Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Medical experts see Covid-19 risk for Thailand from foreigners

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Suua said:

I guess I need to spell it out......it's the image they wanted to portray to the world, so when the time comes....Thailand is a safe place to visit.

Fools might suckered into it......not me. 

Ok, it still doesn't fit the statement "do anything to protect the tourist income".

I remember in January lots of people on thaivisa was complaining that thailand didn't Close the borders, that thailand was risking the spread of covid-19 to protect the tourist revenue.. and then ofcourse when they did close the borders people complained about that too which is ofcourse par for the course on thaivisa.

Anyway, I think this is the best plan to protect tourist income:

1. Don't allow tourists to visit.

2. Profit.

It's a simple and bulletproof plan and really really protects tourist revenue. It doesn't make the tourist industry crippled or completely collapsed at all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

NO ! They haven’t !

... they have positive rtPCR results:

- that means, they found tiny RNA segments, which not necessarily mean, there is an infection

- for an infection, the virus has to multiply- rtPCR also detects dead virus material

- all producers of those PCR kits are stating something like the CDC is summarizing: “Detection of viral RNA may not indicate the presence of infectious virus or that 2019-nCoV is the causative agent for clinical symptoms.”

- for an infection case, there has to be a medical diagnosis, confirming, the symptoms are from Covid-19

Additionally, the number of rtPCR tests has increased tenfold since March, eg. Germany :

- 1,200,000 tests last week

- less than 1% of those were positive

- 98.6% specifity of a rtPCR test results in huge number of “false positives”

- with such a low infection rate, the resulting FPV deteriorates further ...

EC3150A3-0E15-4F42-844B-F70A2F17D04C.jpeg.0b8489f5cfc83a07461f69622e018128.jpeg

This also seems to be confirmed by the non-existing rise in deaths. Some that are classified "asymptomatic" might well have had the infection months ago, PCR picks up remnants of the virus.

BTW if the vaccine comes and it contains the part the test reagents react to, every vaccinated person will test positive for at least a while.

33 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

This also seems to be confirmed by the non-existing rise in deaths. Some that are classified "asymptomatic" might well have had the infection months ago, PCR picks up remnants of the virus.

BTW if the vaccine comes and it contains the part the test reagents react to, every vaccinated person will test positive for at least a while.

I would only trust statistics that are in accordance with WHO standards. 

For a good reason :

I am German and got severe bronchitis in ice-cold Germany in January 2013 while waiting for my train from Frankfurt Airport. Then some silly Catholic German doctor misdiagnosed my bronchitis with Japanese Encephalitis and forced me into quarantine for that. But the idiot German doctor obviously never looked into his ICD book nor did he care for WHO standards where it is clearly stated that Japanese Encephalitis can only be transmitted by tropical mosquitoes and does not even need to be reported. 

So I better trust WHO standards than silly rumours. 

Yes, it's true that you might get mild symptoms from vaccinations during the incubation period. But you get a stamp in your WHO vaccination passport to prove that it's from a vaccination. So, with that stamp you should be on the safe side (whatever some conspiracy theorists might tell you) 

47 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

In an interview with The Economist, Bill Gates said he figures it won't be till the end of 2021 before the the virus is "gone"........ another year of this and the world will be an even darker place.

Not the world. The West will be a darker place, while the Asia will be brighter. 

And that's probably the white man's last burden: to see it happen. 

Only one in 10 to be protected from coronavirus in first year of vaccine being made available, experts claim

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-vaccine-one-in-10-protected-a4551506.html

Just one in 10 of the world's 7.8 billion population is likely to be protected against coronavirus in the first year of a vaccine being made available, it has been reported.

Experts told Sky News that with seven of the nine prototype vaccines in late-stage clinical trials requiring two doses, there is likely to be enough doses to immunise just over 12 per cent of the global population.

Ministers and experts working on vaccine trials have said a treatment could be given approval by Christmas.

15 hours ago, jizazkn said:

LOL - medical "experts" = gov't lackeys?

If you dont mind .

We , collectively , would prefer to be referred to as , Expert Expats .

However that said , there are exceptions ...

Edited by elliss

46 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Only one in 10 to be protected from coronavirus in first year of vaccine being made available, experts claim

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-vaccine-one-in-10-protected-a4551506.html

Just one in 10 of the world's 7.8 billion population is likely to be protected against coronavirus in the first year of a vaccine being made available, it has been reported.

Experts told Sky News that with seven of the nine prototype vaccines in late-stage clinical trials requiring two doses, there is likely to be enough doses to immunise just over 12 per cent of the global population.

Ministers and experts working on vaccine trials have said a treatment could be given approval by Christmas.

