Potential sign of alien life detected on inhospitable Venus

webfact

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:
13 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

like in Well's book, if they came here they'd die of covid lol

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I thought the aliens in Wells' book died from bacteria and not from viruses. 

Yes, you're right, it was bacteria:

''The Martians on Earth are eventually killed by earth-borne bacteria, of which their immune systems couldn't cope due to having destroyed diseases on their home world of Mars''.

But, there's a lesson in there for mankind isn't there. Don't kill all the pathogens! We need them to keep our immune systems healthy.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It is highly likely there are millions of civilizations far more advanced than ours (not particularly difficult!) out there. When you consider the immense size of the universe and the hundreds of billions of solar systems within it, to even entertain the thought that we are "IT", is an exercise in hubris, arrogance and misguided self importance.

My assumption is that we are one of the least evolved civilizations out there. 

Just look at the leadership both here, and in the US, for proof of this theory. 

So you believe in God, or some other Creator.

Because, never mind the number of planets, the odds of having the same multiple random events leading to us, repeated multiple times all over the universe are less than slim.

I think that it is exactly the opposite, and that the universe is infinitely vast, because the odds of randomly giving birth to conscious life are infinitely small.

6 hours ago, Brunolem said:

So you believe in God, or some other Creator.

Because, never mind the number of planets, the odds of having the same multiple random events leading to us, repeated multiple times all over the universe are less than slim.

I think that it is exactly the opposite, and that the universe is infinitely vast, because the odds of randomly giving birth to conscious life are infinitely small.

My heart goes out to you. 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:10 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Alien ( intelligent )  life forms on other planets will need liquid water to exist .

Not according to the natives of Neptune whose biology is based on liquid methane, and claim that nothing could survive on Earth because it's too hot for methane to exist as a liquid.

It's quite possible that life exists that's based on silicone and methane instead of carbon and water.

But, back to the OP...  Sounds like someone's looking for a few billion $$$ in funding.  Seems like there's always the cusp of a discovery when the money comes up for grabs.