"Win Wars" outside Big C: Motorcycle taxi guys surrender to police after shooting

webfact

"Win Wars" outside Big C: Motorcycle taxi guys surrender to police after shooting 

10pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A second man who was said to be a "win" or motorcycle taxi rider has given himself up to Bang Kaew police following a shooting incident outside the Big C branch behind the temple of Wat Nam Daeng in Samut Prakan on Tuesday evening.

Shoppers were seen in a video running for their lives as shots rang out. 

Evidence of 8 shots from a .38 (Super) were found at the scene. One shot hit a car belonging to a member of the public. 

No one was injured. 

The violence was between two men who are responsible for running ranks on the opposite side of the road and involved disagreements about who should pick up who. 

On Wednesday Somjet, 55, the "owner" of one of the ranks surrendered to police with a .22 gun. 

Yesterday Prayoon, 47, surrendered to Pol Maj-Gen Thanayut Wuthijaratthamrong The Region 1 chief who was in town to investigate developments in the case.

Prayoon handed in his .38.

10pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

In a rambling analysis of his actions he said that it was not really a disagreement as it was clear who should take what passenger in what direction. He claimed that the other man threatened to shoot him and he fired in self defence.

He said he just happened to be armed because he was helping out the phu yai ban on some business or other and needed a weapon. 

He said he didn't mean to shoot and offered a standard "apology to society".

A group of policemen listened to all this before taking him to Big C on a reenactment of his actions. 

Maj-Gen Thanayut said he had ordered patrols in the area to be beefed up. He noted there had already been one murder of a "win" rider in his area and he wanted to make sure that the public were safe from this lawbreaking. 

The police are still gathering evidence in the matter and mulling charges of attempted murder and weapons offences in the case. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-11

1 hour ago, CanuckThai said:

Well, apologizing for pointing a loaded gun at someone in a public area, should be accepted as a reasonable penance  (lol).  The public wrist slapping will definitely deter future gun slingers....

Well...........................????

10 minutes ago, johnray said:

The pooyai baan story sounds like <deleted>.  Either way he just admitted to another crime.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable excuse to me.

"I'd been hired to shoot someone later in the day, so I happened to have a gun in my pocket".

Fuss over nothing really.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he just happened to be armed because he was helping out the phu yai ban on some business or other and needed a weapon. 

It just gets better and better...

I'm sure the Phu yai ban will be round to tuck you in at night !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Ummm.... What's next? Yes, ...I mean I just happened to have been carrying an atomic bomb in my pocket, as I was helping out someone with some business... And I really didn't mean to detonate it, so I apologise to the public (wai wai wai wai wai)...

What's wrong with these people?!

18 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I don't know about putting the prisons on the tourist list but certainly "Body cams of Thai Police in Action" ....... and subsequent prosecutions ........  LOL

Thai police in action?? Look at the photo at the beginning of this thread, and the one where the four policemen are interviewing the guy. Some are so overweight I could just imagine them in "action",  even at my age I could probably outrun them.

Edited by possum1931
  • Haha 1