Honda Click PX value & opinions please.

Rolanddrums

Hi guys, looking for opinions/prices/ experiences of this ( or similar).

First heres some details :- I bought a brand new Click from Mityon Pattaya 6 and a half years ago. ( 45,500 baht  cash at the time.. March 2014 ). It is one owner (me).   Always serviced/ mot'd /taxed etc. No prangs no blow ups etc . Green book present. New tyres and brakes all round recently. 13,000 km. Almost immaculate and clean .. 

Looking for opinions of Click PX value against a Brand new 2020 model Yamaha N max ( Latest no key  version). Price is about 87,000 baht btw.

Mityon gave me a  PX price, but frankly I think is very low. I took bike to them to view with the green book. Yes I  know they try it on, and I could maybe haggle a better PX value.

I would like to know others opinions/experiences etc of similar scenarios. I am a cash buyer BTW. I know selling privately yields a little more, but how much more 2 k baht maybe? I cant be bothered with the hassle  just for that.

....Maybe others know another Pattaya reputable dealer that tend to offer more ?....thanks

Edited by Rolanddrums

trading in or selling to a dealer is always a bad idea in any country.

put the bike on facebook or bahtsold.com.

look at similar bike listed for sale to get current value. used stuff sells for very high prices in Thailand. 

farang owned and serviced, green book are all great selling points.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

farang owned and serviced, green book are all great selling points.

You're wrong, I wouldn't buy from a foreigner as the certificate of residence nonsense adds too much hassle.

Not worth looking at the service history as a complete engine rebuild is about 6k.

Thai to Thai sales only for me.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

6 1/2 years old maybe 15k if it's the 150cc auto-idle model.

Less if it's a lower spec.

10k if it's the older 125cc.

11+ year old 2009 Honda PCX 125, just sold in one day, 30,000bht

Next day, 2015 Yamaha Grand Filano, just sold in one day, 29,000bht..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johng said:

I think you got a very good price for that !

I didn't, she did......????...... 

We know one bloke was a guy that buys and sells, the other, lives nearby, I reckon does the same, never seen the bike at his address...The bikes were in top condition, this farang saw to that....????

Bought a new Yamaha Grand Filano Hybrid ABS with the proceeds of the sales...

Edited by transam

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong, I wouldn't buy from a foreigner as the certificate of residence nonsense adds too much hassle.

Not worth looking at the service history as a complete engine rebuild is about 6k.

Thai to Thai sales only for me.

IME a Certificate of Residence is 200 baht if you want it the next day, free if you are prepared to wait a month. You make it sound like a labor of Hercules.

Opinions differ, I will only buy from farangs because for many Thais servicing is optional. The only vehicle I bought here from an Asian burned a fair amount of cash before I got rid of it.

Shelling out 6k on a 20k bike for a rebuild doesn't make financial sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the input guys. Couple of notes.....

- PX Is the abreviation of ' Part Exchange' ( Trade in allowance). Maybe its a very English term only, I dont know.

- Yes its a 125 cc Model.

-My question of how much more a private sale would yield.( ie 2k ? ).Was based on typical prices achieved PX'ing a Click against a new 86,000 Motorcycle. 

-My PX offer . before any haggling  13 k baht BTW. I could get 15k on the spot from Mityon (I believe) if I had asked.

-I want 17k PX Min BTW .. Not one baht less . Im not in any hurry. I only want to PX as I need my old bike every day until new bike delivered

- Regarding servicing , running it with either insufficient/no  coolant or oil, are going to be 2 of the things most likely to trash the engine. But there are others.

Edited by Rolanddrums

25 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Thanks for the input guys. Couple of notes.....

- PX Is the abreviation of ' Part Exchange' ( Trade in allowance). Maybe its a very English term only, I dont know.

- Yes its a 125 cc Model.

-My question of how much more a private sale would yield.( ie 2k ? ).Was based on typical prices achieved PX'ing a Click against a new 86,000 Motorcycle. 