What is the criteria , for being allowed , the vaccine ?. 

Over sixty , RIP ..

1 hour ago, HaleySabai said:

In an interview with The Economist, Bill Gates said he figures it won't be till the end of 2021 before the the virus is "gone"........ another year of this and the world will be an even darker place.

Lets , just call it , 

Natures , Natural reaction to overpopulation ..

WHO ,   and Bill Gates , may quote me , given time ..555

Edited by elliss

"Allowing foreigners entry is risky for Thailand and it might be better to follow the sufficiency economy philosophy to lower dependence on foreigners until the virus situation can be contained globally,” said Dr Thira."

Funny how it has switched from "farang, who needs them: to "we need to reduce our dependence on them"

On 9/19/2020 at 4:07 AM, sandyf said:

Take it you would have preferred Thailand followed the UK model, similar population, now looking at a new national lockdown to try and minimise the total projected covid related deaths of 69.5K by Jan 1st.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom?view=total-deaths&tab=trend

Remind me, how many covid related deaths in Thailand?

Does anyone "Honestly" know the number of C19 deaths in Thailand. Do you really think C19 is not in the general population. Are folk who have died been tested? (As in the UK - are death certs been written to show C19, if in doubt as in the US) Is there general testing in Thailand? If Thailand are not doing this, then why are you trying to compare, it's less then worthless.

The UK will be wrong to go back into Lockdown - the virus is here and in many respects is no worse than the Flu so we just have to manage it and get on with life. Hundreds of 000's die annually throughout the globe from the simple flu, there is no widescale lockdown (panic) for this. Sure the effects on those with underlying conditions can be severe, (as is the case for the Flu) in which case these folk should/could be shielded, but not the entire population and economies ruined.

How many folk have died because their operations have been cancelled, how many have worsening health because the medical treatment was not avail, or they were so scared to seek medical help, how many will die prematurely because of this. Probably just as many as this other Flu like virus: C19. Of course this number will not be know, but hey, we saved many folk from getting antibodies to fight this virus, and they had to endure the disabling effects of a sore throat, runny nose. Was it worth it?

23 hours ago, micmichd said:

I would only trust statistics that are in accordance with WHO standards. 

For a good reason :

I am German and got severe bronchitis in ice-cold Germany in January 2013 while waiting for my train from Frankfurt Airport. Then some silly Catholic German doctor misdiagnosed my bronchitis with Japanese Encephalitis and forced me into quarantine for that. But the idiot German doctor obviously never looked into his ICD book nor did he care for WHO standards where it is clearly stated that Japanese Encephalitis can only be transmitted by tropical mosquitoes and does not even need to be reported. 

So I better trust WHO standards than silly rumours. 

Yes, it's true that you might get mild symptoms from vaccinations during the incubation period. But you get a stamp in your WHO vaccination passport to prove that it's from a vaccination. So, with that stamp you should be on the safe side (whatever some conspiracy theorists might tell you) 

I'm neither German nor religious - So would be grateful if you could explain the need to say what religion the Dr was in your above account. Many thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveCW said:

I'm neither German nor religious - So would be grateful if you could explain the need to say what religion the Dr was in your above account. Many thanks.

Because the doctor was Christian, and that obviously biased his perception. 

4 minutes ago, DaveCW said:

Subtle bigotry perhaps?

It's always concerning when a large proportion of population is singled out in order to point out potential fault's, says a lot actually most of it negative...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Subtle bigotry perhaps?

It's always concerning when a large proportion of population is singled out in order to point out potential fault's, says a lot actually most of it negative...

I have no idea what religion my Dr is or most of the folk I come into contact with. I have no interest in their beliefs as long as they treat me the way I would wish to be treated. If they are a professional, then they adhere to the standard I would expect. Religion does not come close to anything that would lead me into questioning their abilities. Also, how would you know what religion your Dr was? How does that come into the conversation? If its such an issue (which it clearly seems to be) then why not avoid and go else where, I'm sure the good Dr would not be overly distressed.

As for bigotry and injustice, I would have thought 2 millennia of history shows that there is no place for that, and at the end, eventually folk just rise up. I wonder if being a bigot is simply a way of trying to defect ones own lack of positive qualities, indeed, lacking in general. Just a thought.

34 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Because the doctor was Christian, and that obviously biased his perception. 

Sorry, Im still at a loss to understand - Can folk tell what religion another is simply by looking at them. What if they don't prescribe to any religion are tell tails for that to?  I think, I must have lived a very, very sheltered life.  And in this respect, thankful for it.

28 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Subtle bigotry perhaps?

As subtle as "the real Germans" when they picked group after group for concentration camps and eventually killed millions of Jews in gas chambers? 

