Five Thais, two foreigners found positive in state quarantine

webfact

Five Thais, two foreigners found positive in state quarantine

By The Nation

800_62b7a5775b37ad5.jpg?v=1599799541

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported seven new cases in state quarantine over a 24-hour period on Friday (September 11).

The new cases, all asymptomatic, included a 14-year-old Russian boy who had travelled to Thailand on August 31 and tested positive on September 9.

Three returnees -- a two-year girl, an eight-year-old boy, and a 45-year-old man -- had travelled back from Saudi Arabia on September 5 and tested positive on September 9.

Two Thais -- a woman 33, and a man, 31 -- as well an Indian male arrived from India on September 6 and tested positive on September 9.

Meanwhile, two patients have recovered and been discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand stood at 3,461 (523 in state quarantine), of whom 91 are in hospital and 3,312 have recovered and been discharged. The death toll remains unchanged at 58.

According to Worldometer, as of 10am on Friday, the total number of confirmed global cases passed 28.3 million (increasing by 303,170). Of them, 20.3 million have recovered, while 60,753 are in serious condition and 913,908 have died.

Thailand is 123rd for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 6.58 million, followed by India 4.55 million, Brazil 4.23 million, Russia 1.04 million and Peru 710,067.

The CCSA expressed concern over the situation in Myanmar since the number of cases jumped in one month from 15 to 689 (from August 10 to September 10). Thailand has 10 provinces (40 districts) that border Myanmar. They are: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon and Ranong.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394363

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-11

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I think if there was large community spread here like in the US/UK you would see it reflected in hospital admissions especially when you consider diabetes is a serious comorbidity and that disease is huge here..

There is an increase in deaths in Thailand from Flu etc or that is what it is being recorded as. Increases reported several months ago.

1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

Yes, but Thailand is not like the UK in winter time. It's more like the UK in summer time.

Check the numbers there today, the hospitalised and the daily fatalties. This gives a rough idea about what happens in Thailand today, however with different diagnosis due to the lack of testing. Everybody should understand that the conditions during the European winter were completely different to the climate conditions in Thailand, and this has a huge influence on the spread of the virus.

The US are another story, though.

it's been proven bars are one of the best venues to spread covid, the UK is in for the winter from hell. The numbers last April were vastly under reported ( lack of testing/tracing ) and consequently it got completely out of hand. Now since they reopened the bars and with the eventually nasty weather, this will force all into closer quarters, they might as well serve petri dishes with the pints lol. imo the infection rate could get to be the highest yet (as its rising now along with cases) going forward. As long as hospitals can keep up the fatality rate should remain lower due to more experienced medical people and better therapeutics. But if the hospitals get overwhelmed all bets are off.

4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

it's been proven bars are one of the best venues to spread covid, the UK is in for the winter from hell. The numbers last April were vastly under reported ( lack of testing/tracing ) and consequently it got completely out of hand. Now since they reopened the bars and with the eventually nasty weather, this will force all into closer quarters, they might as well serve petri dishes with the pints lol. imo the infection rate could get to be the highest yet (as its rising now along with cases) going forward. As long as hospitals can keep up the fatality rate should remain lower due to more experienced medical people and better therapeutics. But if the hospitals get overwhelmed all bets are off.

100% agree. The UK is on a stealth slow track, but I expect we will see a couple of growth spurts soon...and also agree, that the death rate should be much better this time...

Screen Shot 2563-09-11 at 3.30.26 PM.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

There is an increase in deaths in Thailand from Flu etc or that is what it is being recorded as. Increases reported several months ago.

many, many times higher in other countries by far and in fact there are a few 1st world countries that play with this number consistently. During their internal fights for reopening, the business sociopaths vs the health departments use the numbers of deaths in public appeal persuasions - imo disgusting..  

34 minutes ago, samtab said:

oh for Thai, but how can a foreigner fly here if he has covid ? from which country is he allowed to fly, and why is he so stupid to fly if he has covid ?

real question 1

Picked it up for free from untested Thais on the plane ! Only part of this joke that is free !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, samtab said:

oh for Thai, but how can a foreigner fly here if he has covid ? from which country is he allowed to fly, and why is he so stupid to fly if he has covid ?

real question 1

Same reason as when they arrive and test negative, why don't they let them on their way?

Because the PCR testing protocol is flawed in terms of virus not detected for 4 or 5 days after infection and the test is only as good as the experience of the tester and the sample.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The foreigners are forced to do a test BEFORE to travel to Thailand

then we can assume they are not positive when they embark on the plane.

On the other hand the Thais are not forced to do any test before the travel

so the foreigners are being contaminated during the flight when they are mixed

with the non tested Thai, few of them being infected.

It's the reason why a lot of foreigners are not positive before the flight but

are tested positive during the quarantine in the second week.

To mix (Volontarily and knowing the risks) in a long plane flight tested and not tested people is just a shame and it's deliberately endengering the life of the others, for what the Thai authorities should be imo prosecuted in court by the returnees affected by the disease.

Don't fly, just wait for the vaccine. ????

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Don't fly, just wait for the vaccine. ????

Of course i don't fly

i am lucky enough being already in Thailand at the moment

i live here without the need to go abroad

i was just worring for the others.

If you wait for the vaccine, you could be disapointed

do you know it's possible a vaccine could be never find?

And even if a vaccine is discovered, it's likely it should be

not safe at 100%, plus the virus could also mute as he did already.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I think if there was large community spread here like in the US/UK you would see it reflected in hospital admissions especially when you consider diabetes is a serious comorbidity and that disease is huge here..

Agree 100 per cent, with Thai Media if there was a cover up it would be all over facebook in no time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Of course i don't fly

i am lucky enough being already in Thailand at the moment

i live here without the need to go abroad

i was just worring for the others.

If you wait for the vaccine, you could be disapointed

do you know it's possible a vaccine could be never find?

And even if a vaccine is discovered, it's likely it should be

not safe at 100%, plus the virus could also mute as he did already.

well, but you have to admit, that a vaccine, even it's working only for 6 months or only by 90% , is all better than to sit in a cramped plane with dozens of coughing passengers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samtab said:

real question 1

You take a test 72 hours before flying.  You may get the virus after you take the test and when take your flight and arrive in Thailand. However, even if you catch the virus during these 72 hours you usually aren't showing symptoms and (i may well be wrong) but as you asymptomatic (ie not coughing, or displaing a temperature) for the first 5 days, so the 72 hours before flying is pretty ideal. 

The issue with thai's not having to test before boarding flights is dangerous and quite frankly utterly ridiculous. If you like in the UK, USA, or anywhere Europe you can afford to get a test. In no way should foreigners be placed on these flights - but i suppose a few infections from non Thai's whilst in quarantine here and there are good for the hospitals that are raking it in with the insurance policies these foreigners have to get. 

• Like 1

If there is covid in Thailand we would have heard of it by now .... even if they aren't testing, there would foreigners out there who were catching this virus and reporting it. 

As it is, i've yet to see any foreigner come out and say they got the virus (except this DJ criminal last week). 

Even if you factor in low testing and mix in a conspiracy of not reporting - you have to admit in the early stages they were reporting cases and deaths. 

Whilst i do agree i find it impossible to believe there is no covid in Thailand ... if it is in circulation it's in very small numbers.