Volunteer Visa

2 hours ago, carlinternational said:

Does anybody knows how much the volunteer visa used to cost before COVID? I was offered a 15 months (3+12) volunteer visa for 65000 (30000+35000). I wonder if they are charging much more now given the circumstances

Depends on the location of the agents. Chiang Mai and Pattaya agents seemed to be cheaper between 40-55k for a 15 month without and re-entry permit. Bangkok agents were around 55-65k so they commanded a bit of a premium.

2 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Depends on the location of the agents. Chiang Mai and Pattaya agents seemed to be cheaper between 40-55k for a 15 month without and re-entry permit. Bangkok agents were around 55-65k so they commanded a bit of a premium.

3 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Probably about 70,000 now.  That's a hefty bit of money.   

I understand that's right now. How much does this kind of visas used to cost before covid?

7 hours ago, carlinternational said:

I understand that's right now. How much does this kind of visas used to cost before covid?

The volunteer visa didn't exist as a means to stay longer without actually volunteering before covid as far as I know so you'd just pay the normal visa fees, show proof/a letter of invitation from the organization that you'll be volunteering with etc..

Back in Jan before any of this covid stuff was confirmed I got a quote from TVC for the 15 month for 60,000.

The prices started to go up after the 15th of Sept. So it would seem that prices only went up recently because of how late everyone is, and some agents can't even submit for the 3 month volunteer and only a yearly extension.

Also before this whole amnesty thing you would usually need 20 days on your existing visa to even apply for the 3 month non-immigrant visa, no exceptions. So amnesty does allow some additional flexibility, but if you leave an agent 4-10 days to complete something that is supposed to take 15 days min... Expect to be charged for it.

Edited by patient37

8 hours ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Probably about 70,000 now.  That's a hefty bit of money.   

That price sounds about right from what i have been hearing, I mean you do have like only 5 days until your visa expires! People are lucky its even still an option this late in the game. I expected it to not be possible a few weeks ago, which is why i pulled the trigger last month to avoid the surge.

43 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

Thai Visa Centre offered me Volunteer Visa 3 months 25k and one year 35k, that was 2 months ago. But maybe now is more expensive. 

The 1 year option is only available if you currently have a Non-Imm visa in your passport. Otherwise (like from an Exempt Stamp on Amnesty) they can only do the 15 month one.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, carlinternational said:

Does anybody knows how much the volunteer visa used to cost before COVID? I was offered a 15 months (3+12) volunteer visa for 65000 (30000+35000). I wonder if they are charging much more now given the circumstances

Does it make any difference what the price was 6 months ago? Do you think you can bargain it down by saying that was the price before? I'm pretty sure building a time machine will cost more than the asked price now

14 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

The 1 year option is only available if you currently have a Non-Imm visa in your passport. Otherwise (like from an Exempt Stamp on Amnesty) they can only do the 15 month one.

Which is a 3 month Visa plus 12 months extension.

16 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

Not so sure. Mate of mine obtained extension based on volunteering. He arrived on METV.

Obtained few weeks back 12 months for 49k. Attached is reply I obtained for someone else from agent in Pattaya.

Screenshot_20200923-083344.png