Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

55 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Does everyone not have the right to marry anyone that will have them? 

That's not the right I'm talking about, and you know it!

It's not his marrying a German which makes him a hypocrite; it's taking out German citizenship as soon as he was able to ensure he keeps his rights as a EU national. 

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It's not his marrying a German which makes him a hypocrite; it's taking out German citizenship as soon as he was able to ensure he keeps his rights as a EU national. 

He has to be sure that he can access his family in the future - what's the big deal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

How do you feel about those amongst the migrants arriving across the channel who are doing so that they can access their family already in the UK? 

I feel they ought to be kept on the other side of the channel, or sent back as soon as they jump out of a dinghy. If their family need them so much, they can also take themselves off to the other side of the channel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

if that's the case he may have some relatives/acquaintances there that could be directly affected by it or I don't see his reason for being so uptight about the all process, maybe he's bored  555

More assumptions from the tearful.....????

Uptight, if you want to be controlled by big brother, in the United States of Europe, that's your choice, the UK doesn't.....

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I'm sure that Brits wishing to visit the EU after 31/12/20 will have no problems in so doing; even if a visa were to be required; which it wont be for a visit.

Of course, those Brits who in future may be offered work or study in the EU, or wish to retire in the EU won't be so lucky and will need the appropriate visa. 

Unlike the hypocrite Farage who can, and doubtless will, use his German citizenship.

How do you feel about those amongst the migrants arriving across the channel who are doing so that they can access their family already in the UK? 

I feel that, whoever it is, should arrive legally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

Yes, on their hols......????

Remember to get your visa first.

Oh and you will not be able to use the queue marked EU citizens at passport control. 

You will need to join the queue with all the Johnny foreigners. Might take you a while to get through that what with all the crowds pressing forward to look at your new passport. 

Of course all this is assuming you can get a flight for your hols. With no deal some airlines might not have the required licenses to enter EU airspace.

So you might have to settle for Clacton. In January. ????.

Did you know that during the Dunkirk evacuation the Edward Dresden (ON 707), a Watson-class lifeboat from Clacton-on-Sea worked along with E.M.E.D. (ON 705) in Dunkirk harbour? 

One of only a few boats taken to Dunkirk by her own crew.

Was that the one you were on Uncle Albert?

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Remember to get your visa first.

Oh and you will not be able to use the queue marked EU citizens at passport control. 

You will need to join the queue with all the Johnny foreigners. Might take you a while to get through that what with all the crowds pressing forward to look at your new passport. 

Of course all this is assuming you can get a flight for your hols. With no deal some airlines might not have the required licenses to enter EU airspace.

So you might have to settle for Clacton. In January. ????.

Did you know that during the Dunkirk evacuation the Edward Dresden (ON 707), a Watson-class lifeboat from Clacton-on-Sea worked along with E.M.E.D. (ON 705) in Dunkirk harbour? 

One of only a few boats taken to Dunkirk by her own crew.

Was that the one you were on Uncle Albert?

Very interesting I'm sure, but I did go to Europe before the EU came about, sunbeam.....????

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Very interesting I'm sure, but I did go to Europe before the EU came about, sunbeam.....????

And you shall again twinkle toes.

Just makes sure you jump through all the hoops you have created for yourself by voting for Brexit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

And you shall again twinkle toes.

Just makes sure you jump through all the hoops you have created for yourself by voting for Brexit.

Weeeeell, I went once by road to Italy, which included Luxembourg, France, Germany, and  Switzerland, very pleasant, then the same trip by rail, changing trains at the Italian border, San Remo, another pleasant trip...Never had a problem...????

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, vogie said:

EU warned: 'More referendums to come' Swedish MEP in stern threat to von der Leyen

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1336193/eu-news-sweden-exit-von-der-leyen-state-of-the-union-peter-lundgren

Wow his party has a colourful history dont it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Democrats

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Wow his party has a colourful history dont it?

Anything you get you always find a way to disregard it or call posters liars or say that photo has been photoshopped. In this case the message is quite clear and I'm perfectly confident he is not alone, the House of Cards is crumbling and Ursula von der Leyen will certainly speed up that process. Your dream teams foundations are not fit for purpose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vogie said:

EU warned: 'More referendums to come' Swedish MEP in stern threat to von der Leyen

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1336193/eu-news-sweden-exit-von-der-leyen-state-of-the-union-peter-lundgren

You can't half pick 'em!

Lundgren is an MEP for the Swedish Democrats, a party which has its roots in Swedish facism and White Nationalism.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

You can't half pick 'em!

Lundgren is an MEP for the Swedish Democrats, a party which has its roots in Swedish facism and White Nationalism.

And your point is? What is he 'saying' that is so terribly untrue.

Don't like the singer means you don't like the song?

