Minister says civil servants key to corruption prevention

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He proposed an idea to give incentives to civil servants as a token of appreciation for their work

So another form of corruption,from the Government itself,we will bride you

not to take bribes, which they will still do anyway......

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - A Minister at the Office of the Prime Minister says good governance must be upheld to prevent corruption, adding that civil servants are at the heart of the anti-corruption process.

Delete "anti" you might be onto something !

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

They could do worse than start with those immigration officers accepting bribes to 'legally' overlook money in the bank requirements for extensions ????

For many ex-pats, I hope not. That is how I continued living in Thailand for the past 6 years before moving to Cambodia, courtesy of a very "considerate" Immigration Office. 

Wherever corruption, civil servants are at the origin. If you want to a HAVE kosher society, pay them decently, enforce anti-corruption laws, fire the sinners, make examples. In my civilized democratic western country, if you try to bribe one, the latter himself will report you to justice. Of course there always will be exceptions. But I am afraid that currently it is just wishfull thinking in this country, UTOPIA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

For many ex-pats, I hope not. That is how I continued living in Thailand for the past 6 years before moving to Cambodia, courtesy of a very "considerate" Immigration Office. 

Try the  corrupt  land depts  too, they want a  cut  off any condo sales to make the process run smoothly, Hua  Hin and  Bkk near Seacon Square and probably many others too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Listen to Minister Anucha, he has a special relationship with corruption...

2037594638_AnuchaNakasaiMinisterattachedtothePrimeMinistersOfficebowingatPrawitslap.jpg.8e879ee60fc1279673c7c5036e5ca045.jpg

As higher in the Sakdina pyramid corruption happens, as less it is corruption anymore, and as more it becomes highly ethical support of the "good people". And as higher the bribes, as more ethical and laudable it becomes. TIT. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In his remarks, Minister Anucha emphasized the role played by civil servants at all government agencies in the prevention of corruption, urging them to uphold good governance and to refrain from involving themselves in any corruption, even when an illicit offer is made.

Is corruption not the sole purpose that civil servants and politicians get involved and buy their way in, buy their promotions or through nepotism or connections knowing full well the investment will be returned, in govt and their agencies in the first place? Don the uniform and share in the spoils, Thailand would cease to operate without the trough! Good luck with that one, Kh Anucha, YOU ARE DREAMING!

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, vangrop said:

Wherever corruption, civil servants are at the origin. If you want to a HAVE kosher society, pay them decently, enforce anti-corruption laws, fire the sinners, make examples. In my civilized democratic western country, if you try to bribe one, the latter himself will report you to justice. Of course there always will be exceptions. But I am afraid that currently it is just wishfull thinking in this country, UTOPIA.

Here the exception is one that doesn't. 

Corruption is at every level in society, having to deal with a civil servant you can almost guarantee it.

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He proposed an idea to give incentives to civil servants as a token of appreciation for their work, and to discourage them from participating in corruption.

This will legalise their corruption.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

It's just a way of life, having lived here for 25 years and I have bought and sold a few properties and been involved with business I could write some stories on here but Im not, I have always said if you want to try and cut out corruption then start at the airport.

• Like 1