VIDEO: Quite possibly the worst bit of driving you will ever see

webfact

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Today, i was making a right turn into a favorite coffee shop of mine. Somchai in his small car had been about 200 metres behind me for a few kilometres. Next thing, he's nearly up my clacker and had to swerve violently to avoid a collision. Either texting or half asleep. I think he only missed me because I could see him coming in my rear view mirror ( You know, the things Thais only use to apply lipstick ) and turned my flashers on to supplement the right turn signal.

Beyond question, Thai drivers are on the Olympic podium as the world's worst drivers.

Not far off the mark. I've driven in Syria and I'd be hard pushed to say which one is worse.

PS.

Mirrors have 'two' uses, one as you stated but you forgot squeezing zits.

Edited by overherebc

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Today, i was making a right turn into a favorite coffee shop of mine. Somchai in his small car had been about 200 metres behind me for a few kilometres. Next thing, he's nearly up my clacker and had to swerve violently to avoid a collision. Either texting or half asleep. I think he only missed me because I could see him coming in my rear view mirror ( You know, the things Thais only use to apply lipstick ) and turned my flashers on to supplement the right turn signal.

Beyond question, Thai drivers are on the Olympic podium as the world's worst drivers.

So you were turning right and another car didn't hit yours or cause you to do anything different from your original plan, then.  Interesting.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Not the worst driving by far,very common for  them to  "push in" at  U-turns and Lights  because they think they are so important not to have to wait in line or occasionally think the 2 lanes are for turning  then find its only a straight on lane and get honked at to move  like we see in this video...also (as mentioned in the video) they have Bangkok number plates  so possibly  on unfamiliar roads but still bad driving.

It seems pretty obvious the the driver of the black car really didn’t know where they were going and didn’t know the area. 

The were caught out in the wrong lane wanting to turn right. Other vehicles approaching were repeatedly honking at them to get out of the way. 

After the initial mistake of being in the wrong lane their options were to continue straight on and do a U-Turn, or squeeze on front of the traffic at the right hand turn lane. 

All this decision making caused a panic and they stupidly turning into the wrong lane (wrong side of the divider). 

Ultimately the person behind the wheel was probably someone who panics quite readily in traffic and is perhaps not used to driving and completely untrained (par for the course). 

The response of the girls in the car was quite humorous !

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thailand and Laos are the only countries where I have had to sound the horn to warn the guy behind me that I am going to stop!

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i bet there are many thais who dont see anything wrong about this "driving"

That is one of the main problems. They simply can't see / want to see their mistakes. 

If you do point out their mistakes to them, then you "thing too mutch". 

Edited by djayz

Just now, colinneil said:

Thais do as well, video in another thread today showing a Thai driving the wrong way.

Yes it difficult. 

I drive in Laos before. Ok when go straight. No problem. 

But when turn the intersection is tricky/confusion. I do the same in OP. Go the wrong lane. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Thais do as well, video in another thread today showing a Thai driving the wrong way.

Also i am paraplegic due to a Thai driving the wrong way.

I think Yinn was just throwing out a line in the water to see how many bites he/she would get, Colin.

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes it difficult. 

I drive in Laos before. Ok when go straight. No problem. 

But when turn the intersection is tricky/confusion. I do the same in OP. Go the wrong lane. 

I've never had any problems driving on either side. That's because I always plan going through an intersection in my head before steering. Or driving straight. Or driving in general. 

PPPPPP.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

As much as i agree that Thai drivers are bad they're not the worst.

Try going to Middle east or Africa!