Don’t risk an overstay: Foreigners in Thailand urged to renew ‘visas’ BEFORE 26 Sept

rooster59

31 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:
53 minutes ago, impulse said:

If it's anything like getting a Medical Certificate for a WP or a driver's license, 400 baht at the local clinic should solve his problems for 30 days at a time.

Here's what it says you need to get a unfit to fly certificate from the hospital. 

If you are suffering from:

• Chest pain, pneumothorax, or a severe chronic respiratory disease
  • Severe sinus, ear, or nose infection
  • Any disease that you can easily spread to other people
  • A fever of 100.4°F (38°C) or greater
  • Swelling of the brain caused by bleeding, injury, or infection
  • Sickle cell disease
  • Uncontrolled psychotic illness

Strange...  All I needed to get Medical Certificates in the past was a pulse and 400 baht.  And I'm not even sure about the pulse.  But they did seem keen on the 400 baht.

My point, poorly made as it is...  That list is handy, but a few baht thrown in the right direction can often work wonders in Thailand.  Before I'd throw up my hands and leave the country or go on overstay, I'd schedule my annual checkup for mid-October and ask the hospital for the documents I'll need to still be in Thailand on that date.  Maybe it'll work.  Maybe not.  But it's better than just giving up because I don't have anything on some list.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

I would gather anyone’s visa under and needing the amnesty of the past certain period will be under the Sept 26 rule. It is absurd as will put an overload on the immigration offices for this year and certainly next year. 

For me it creates a huge headache because my normal extension’s last date is always on Sept 27 every year. Don’t figure as this will do me an injustice next year having swarms of extentioners thrust into my normal extension time.

I am already set for this year coming up but next year will be an omg. I hope they figure this out because it is very ill thought out.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, misterphil said:

Tried to extend on Friday and was told I will lose days if I extend now. I emphasised that it should start 27th September but the IMO was adamant  and they put this stamp in my passport. 

403661F9-9AC4-48D4-85D2-276947D85043.jpeg

I found when renewing a thai driving license you can not do a few days before.do it on the renew date or day after,then ok that is they system it seems

Edited by bristolgeoff
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Here's what it says you need to get a unfit to fly certificate from the hospital. 

If you are suffering from:

• Chest pain, pneumothorax, or a severe chronic respiratory disease
  • Severe sinus, ear, or nose infection
  • Any disease that you can easily spread to other people
  • A fever of 100.4°F (38°C) or greater
  • Swelling of the brain caused by bleeding, injury, or infection
  • Sickle cell disease
  • Uncontrolled psychotic illness

leg.jpg

I had an extension one time, on painkillers, Hosp said in to much pain to travel or words to that effect, hope no one falls out of a hammock, back pain can be hard to diagnose init, 'Ehm ????

5 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

Most developed nations are providing long term extensions, visa waivers and other "amnesty" periods for those stuck inside the country.

That Thailand cannot even provide a framework as simple as that which Vietnam has, says plenty about its position in said ranking of "developedness".

Flights out of Thailand and long term visas are available for everyone currently inside Thailand 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Flights out of Thailand and long term visas are available for everyone currently inside Thailand 

Kind of funny how so many people tend to ignore this, or not do any research.

This will be an interesting two weeks that is for sure ????

15 hours ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

They've said this before, but who knows.  It's best for everyone to extend it.  Or just have us pay money when we depart.  Easy.  Too many people have to leave, and I guarantee the flights available will not be able to handle the exodus. And it's hard for many Americans to transit and you also need a negative test to transit in Dubai or Qatar.  And borders are closed.  And Thailand needs tourists - bad - so why make us leave.  

I wonder how many people will be stuck in the airports with canceled tickets in their hands?

21 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

You don't have to do anything until 27th Oct, but you can go in on 26th September to extend it if your IO allows extensions up to 45 days before the due date. 

i cant believe he was even asking that question!!  seriously......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

My new English neighbour renting the house opposite is under the amnesty. I asked him if he'd got a new visa yet (his plan was to get a volunteer visa) but he said no, he was waiting to see what happens. He's expecting the government to extend the amnesty again, I guess. As I understand it, he's left it too late now to get a volunteer visa, he's in his forties and reasonably fit so I doubt he'd get a medical visa, and there are flights back to the UK every week so he can't get a letter from the embassy to say that he can't return. I wonder what his plan is now?

Panic, when reality sets in.

9 hours ago, patient37 said:

Kind of funny how so many people tend to ignore this, or not do any research.

This will be an interesting two weeks that is for sure ????

The apple cart is about to get overturned for some people who have had the time, but instead decided to fly by the seat of there pants and feign ignorance unfortunately.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chippendale said:

No more amnesty, so my wife and I will be dropping by this week to get our 60 day extension (What happens once those 60 days are up? I haven't got a clue.)

You can use the 60-days extension of stay as part of the 2-month seasoning requirement for the 400K when using the funds-in-bank method for your 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

Depending on age, nationality, foreign monthly income and history of foreign transfers, there are also possible other options for you when wanting to stay long-term in Thailand.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You can use the 60-days extension of stay as part of the 2-month seasoning requirement for the 400K when using the funds-in-bank method for your 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

Depending on age, nationality, foreign monthly income and history of foreign transfers, there are also possible other options for you when wanting to stay long-term in Thailand.

Thanks. Actually, I have 400k in a Thai bank account, seasoned for more than 6 months already.

But I deposited it locally, not from abroad. Is that a problem, or can I now still apply for a 12-month extension (to stay with Thai wife) ?

4 minutes ago, chippendale said:

Thanks. Actually, I have 400k in a Thai bank account, seasoned for more than 6 months already.

But I deposited it locally, not from abroad. Is that a problem, or can I now still apply for a 12-month extension (to stay with Thai wife) ?

When using the 400K funds-in-bank method, there is NO need to prove their foreign origins nor the source of those funds.  But the funds do have to be on a PERSONAL thai bank-account (a joint account with your thai wife is not accepted by IO).

So you should be Good to Go!

Success!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The apple cart is about to get overturned for some people who have had the time, but instead decided to fly by the seat of there pants and feign ignorance unfortunately.

Those with the biggest balls will prevail.. You will have you're answer tomorrow after the Government meeting.

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Guderian said:

My new English neighbour renting the house opposite is under the amnesty. I asked him if he'd got a new visa yet (his plan was to get a volunteer visa) but he said no, he was waiting to see what happens. He's expecting the government to extend the amnesty again, I guess. As I understand it, he's left it too late now to get a volunteer visa, he's in his forties and reasonably fit so I doubt he'd get a medical visa, and there are flights back to the UK every week so he can't get a letter from the embassy to say that he can't return. I wonder what his plan is now?

Why do you care??????