Thailand to Europe, back to Thailand, possible in emergency?

OneMoreFarang

There are no special regulations for this. I keep close tabs as I may be facing a similar situation soon.

Once you leave, you are subject to the same regulations and conditions for entering as anyone else. Which means $100k insurance that includes COVID cover (no exception made for having Thai SS), taking a Embassy-arranged flight, and 14 days quarantine on arrival at your expense.

You are luckier than some (including me) as at least with non-B and work permit you will clearly qualify for a COE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Go see them and then maybe for months don't return back to my home and work in Thailand?

That is no valid option for me. 

Sorry for your situation... a friend of mine in USA has a mother in a nursing home - she has little time left and all they can do is wave through a window... 

I am sure you probably thought of this but can you skype with them? 

Something else which you may need to consider is if the country which your parents are currently resident requires you to self-isolate on arrival. (At this moment the England requires those travelling from Thailand to do so for 14 days - naturally, others will potentially have their own requirements.)

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My parents in Europe are both very sick and could possibly die before the end of the year. I like to see them but I also want to and need to return to Thailand for work.

My mother passed in late April, cremated in May there was no chance back then... plus UK only allowed 5 people to attend the funeral service.

I'm sure you could possibly work something out now, as long as you don't mind a pile of paperwork & quarantine.

10 hours ago, jimn said:

Please please please only post information if you are convinced it is correct. Unfortunately you are totally wrong. Since Sept 1st Emirates are flying into BKK carrying passengers who qualify to come back. Best not post if you are not up to date.

How about the 2nd problem I mentioned, that you can only start the process when you are there - is that point out of date as well? 

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There are no special regulations for this. I keep close tabs as I may be facing a similar situation soon.

Once you leave, you are subject to the same regulations and conditions for entering as anyone else. Which means $100k insurance that includes COVID cover (no exception made for having Thai SS), taking a Embassy-arranged flight, and 14 days quarantine on arrival at your expense.

You are luckier than some (including me) as at least with non-B and work permit you will clearly qualify for a COE.

As I mentioned before, you can now book with Emirates and then get your COE from the Embassy based on that.

Edited by jimn

8 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

How about the 2nd problem I mentioned, that you can only start the process when you are there - is that point out of date as well? 

No your 2nd point was correct about dealing with the embassy where you are going to be located. However nothing stopping you starting the process before you go, the embassy will not know where you are located.

Edited by jimn

On 9/15/2020 at 10:41 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Go see them and then maybe for months don't return back to my home and work in Thailand?

That is no valid option for me. 

If your children say the same thing to you, how would you feel when you are dying in your bed and your loved ones are not with you?

It seems that being with your parents in their dying moments isn't as important as living in Thailand?

If you have a work permit, it is entirely possible to go back to Thailand unless you are a tourist, then maybe.

Edited by EricTh

25 minutes ago, jimn said:

No your 2nd point was correct about dealing with the embassy where you are going to be located. However nothing stopping you starting the process before you go, the embassy will not know where you are located.

A friend of mine tried to prearrange with the embassy at his destination and was told he'd have to go in person to hand over the documents and nothing can be done before he's actually there. That was about 2 weeks ago

3 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

A friend of mine tried to prearrange with the embassy at his destination and was told he'd have to go in person to hand over the documents and nothing can be done before he's actually there. That was about 2 weeks ago

I think some will let you email as I seem to recall a poster falling foul of file size restrictions.  Handing in documents seems nuts considering you could be hundreds of miles from your embassy.