-My PX offer . before any haggling  13 k baht BTW. I could get 15k on the spot from Mityon (I believe) if I had asked.

-I want 17k PX Min BTW .. Not one baht less . Im not in any hurry. I only want to PX as I need my old bike every day until new bike delivered

- Regarding servicing , running it with either insufficient/no  coolant or oil, are going to be 2 of the things most likely to trash the engine. But there are others.

IMO 17K baht for a  scooter with 13K on the odometer about 6 years old is a reasonable price, I'd buy it myself if I was not in Chiang Rai. It should sell quickly.

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

6 1/2 years old maybe 15k-20k if it's the 125cc Click-i auto-idle model (but these cost 52k new).

Less if it's a lower spec.

10k-15k if it's the earlier version (which your 45k price seems to indicate).

A certificate or residence is not required for a foreigner to sell a car or a bike (in Bangkok at least)

In the past couple of years I’ve sold both a car and a motorcycle and a Certificate of residence was not needed.

Just signed copy of passport and power of attorney form and transfer form (no need to even attend the DLT). 

Things of course could be different in the sticks. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Things of course could be different in the sticks. 

They are, not always detrimentally.

You'd have to pay me a lot before I'd live in Bangkok.

I mean with regards to requirements stipulated by officials at regional offices and whether or not a certificate of residence is required when selling a vehicle.

With regards to your preference of where you live. Wholly irrelevant on a thread which is about selling a vehicle, although your comments may be more appropriately placed here if you really want people to know you don’t like living in a city https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1181985-5-best-places-to-live-in-thailand-really/?tab=comments#comment-15808301

Certificate of residence is not required from sellers in Phuket as far as I know - if it's not changed...

OP people who do part exchange do it for convince and as you mentioned to not have a gap period without a bike. Of course for that privilege and service - not really having to deal with buyers and advertising etc. you pay a fee - i.e. cheaper PX price. Of course you can get a bit more selling privately... So as they say here, up to you...! 

Hi, as people are disgusing additional charges when buying / selling, heres one more that I dont fully understand, and effects price in my case by 2000 baht extra.

- Mityon whose English was not too good, told me I have to pay 2000 baht extra for 1 years ' government insurance'. I couldnt even get them to tell me if this was a compulsory addition or 'up to me'?

- If they had told me it is ' Third Party Insurance ' I would understand, but no they say is to insure me. ??? 

A full (in English) explanation of this from anyone would be good... thanks

Edited by Rolanddrums
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi, as people are disgusing additional charges when buying / selling, heres one more that I dont fully understand, and effects price in my case by 2000 baht extra.

- Mityon whose English was not too good, told me I have to pay 2000 baht extra for 1 years ' government insurance'. I couldnt even get them to tell me if this was a compulsory addition or 'up to me'?

- If they had told me it is ' Third Party Insurance ' I would understand, but no they say is to insure me. ??? 

yes this bunch are all at it...2700 to change name,3000 to issue green book,   but to buy a bike with no green book is far cheaper,     did mine last week   )bike)   forget now but 100baht or so under 149cc

Compulsory insurance is only around 300 baht. They're probably trying to sell you some type 2 additional insurance if they're asking above 2000 baht..

Ask to see the policy maybe?

2 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

100b is tax and 300b is government compulsory insurance for bike 150cc or lower, no idea what the real cost of getting a brand new Green Book and a new number plate for a new bike is, but all of the above in total plus the service of doing it for you is usually charged by dealers around 1500b to 2000b for new bikes - from what I hear quoted. I don't think anyone has done it privately, most people just go with dealer and let them do it and pay - this is for brand new bikes....

So don't worry it's not too much, could be 1500b but everything goes up these days, never down...!  ????

Edited by Agusts

OK thanks I will take a look.

Is this insurance compulsory or not? If only 300 baht ( I think thats what I paid 2014) no problem. But Id still like to know what it covers me against.

2000 baht for nothing and no explanation ,and I will walk away for sure.

Yes Green book is in my name . Red number plate will be 300 baht extra .

Edited by Rolanddrums