More Money for Poor People

snoop1130

More Money for Poor People

jkyui.PNG

BANGKOK, Sept 16 (TNA) –The government’s Center for Economic Situation Administration resolved to increase financial aid for holders of government welfare cards by 500 baht per month for three months until December and also start its cash handout project.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said after the center’s meeting that it agreed in principle to support local economy and infrastructure-related operators and maintain government investment which was an important matter in many other countries.

The center also worked out measures to promote investment in the Eastern Economic Corridor, he said while denying any reports that foreign investors were reluctant to invest in Thailand.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-539720

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-16

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I am very much hoping that one day someone else will seize power, kick this guy out and strip him of his ill gotten gains and see how he does indeed get by on such a miserable pittance.

Impossible , will never happen ..

Military Tanks , rule democracy ...

As , Chinese tanks displayed, their power, on the lone protestor , on the square .

RIP ,  Hero .., 

Edited by elliss

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Can you please spell his name correctly.

What is the difference between Thaksin and Prayuth?

Thaksin won a fairly free election, not just once but twice at elections, and life was a lot better under his government.

Prayuth held a coup but was never elected by the public vote and only won because the EC changed the election rules AFTER the so called general election.

Thaksin may have stolen or perhaps mis-directed it.

Prayuth OTOH simply stole the country and gave himself and many others a blanket amnesty for all past, present and future acts.

My bad, clearly without the H you did not know who I was talking about.

Thanks for the history lesson though, now go back and read my reply in context of the message I qouted.

Edited by Don Mega

23 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

My bad, clearly without the H you did not know who I was talking about.

Thanks for the history lesson though, now go back and read my reply in context of the message I qouted.

I guess billd776 is not the only one who was confused by your post - could you explain the context of the, "Taksin seems to be still doing ok !!" comment?

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, djayz said:

Where is all of this money coming from? How do they collect taxes here? Do all of these mom and pop shop owners, street vendors, "ladies of the night", etc. pay taxes? 

The taxes come from spending of foreigners and middle-well off Thais. Taxes on cars, wine, designer brands or anything foreign. The only tax the poorer pay is on their sugary items and Thai brewed beer.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Actually the 600 baht haven't been paid yet this month... it seems that the coffers are empty... 

So, if they can't pay the regular 600 baht, how are they going to pay the extra 500 baht? 

Same as the pension promise.... "Soon" 

7 hours ago, alien365 said:

The taxes come from spending of foreigners and middle-well off Thais. Taxes on cars, wine, designer brands or anything foreign. The only tax the poorer pay is on their sugary items and Thai brewed beer.

Ha, what about VAT then? the poor pay that too you know...

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, steven100 said:

Excellent words from the honorable Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. As I have previously stated, his obvious concern is getting Thailand's economy back up and running. Many farangs disagree with Khun Prayut and his government but that just goes to show their ignorance about Thai politics and it's history.

1823519565_KhunPrayut5.PNG.fa503199b5eb1d4cd45666d9e54f1d81.PNG 

good lord you are going to catch some nasty bugs from all that boot licking. 

• Like 2