Thailand: All visitors will need insurance

webfact

After all, what is this  article about?
Did everyone carefully read the full original text Thaivisa quoted?

article.https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/09/thailand-all-visitors-wirrelevantill-need-insurance/

"They must also have an appropriate visa that fits the approved category of travel. Tourist visas for leisure travel are not being issued."

Tourist visas for leisure travel are not being issued.

It clearly states they won't issue any tourist visas for fun travelers(visitors).

Then what is this coverage for?

Looks like the editor of Thaivisa.com  simply jumped onto its headline.

Not knowing this is totally irrelevant.  In the first place, the whole original text they referred to,

is completely meaningless. 

Listing requirements for the new Visitors.

But they won't really let the Visitors in.

Perfect example of the senseless message where the headline belies its contents.

Based upon the stupid message that does not make any sense at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sh#t. So that means all of us here cannot visit our home countries again? We'll never be able to get back into Thailand again and will have to purchase some useless additional insurance policy (I am covered by my wife's government social security medical insurance, plus have private insurance (but not on any current lists for visa purposes).

• Like 2

ALL the restaurant’s, bars, convenience stores, everything is gone , the furniture is gone, tape on the windows in my beach town.

It’s bad business to invest in anything here. 
no one is here, and if they come, they will have nowhere to go, after quarantine.

The world is changing. If you want to survive, change with it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is a MUST then if you come to Thailand to have THAI insurance? Article doesnt tell.

Article also says : They must also have an appropriate visa that fits the approved travel categories. For the time being, tourist visas for leisure travel are not being issued.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

ALL the restaurant’s, bars, convenience stores, everything is gone , the furniture is gone, tape on the windows in my beach town.

no one is here, and if they come, they will have nowhere to go, after quarantine.

By December it will be the same everywhere all over the country that relies on tourism.

I am really worried and do not know whether it will be possible to go back one day to Thaïland under normal conditions.

Let's hope the students will change things on september 19th demonstrations

Thailand people deserves democracy and not stupid army rule. This is more important than my own will to go back there.

Edited by daejung
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, stereolab said:

Good luck trying to prove you have coverage while standing at the Immigration arrivals hall at Swampy. You will need 3 copies of the policy, 3 of your passport and your Fit to Fly forms, dealing with an non English speaking official.

The insurance is  checked by the Embassy whete you apply for a COE before it is issued. Not at Omm countet on artival.

The whole reason for these COEs is to ensure people meet all the requirements in advance of departure.

I have a retirement extension good through the middle of May, 2021 and a Certificate of Re-entry good until the same. Are those now functionally null and just pretty decorations in my passport? If I'm outside Thailand trying to get back in, am I starting at zero? Seems so. 

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

I agree with your sentiment, but how is your post relevant to an Insurance thread..

Edited by couchpotato
  • Haha 1

Assets Insurance Co Ltd (Thailand); Chubb Insurance Company Limited ( Thailand ); Navakij Insurance Co Ltd;  Pacific Cross Health Insurance, Thailand )  Falcon Insurance Co Ltd (Thailand ) East Insurance, Asia Insurance 1950; Bangkok Life Assurance Ltd; Thailand Life Insurance and Thailand Life Insurance.

I bought a Covid-19 insurance from Dhipaya Insurance in March 20 , does it mean that government won't accept it because it's not on the list?

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I have a retirement extension good through the middle of May, 2021 and a Certificate of Re-entry good until the same. Are those now functionally null and just pretty decorations in my passport? If I'm outside Thailand trying to get back in, am I starting at zero? Seems so. 

Same for me, till beginning of april 2021.

I am afraid my extension will be lost if I may not re-enter before mid march.
I doubt thai authorities will do something for those whose extension expires before they are allowed to come back ! ???? Woud be fair but I do not expect it !

Why on Earth should i pay for one more travel insurance? I already pay for one that covers a the year around with the limitation of 2 months holiday per time, but it's no problem for staying longer. I just have to pay a fee for additional month.....I would  never ever leave Denmark without a health insurance, that would pay for everything in worst case senario....and never help anybody financially who choose to travel without insurance....

They are (this government) really thinking that farang are rich and stupid.

But, they don't.

We can get the same insurance with much better cover and from our origin home for 45 € by month (cover 200 000 € and much more think than there own Thai insurance we will not be sure to get something back if problem as we can maybe have big problem to just speak with them the way they want/can understand).

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

'All visitors will need insurance'

so any arrival will need to show insurance that covers COVID.

If you already have insurance that includes COVID cover you should be fine. 

any arrival without cover will have to purchase a policy from one of the Thai consortium.  imo

I think the issue is, how do the guys at the border, or the people who let you on the plane, or grant you your COE at the embassy know if all these potential policies that people might get comply with the requirements? If they come from this consortium, they will know they comply.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

part of the reason Thailand runs their quarantine so strictly is due to the plethora of news reports concerning westerners spreading the virus after violating their stay at home orders, folks just can't be trusted to do the right thing..

I can't really blame them, not everyone can be trusted to obey the rules, all it takes with this is for a few to ignore them and there's always a few rule breakers no matter what you do.

Edited by ukrules

2 hours ago, garyk said:

I am curious, how much does it cost to spend 14 days in quarantine in Thailand?

For the current cheapest Phuket hotel its 100,000 baht, but some cheaper hotels have applied to be Phuket ASQ hotels. Maybe 50,000 baht for a month in Phuket by October.

The cheapest non-Phuket hotel is 28,000 baht.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, garyk said:

Hope you expats have some DEEP pockets, you are going to need it in a very few years to live in Thailand.

Without any tourism revenues, the Thai baht will be much weaker. Expats may be feeling much wealthier in 6-12 months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, garyk said:

I was looking at a couple of forcasts US dollar and GB pound. Next four years is downward trend on the forecasts.

If they tighten up the insurance rules and what ever else may come into play. 

Was thinking it might get quite a bit more expensive to retire there.

i personally left about 18 months ago after 10 years there. 

I was moving around allot in Thailand and when they started enforcing the rules it made my life miserable. Got tired of the nonsense I had to put up with.

I suspect the Baht will take a massive tumble but that's just a hunch. They need it too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I suspect the Baht will take a massive tumble but that's just a hunch. They need it too.

If it does I may put Thailand back on my list. Lots of fond memories. And a lot of good friends there.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hioctane said:

The complainers are the ones that don’t want pay $50 for 30 days insurance or be stuck in quarantine for 2 weeks.

i am glad all the figures i keep checking for Insurance are incorrect ? could you pass on the link to this Insurance company,

And the last quarantine costs i have read were 75,000 bht to 200,000 bht for 15 days.

yesterday i was quoted £680 deductible = £800 per month = £9600 per year from a German company

for a 70 year old, but this covers Covid. if this gets to be the new rules my days are numbered here.  

5 hours ago, mbenson said:

I think the issue is, how do the guys at the border, or the people who let you on the plane, or grant you your COE at the embassy know if all these potential policies that people might get comply with the requirements? If they come from this consortium, they will know they comply.

well I would think that if you show an insurance policy that says ' Covered for COVID19 virus is included '  and you have all the other docs then you may board the plane, cross the border, get through immigration or whatever.  If you have ALL the required docs ..... and the insurance, then fine.