Don’t risk an overstay: Foreigners in Thailand urged to renew ‘visas’ BEFORE 26 Sept

rooster59

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Every extension of stay applied for at an IO - be it for 30-days, 60-days or 1-year - costs 1.900 THB.

Extensions at Male Enhancement Clinics are considerably more expensive, but when applying primitive methods they can come at bargain prices too.  Sorry, could not resist poking some fun here.

Gosh Peter, you are a caution. 

:)....... :)....... ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering, how many types of visas this country have? i guess like 2 dozens and even more,

the day that this country will streamline their visas type that will be the day they send home half of the people that work in immigration centers in the country and confusing will be minimized...

How many types of visas does your country have? And other countries around the world? 

• Like 1

I wonder if we will be reading about fanatic raids and checks on overstayers after this date, even the borders are still closed. Guess they will actually. Still not get they didn't just extended amnesty til new years or so, they need the spenders big time anyway.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I wonder if we will be reading about fanatic raids and checks on overstayers after this date, even the borders are still closed. Guess they will actually. Still not get they didn't just extended amnesty til new years or so, they need the spenders big time anyway.

The "big spenders" would have paid for a long term visa , its the people who want a few more months with a free visas and didnt want to pay for a visa, are the ones who will have to leave 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If they extend the amnesty 'till the New Year, then the problems will start all over again.

Many people should have done the sensible thing either by obtaining the relevant letter from their embassy if unable to get a flight or obtain the necessary medical cert due to being unfit to fly.

Edited by anchadian

On marriage visa.

My visa expired in May. I went to immigration 24th August and asked if I needed any stamp or anything before going to the Embassy. I was told no, that everything was ok, but they told me I had to hurry up and needed to come back before the month ended (before August 31.). I took an airplane to BKK actually the same day and got the stamp the next day. Then I went to the Amphur to get a copy of the marriage papers before getting an airplane back. All in just 1 day. Did the process at the immigration the next morning. Now waiting for the final process to finish the 16th this month (in 3 days).

From what I understand it was lucky I went when I did and not dragged it on until this month as it would be too late.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering, how many types of visas this country have? i guess like 2 dozens and even more,

the day that this country will streamline their visas type that will be the day they send home half of the people that work in immigration centers in the country and confusing will be minimized...

and now youve mentioned it  they  will probably create another 10  different types

It seems they forgot to do anything about the non-b multiple entry visa. There is no way to extend the 90 day entry stamp within Thailand, only option I heard is upgrading to a 1 year entry business visa for 25-35k, but that includes also finding and paying social security for 4 Thai staff that you may not have. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

My new English neighbour renting the house opposite is under the amnesty. I asked him if he'd got a new visa yet (his plan was to get a volunteer visa) but he said no, he was waiting to see what happens. He's expecting the government to extend the amnesty again, I guess. As I understand it, he's left it too late now to get a volunteer visa, he's in his forties and reasonably fit so I doubt he'd get a medical visa, and there are flights back to the UK every week so he can't get a letter from the embassy to say that he can't return. I wonder what his plan is now?

If it's anything like getting a Medical Certificate for a WP or a driver's license, 400 baht at the local clinic should solve his problems for 30 days at a time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

You don't have to do anything until 27th Oct, but you can go in on 26th September to extend it if your IO allows extensions up to 45 days before the due date. 

If your Imm Officer allows ??. 

Aliens/farangs ,  we are really in a bad situation ..

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

i count 11 visas    https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

If your Imm Officer allows ??. 

Aliens/farangs ,  we are really in a bad situation ..

Yes, some Immigration Offices (e.g. CW) allow you to extend 45 days before the end of your permission to stay others only allow you to extend 30 days before. 

So If his IO is in the former camp, he can extend 26th September, otherwise he'd need to wait until 27th Sep for a PTS ended 27th Oct.

I'd wait until 1st week in October if it was me... 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

If it's anything like getting a Medical Certificate for a WP or a driver's license, 400 baht at the local clinic should solve his problems for 30 days at a time.

Here's what it says you need to get a unfit to fly certificate from the hospital. 

If you are suffering from:

• Chest pain, pneumothorax, or a severe chronic respiratory disease
  • Severe sinus, ear, or nose infection
  • Any disease that you can easily spread to other people
  • A fever of 100.4°F (38°C) or greater
  • Swelling of the brain caused by bleeding, injury, or infection
  • Sickle cell disease
  • Uncontrolled psychotic illness

leg.jpg

• Like 1

Using agents , many of whom advertise on Thai Visa.

Makes everybody happy . including your local 90 day , immi Officer.

No Big Joke . Wai and smile.. 555

Edited by elliss