PM urges protesters to hold off rallies until Covid-19 crisis has ended

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

The  English word mob has been taken up by Thai language to mean any group of protesters. It doesn't have the anarchic connotations of the English meaning. In Thai you can have a mob of doctors, teachers, whatever 

I can speak Thai rather well, but thank you for explaining. I tend to still see it that they see it the more harsh way. The protestors are not hippies giving out flowers, but is an anti movement against the regime. One thing is for sure, tomorrow is going to be interesting.

17 minutes ago, black tabby said:

10 million of the inbound tourism industry jobless urges PM to resume living allowance(April-July) payout to stay alive.

Otherwise they would join the anti government protest from anger.

Supposedly 2 separate issues, now getting increasingly closer and closer.

タイの無料求職所に並ぶ困窮者たちの写真.jpg

コロナウイルス禍で開店休業状態のタイのホテル写真.jpg

Bangkok rally photo.png

This is how revolutions happen. Students light the fire and others join.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/16213/video-story-what-students-can-learn-from-aseans-history-of-protest/

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Longchop said:

i saw the estimated 20,000 attendance double to estimated 40,000 a couple of days ago, maybe doubled again ? starting to get a bit worried perhaps 

Here's the 500 kilo gorilla in the room named Noul that no one has anticipated as it comes crashing toward the scheduled demonstrations.

1320297623_Screenshotfrom2020-09-1815-05-20.png.15a5950f033b0224126e048faf764613.png

"Send up the cloud seeders!!! Quick!!!"

Image1.jpeg.9b73e348fb9bce7d91a0e68763631550.jpeg

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

If Prayuth had read the weather forecast, he would say go ahead and demonstrate all you want this weekend......

My thoughts exactly.

<cue my best Johnny Cash impression>
"Hi!!!  My name is Noul.  How do you do?  Now you're gonna get wet."

1235304044_Screenshotfrom2020-09-1815-05-20.png.296bd761f90e5f5109be61e5f85f54f2.png

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Who?Oh the guy who won 6 million votes and then was made a criminal and banned from politics for 10 years and his party banned for winning too many votes.He is awaiting the outcome of legal proceedings to see how long he will be jailed for, but that might take a while because they can't afford to throw him in jail just yet.

Throwing him in jail would be a bad move he had 6 million voters which to my knowledge he won fair and square if 50% of them decide to back the students there will be hell on

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, connda said:

My thoughts exactly.

<cue my best Johnny Cash impression>
"Hi!!!  My name is Noul.  How do you do?  Now you're gonna get wet."

1235304044_Screenshotfrom2020-09-1815-05-20.png.296bd761f90e5f5109be61e5f85f54f2.png

Ventusky, 1PM tomorrow:

Capture.thumb.JPG.9e030e8dccd9d21dddc9efdddcd92d24.JPG

The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster has given his blessing to BKK protests.

• Haha 1

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/protest-leader-insists-on-raising-sensitive-issues-during-this-weekends-rally/

Reform of the Thai Monarchy, part of the ten-point manifesto, published for the first time at a rally on August 10th, will definitely be raised at this weekend’s rally at Thammasat University’s Tha Prachan campus, said Ms. Panasaya Sitthichirawattanakul, one of the leaders of the Thammasat Alliance group.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/protesters-prepare-for-communication-hiccups/

Ten of thousands people from across the country are expected to join the anti-government protest this weekend. To avoid communication hiccups during the demonstration in case the mobile signal network is down, protesters start to circle around encouraging others to download Bridgefy or Briar for back-up plan.

As others have pointed out he is pretty prdictable.

Next will be himself or the good Doctor stating there are cases amongst the students. (How as that posible)

Thus turning the general public against them by creating more fear.

He has no other way other than force.  

Maybe Ive missed it, but where is the news thread item covering the important protests in Bangkok today?or are yet more ministerial nonsense announcements considered more suitable to force feed the readership and not risk a support forming to oust the corrupt, thieving, morally bankrupt muppets in uniform

Other sites have pictures and coverage of the protests i could provide the link but im sure the post would quickly vanish in the tvisa Bermuda triangle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sapson said:

Other sites have pictures and coverage of the protests

There are some interesting photo's around, not only of a grassfield full of people but also a screenshot from Nation TV that says in Thai '19 sept stay home.. when Thai.  Go outside... if you are a slave/serve . Die... if you are wrong' at 19.48 . Sadly no further context.  But for some proper coverage you are left mostly with social media and Thai PBS.

42 minutes ago, sapson said:

Maybe Ive missed it, but where is the news thread item covering the important protests in Bangkok today?or are yet more ministerial nonsense announcements considered more suitable to force feed the readership and not risk a support forming to oust the corrupt, thieving, morally bankrupt muppets in uniform

Other sites have pictures and coverage of the protests i could provide the link but im sure the post would quickly vanish in the tvisa Bermuda triangle.

How many posts do we need about hiding in our houses because of the terrible storm on the way or repetitive visa postings when this is what matters now. 

So much interest in complaining what Thailand is like and so little interest when people are trying to change it.