another nothing-burger ???? 

Nobody cares... 

Well, other than families of people who died from the pandemic? Posters on here, probably representing many others back home, and Trump supporters who are all in defending their guy over this. If nobody cares, then this is a non-issue which wouldn't damage Trump reelection bid. Yet his followers are all over the net trying to defend, block, deny and deflect this story and others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

If you are "not sure" that it reaches the "legal threshold" then it cannot be "certainly" criminal negligence by your own words. The rest of your post likewise does not meet the non-nonsense speech threshold which demands coherence and logic of thought as in how A relates to B.

Sure. You care about legalities. Proper procedure. Legal reasoning. Commendable.

Did you have the same issues with Trump publicly expressing views on guilt/innocence of shooter in Kenosha? How about them "lock her up!" chants?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

I looked at some of your right-wing conspiracy theory websites and couldn't find anything in them that supported their click-bate headlines.

Sorry to waste your time.  I don't subscribe to or read those, or any other, right wing conspiracy theory websites.  You couldn't be further from the truth in saying 'your right wing conspiracy theory websites.'  I am neither left or right wing and find the constant attacks by one wing on the other to be quite pathetic.

It's a bit like the Buddhist who visited Belfast during the height of the troubles who was asked if he was Protestant or Catholic; he replied that he was Buddhist.  He was then asked if he was a Protestant Buddhist or a Catholic Buddhist!

As I said in the original post, I simply used them as quoted sources for the various times that 45 has tried to cause panic; as opposed to his claim re coronavirus news.  On this website some posters spend half their life demanding sources for claims made by other posters; so I threw in a few random ones for fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Sorry to waste your time.  I don't subscribe to or read those, or any other, right wing conspiracy theory websites.  You couldn't be further from the truth in saying 'your right wing conspiracy theory websites.'  I am neither left or right wing and find the constant attacks by one wing on the other to be quite pathetic.

It's a bit like the Buddhist who visited Belfast during the height of the troubles who was asked if he was Protestant or Catholic; he replied that he was Buddhist.  He was then asked if he was a Protestant Buddhist or a Catholic Buddhist!

As I said in the original post, I simply used them as quoted sources for the various times that 45 has tried to cause panic; as opposed to his claim re coronavirus news.  On this website some posters spend half their life demanding sources for claims made by other posters; so I threw in a few random ones for fun.

Selected at random yet somehow all of them links to  right wing sources?

Edited by forehandplus
  • Confused 1

Just now, forehandplus said:

Selected at random yet somehow all of them links to  right wing sources?

???????????????? Try going to google, input the various headlines, and pick out one of the top three or four responses that seems to cover the details.  Give it a break, stop looking for something sinister and suspicious when there's nothing there.  Or alternatively I am Adolf Hitler reincarnated?

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

I apologize for mistaking you for a Trump supporter; I judged you by the sources you used, which were decidedly right wing.  I did look at the sources that didn't have a pay wall, and there was nothing of substance in them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

7 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

If you are "not sure" that it reaches the "legal threshold" then it cannot be "certainly" criminal negligence by your own words. The rest of your post likewise does not meet the non-nonsense speech threshold which demands coherence and logic of thought as in how A relates to B.

'that legal treshold', not 'the' as you wrote, referred to manslaughter. So if that legal treshold is not reached it can still be criminal negligence.

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

???????????????? Try going to google, input the various headlines, and pick out one of the top three or four responses that seems to cover the details.  Give it a break, stop looking for something sinister and suspicious when there's nothing there.  Or alternatively I am Adolf Hitler reincarnated?

My bad. As for being the reincarnation of that person, I think that position may have already been filled.