Edited by vogie

Just now, RayC said:

The message is being conveyed by a bloke whose party has 3 MEPs out of a total of 21 in Sweden. Hardly the voice of the majority in that country, let alone the EU.

Your assertion that the 'House of Cards' is crumbling does not seem to be borne out by opinion polls in Europe (see link below). 

The UK is leaving the EU. Isn't the continued existence of the EU in the UK's interest? After all, it's a drag on the resources and efficiency of the member states, isn't it? Therefore, why are Brexiters so fixated on its destruction? 

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2019/03/19/europeans-credit-eu-with-promoting-peace-and-prosperity-but-say-brussels-is-out-of-touch-with-its-citizens/

Only time will tell, the EU is like a cult, the UK has led the way and now other nations can see that it is possible for a country to escape the dysfunctual EU, you just need bottle. You have only to mention anything negative about the EU and its members are like ants trying to stop an invader into their nest, 'it's not true, we love Ursula' kill intruder, kill intruder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Jumping through hoops? 

At the very worst these hoops would involve showing a lovely blue British passport and an EU immigration officer stamping it? Wow, what a hassle! That would ruin my entire holiday. Might not even go if I have to put up with such an inconvenience.

I hardly think the European resorts that rely so heavily on UK tourists for their very existence are going to make things difficult for us to go there and spend all our money. Or does your version of Project Fear include Brits being banned from Europe, flights grounded etc.?

You will now need health insurance for a start. EHIC cards will no longer be valid. 

No more right to roam means your mobile phone charges will go through the roof as well.

Want to hire a car while on holiday? Gonna need an international driving permit. 

What about duty free? No mate your now on the Jonny Foreigner rates for how much you can bring back.

You wont be taking your pet with you any more either. So your Black Labrador with the unfortunate name will need to stay in the UK.

Course none of this matters to you what with you being in Thailand but for people living in the UK its yet ANOTHER downside to Brexit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

Brexiters accusing the EU of being like a cult, lol!

Only time will tell, you are right. However, up to now, Brexit had a rather deterring effect on the idea  of leaving, as people were becoming more aware of the real consequences of exiting.

Mate, a year from now Brexiteers will be rarer than hens teeth. Of the ones who remain they spend each and every post blaming everyone else for Brexit being a disaster.

I dont know if its just me but over the course of the last couple of weeks some posters on here have become a lot more abusive and fractious. 

Almost as if the enormity of what they have done is slowly dawning on them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

Only time will tell, the EU is like a cult, the UK has led the way and now other nations can see that it is possible for a country to escape the dysfunctual EU, you just need bottle. You have only to mention anything negative about the EU and its members are like ants trying to stop an invader into their nest, 'it's not true, we love Ursula' kill intruder, kill intruder.

Yet more empty, meaningless rhetoric when challenged on the facts.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Are you really sure he wants rights as an EU national? Maybe he only wants to vote against Germany policies, or even set up Gerxit Party!!

Taking an EU passport does not imply any allegiance with the EU. I know Brits who hold a Thai passport but would be vehemently opposed to the UK being a vassal state under Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Taking an EU passport does not imply any allegiance with the EU.

So he wants the benefits that come with having an EU passport without the obligations. A freeloader. I thought that you were vermentally opposed to such individuals?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Yet more empty, meaningless rhetoric when challenged on the facts.

Your post is meaningless rhetoric, what facts are those then 'Ray'

I had the audacity to show a speech being spoken in the chambers in Brussels and because the remainers are uncomfortable with it, the messenger must be destroyed at all costs.

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It has also been reported that Elvis is working in a diner in Las Vegas

Nigel children have German passports but he doesn't qualify as the requirements are

What are the requirements for becoming a naturalized German citizen?

Section 10, para. 1 of the Nationality Act

To be eligible for naturalization, a person has to have lived legally in Germany for at least eight years and possess the appropriate residence permit. Foreigners who have successfully completed an integration course are eligible for naturalization after seven years. Persons wishing to become naturalized citizens must also declare their allegiance to our constitution and have a sufficient command of the German language. Knowledge of German is an essential prerequisite for integration into our society. Candidates for naturalization must be familar with the legal system, society and living conditions in the Federal Republic of Germany (naturalization test) an be able to support themselves without recourse to social assistance, unless this is due to circumstances beyond their control; nor can they have committed any serious criminal offences. In addition, they must give up their previous citizenship. In certain cases or for certain groups of persons, however, multiple nationality may be considered.

Are spouses or registered partners of German citizens eligible for early naturalization?

Section 9 of the Nationality Act

Spouses or registered same-sex partners of German citizens are eligible for naturalization after three years of legal residence in Germany. They must have been married or in a registered partnership for at least two years at the time of application. The general requirements for naturalization also apply.

For more information, please contact the naturalization authority responsible for your place of residence.

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/migration/staatsang/Erwerb_der_deutschen_Staatsbuergerschaft_durch_Eingbuergerung_en.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1