Anyone own a BMW in Thailand? How do you rate it?

bbabythai

56 minutes ago, br12stol said:

I have 2020 Volvo V60 T8 Hybrid not such a big difference from price in UK and you get 407 hp and 40km pure electric range, a top of the range Camry accord is Pushing 2 million now, with deals on etc this was 2.5 million.

IMG_20200117_151707.jpg

lovely

1 hour ago, br12stol said:

I have 2020 Volvo V60 T8 Hybrid not such a big difference from price in UK and you get 407 hp and 40km pure electric range, a top of the range Camry accord is Pushing 2 million now, with deals on etc this was 2.5 million.

IMG_20200117_151707.jpg

Very impressive specs. You probably, rightfully so, love your car, but have you found any drawbacks or disappointments so far?

Does it feel 100% "Swedish" or is there a hint of Chinese Geely?

3483689.jpg

2 hours ago, br12stol said:

IMG_20200117_151707.jpg

Wish I did.....????

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Very impressive specs. You probably, rightfully so, love your car, but have you found any drawbacks or disappointments so far?

Does it feel 100% "Swedish" or is there a hint of Chinese Geely?

3483689.jpg

I did a lot of research before buying and it’s pretty much 99.9% Chinese money and backing, very much like The Indians owning Jaguar (tata). The quality is up there with the Germans imho, mine was actually made in Sweden although they are putting them together in Malaysia now.

7 hours ago, br12stol said:

IMG_20200117_151707.jpg

2.5 ? it's super cheap !

But it still missing the important star...

Mercedes-Benz Logo PNG Transparent & SVG Vector - Freebie Supply | Mercedes  logo, Mercedes benz logo, Mercedes benz classic

Edited by scoupeo
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah I purchased a BMW late last year, did not rate it to be honest and promptly sold it... was a 2002 fitted with an SR20 engine.

17 year old cars aren't a good benchmark

3 hours ago, scoupeo said:

2.5 ? it's super cheap !

But it still missing the important star...

Mercedes-Benz Logo PNG Transparent & SVG Vector - Freebie Supply | Mercedes  logo, Mercedes benz logo, Mercedes benz classic

But it will probably never see the 'Mother Ship' ... have you viewed what gets written about the W213 on Forums !!

On 10/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, scoupeo said:

it took you quite some times to understand that BMs are just problems after problems, another reason why they are cheaper than Benz and no discount.

Benzs are clearly more reliable, but the rest is correct.

People who think that they save with the free BM maintenance are not even able to understand that they will pay it later when guarantee expires, problem hard to find with most Benz.

It seems that BM have a planned obsolescence, after free maintenance, they hit you badly.

but by the time the 5 yrs free service finishes one can upgrade the car and thus will not be hit at all

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Actual age of vehicle was not specified by the OP, only if purchased this year or last.

How did you check it was a 2019 model when you picked it up on the day? Did you de-code the chasis? Or is there some other way of finding it on the car?

when you picked up the BMW on the day is the Km on the ODO around 20? 

thanks

12 hours ago, br12stol said:

IMG_20200117_151707.jpg

I nearly bought this as well. But we would have to install the hybrid charger. At our location its too hard. 

That model has good tech. Automatic breaking if you're about to hit the car in front

On 10/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, Don Mega said:

Yeah I purchased a BMW late last year, did not rate it to be honest and promptly sold it... was a 2002 fitted with an SR20 engine.

Come on the OP was talking about a new car "How do you know when picking up a new car on the day that your getting the most recent 2020 model". You are talking about basically an 18 an year old car. Absolutely no comparison whatsoever between a new model and an eighteen year old one.

Normally we 'live and learn', so as we get older hope not to buy things, which after a very short time realise we wish we hadn't. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 9:36 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

We have similar taste in cars. Did you get the 4 doors C43?

Did you ever consider the GLC 43?

It dropped a million baht is price when they started to assemble it locally in 2018.

I was looking at the GLC43. Ended up with a Macan as it’s not that much more. Engine not as strong but it’s not slow and in most cases it doesn’t make much of a difference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1