Is it that what you mean? 

Or as subtle as "the real Germans" that permanently bash Thai ladies? 

Or as subtle as "" the real Germans" that permanently bash me as a pedophile because I emigrated to Thailand? 

Or what else do you mean? 

9 minutes ago, DaveCW said:

I have no idea what religion my Dr is or most of the folk I come into contact with. I have no interest in their beliefs as long as they treat me the way I would wish to be treated. If they are a professional, then they adhere to the standard I would expect. Religion does not come close to anything that would lead me into questioning their abilities. Also, how would you know what religion your Dr was? How does that come into the conversation? If its such an issue (which it clearly seems to be) then why not avoid and go else where, I'm sure the good Dr would not be overly distressed.

As for bigotry and injustice, I would have thought 2 millennia of history shows that there is no place for that, and at the end, eventually folk just rise up. I wonder if being a bigot is simply a way of trying to defect ones own lack of positive qualities, indeed, lacking in general. Just a thought.

I know what religion this doctor was because he worked in a fundamentalistic Catholic hospital with only nuns around. And wanted to force me in a mental hospital because I told him I have a Thai girl friend. 

Guess the bad incompetent German Doktor is glad that I'm gone now, and I don't want to see him again. 

But he denied the Golden Rule for me, and so I deny it to him. 

Edited by micmichd

7 minutes ago, micmichd said:

As subtle as "the real Germans" when they picked group after group for concentration camps and eventually killed millions of Jews in gas chambers? 

Is it that what you mean? 

Or as subtle as "the real Germans" that permanently bash Thai ladies? 

Or as subtle as "" the real Germans" that permanently bash me as a pedophile because I emigrated to Thailand? 

Or what else do you mean? 

Sounds like you've got snags mate maybe time to see another Dr from a religion you've no preconceptions about or maybe just accept religion has <deleted> all to do with medical professionalism for most people...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Sounds like you've got snags mate maybe time to see another Dr from a religion you've no preconceptions about or maybe just accept religion has <deleted> all to do with medical professionalism for most people...

Exactly. I go to Thai doctors. They're mostly Buddhists like my Thai lady. 

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

I know what religion this doctor was because he worked in a fundamentalistic Catholic hospital with only nuns around. And wanted to force me in a mental hospital because I told him I have a Thai girl friend. 

Guess the bad incompetent German Doktor is glad that I'm gone now, and I don't want to see him again. 

But he denied the Golden Rule for me, and so I deny it to him. 

"And wanted to force me in a mental hospital because I told him I have a Thai girl friend"

I guess he could be right, you'd have to be slightly mad to have a TGF.... ???? I count myself in that to, although if this was his only reason then his remedy seems a little severe - Then again, who knows, perhaps he had a bad experience with a Thai lady - I believe it does happen..... ???? ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mark131v said:

Subtle bigotry perhaps?

How should I know? 

I refused even to talk to this self-appointed psycho clown.

And I don't give a damn about the experiences of a large part of the German population. They hate me for being an intellectual elitist anyway. 

Edited by micmichd

17 hours ago, DaveCW said:

Does anyone "Honestly" know the number of C19 deaths in Thailand. Do you really think C19 is not in the general population. Are folk who have died been tested? (As in the UK - are death certs been written to show C19, if in doubt as in the US) Is there general testing in Thailand? If Thailand are not doing this, then why are you trying to compare, it's less then worthless.

The results from both rounds of antibody sampling program in the UK would indicate that around 7% of the population have had the virus. Considering the number of identified cases this would show that the level of asymptomatic infection in the community is a lot less than many like yourself would like to believe.

Pro rata that information in respect of Thailand and it would be a case of virtually no hidden infection in the community.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:41 AM, sandyf said:

The results from both rounds of antibody sampling program in the UK would indicate that around 7% of the population have had the virus. Considering the number of identified cases this would show that the level of asymptomatic infection in the community is a lot less than many like yourself would like to believe.

Pro rata that information in respect of Thailand and it would be a case of virtually no hidden infection in the community.

Hi Sandy - If C19 in the community is far less than "many of us think", then this just makes the idea of lockdown and the economical suicide even worse. I tried to find that report regarding the UK antibody Testing results - but could not find - Grateful for the link - Thanks

My point was also about the numbers of deaths which in reality were not as a direct result of C19 - as an example I was listening to a Radio station with a phone dial in - A lady called saying that her father who had suffered from a heart condition for many years and had had several heart attacks was admitted to hospital after his latest, he unfortunately died - but the death cert simply said Cause of Death C19 - nothing to do with his longstanding heart issues. This kind of misinformation is not helping folks.

• Like 1