Shabu drama: Man charged for eating too much at all you eat buffet

rooster59

On 9/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, rooster59 said:

Netizens reacted swiftly to say this was an all you can eat buffet. The customer was entitled to order whatever they liked. 

If it is clearly sated then he is right.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, rooster59 said:

She said that she would see him in court for posting disparaging comments about her establishment.

This is what is wrong with Thailand especially and other places and people. Cant take any criticism even if it is true so I will sue you. Childish IMO.

Restaurant owners are expecting normal customers. Was not the case here.

Same when booking online for a flight. Airlines are expecting normal passengers.

If someone booking a flight is grossly obese, he or she should inform the airline before.

If someone is eating in a way that is gross, and make it that other customers do not even want to look at him eating, this customers should inform the owner that he intends to go and take advantage of an offer made to normal people. And pay consequently...

Shabu Shabu has the conveyor belt with the food on it. It's pretty annoying to be seated after a group of shrimp hoggers. Not a single shrimp reached my table the last time I was there. I had to get up and rescue some before they reached the selfish shrimpomaniacs. 

On 9/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, chickenslegs said:

Sheer coincidence?

1798093602_Screenshot2020-09-14at16_07_25.thumb.png.98d0f1bea4e1016b6444c73281827017.png

Something fishy going on here. CorpusChristie didn't finish all the fish in breadcrumbs until 59 minutes after BigDave noticed they'd all gone.

Vey interesting indeed.

9 minutes ago, androokery said:

Shabu Shabu has the conveyor belt with the food on it. It's pretty annoying to be seated after a group of shrimp hoggers. Not a single shrimp reached my table the last time I was there. I had to get up and rescue some before they reached the selfish shrimpomaniacs. 

I always strategically get a seat right next to where the food comes out from 

On 9/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, AbeNormal said:

a lot of AYCE buffets I have used get round this by actually serving the high value meats etc, very rarely do I see people going for a 2nd visit to the counter

In saying that, if they advertise as AYCE then that is what they are, like someone already mentioned, they balance out over time 

In the states the high value foods are simply served intermittently so not available every time you go for refills. Some people complain though not most. And trust me on this, many Americans can put away a considerable amount of food at a single sitting. Watching an entire family at the trough is enough to put one off eating for a week. I'm appalled at the 'growth' of America every time I visit home, which is becoming less frequent as I watch my country self-destruct. 

These things must be built into the business model. If they are losing money then their prices are too low. 

On 9/12/2020 at 8:52 PM, djayz said:

I hate the phrase "All you can eat", almost as much as the people who go there to stuff themselves. 

Well... I love the all you can eat brunch buffet at the Hilton Pattaya...

Maybe if you could afford it you might change your mind?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Well... I love the all you can eat brunch buffet at the Hilton Pattaya...

Maybe if you could afford it you might change your mind?

I've never been able to enjoy a meal surrounded by people who feel that it's perfectly acceptable to pig it out "just coz it's free/included", irrespective of whether it's the Hilton or Shabu. There are millions of people around the world going to bed on empty stomachs while others stuff their fat guts even more. Simply grotesque. 

But I do admit that I really enjoy the selection of food some places offer, especially breakfast buffets in some hotels.

Eat, enjoy, be content then pay the bill and leave. 

Edited by djayz

My wife has said the translation of this Thai news report is not correct, the "official higher up in the chain" did not agree with the restaurant and said that the franchise owner should not charge extra, they actually said sorry.

Please amend the translation to reflect the correct translation. 

21 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I always strategically get a seat right next to where the food comes out from 

I think the point I was trying to make with my anecdote, was that sometimes the actions of some customers, while correct regarding the deal with the establishment, will be detrimental to other customers who will not get a fair deal and will not return. So the restaurant would be wise to kick the shrimp-hoarders out. Or move them to the end of the conveyor belt. If only you could identify them when they entered...