Change of address, online?

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

TM27 or TM28

For sure he doesn't have to submit a TM28: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1149328-tm28-thai-immigration-scraps-requirement-for-foreigners-to-report-when-they-stay-away-from-home-for-24-hours/

And assuming that he initially stayed at the place as indicated on his arrival card, and that he now voluntarily moves, he also doesn't have to submit a TM27.

15 minutes ago, youngster30uk said:

Sily question, but how dodgy is it is I just do 90 day online reporting without notifying my change of address? Immigration is almost 150kms away

You (or your landlord, but most likely you), would probably be fined for the missing TM30 the next time you show up there for an extension or something else. Considering that it can be done online or by mail i don't see a reason why you wouldn't do it.

Edited by jackdd

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

For sure he doesn't have to submit a TM28: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1149328-tm28-thai-immigration-scraps-requirement-for-foreigners-to-report-when-they-stay-away-from-home-for-24-hours/

And assuming that he initially state at the place as indicated on his arrival card, and that he now voluntarily moves, he also doesn't have to submit a TM27.

You (or your landlord, but most likely you), would probably be fined for the missing TM30 the next time you show up there for an extension or something else. Considering that it can be done online or by mail i don't see a reason why you wouldn't do it.

I asked that question based on Ubonjoes reply that it cant be done online.

Your posts says that TM28 is scrapped,  but change of address via TM27 still needs to be done/ it also says TM30 is for Thai property owners to report foreigners staying in their properties

@Ubonjoe, is this correct?

9 hours ago, jackdd said:

And assuming that he initially stayed at the place as indicated on his arrival card, and that he now voluntarily moves, he also doesn't have to submit a TM27.

I am fully aware of that but the order stated the TM27 form is needed if you change your registered address that immigration has. He does have one since he has been doing 90 day reports at the office where he is located now.

I mentioned the TM28 for since many office will not have one and immigration has not posted download for one.

Doing a TM30 form in person should be enough to change his address but the office could want one of the 2 change of address forms.

11 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

I recently moved province, and havent done a change of address yet. My 90 day reporting is almost due which I have always previously done online without any issue.

Is it possible lto do the change of address online or will I have to go to immigration office? ( I cant find it online anywhere)

I have always done my 90 day report online using my previous address if I have since moved province and was intending to go back to that address later.

10 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

Sily question, but how dodgy is it is I just do 90 day online reporting without notifying my change of address? Immigration is almost 150kms away

Not dodgy at all. Even if they found out, they probably wouldn't do anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

I asked that question based on Ubonjoes reply that it cant be done online.

Your posts says that TM28 is scrapped,  but change of address via TM27 still needs to be done/ it also says TM30 is for Thai property owners to report foreigners staying in their properties

@Ubonjoe, is this correct?

A TM30 is most likely needed at every immigration office, but depending on location, they might ask for a TM27 or TM28. Several offices just wants the TM30 to be submitted. The way the TM30 is supposed to be reported also differs between offices. Officially  the Owner/Landlord/Possessor has to submit the report. It means that even a tenant can self report himself as the possessor. But again, it depends on the office. 

23 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

Perhaps you can do that and you better do it only once. I don't recommend repeating and if they find out they definitely will fine you. Be prepared to answer this question whenever you go to immigration: when did you move ?

Edited by The Theory

Went and did it properly today, I dont need any repercussions or headaches later don the line. Glad I did do it, it was ridiculously quick

I was living in phuket, where immigration is always busy. Now living (100kms or so from) Phitsanulok. Got there just before mid-day. I was the only person there. Gave her the Tm30 from the owner (family member), my 90 day and TM28 downloaded from Phitsanulok immi website, and in and out in ten minutes. Found some other reasons to go to phitsanulok today anyway

Coming from phuket, where the main immigration office is busy (90 day reports have drive through to be fair, but other stuff is always busy) to a place where I was the only person there was nice. (not many farang in phitsanulok )