Cheapest NON-O EXTENSION for Thai wife visa through agent ? How much did you pay ?

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That is clear enough but you have given no figures or even guesstimates of how many people are in each group.

When I worked in Thailand with Motorola and DTAC in the mid 1990s I think it was Motorola HR who dealt with it and charged it to DTAC as an operating expense.

When I came back 4 years later in 2001 as a contractor to Motorola they had to find a Thai company who were in the same business with a 4 to 1 ratio of Thais to contractors to get a work permit and the correct visa and we paid it ourselves though I think the Thai company did the work and billed each of us contractors.

Did you expect I was going to provide you with numbers? To what end? 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

the agents fee was only B1,500

Since 2000 I apply and get a " Reirement Visa " based on income (pension homeland).

Therefore I need to go to the Austrian Consulate (here in Pattaya ) with my tax proof and I get from them a Letter of Income.

Than to Immigration Jomtien with this document and copies of the usual documents ( Yellow Book & Passport )

Then the day after collect the passport with the 1 year extension.

Now at 72, I get lazy, will be happy to pay 1500, or even something more, to an agent, to do all the work.

The name of a specific agent, prepared to doing this would be welcome.

Too lazy to contact them all, myself.

42 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Since 2000 I apply and get a " Reirement Visa " based on income (pension homeland).

Therefore I need to go to the Austrian Consulate (here in Pattaya ) with my tax proof and I get from them a Letter of Income.

Than to Immigration Jomtien with this document and copies of the usual documents ( Yellow Book & Passport )

Then the day after collect the passport with the 1 year extension.

Now at 72, I get lazy, will be happy to pay 1500, or even something more, to an agent, to do all the work.

The name of a specific agent, prepared to doing this would be welcome.

Too lazy to contact them all, myself.

I never contacted the agents directly, my  office manager did. Also, all the agent did was file the paperwork prepared by our office, saving them a trip. 

I could contact my old office manager and ask her, but I'm old an lazy as well.  

1 hour ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

Most people who use visa agents do not have 400/800k in savings!

I doubt that. I imagine most people using agents are companies getting visas for there employees. 

I would agree that most of the people that pay B10K+ for the service would typically not qualify on their own. 

42 minutes ago, suhoaswhas said:

So it is not possible to know prices without contacting the agencies ?!

It is possible, you would just have to contact someone with circumstances identical to yours and aske them what they paid. You can do this for all the agents and when you're done you can compare prices. 

Why do you not want to contact them? If you qualify for a visa and all your documentation is in order it should not be too expensive. On the other hand, if you do not really meet the requirements and need an agent to help you qualify it will cost much more.

What kind of visa do you qualify for?

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, fishtank said:

All extensions cost 1,900 baht.

Why throw away money?

to avoid talking to the dixx at office ! I just fear to get angry and call them monitor lizard...

In life I try avoid any situation when I can get angry, I can be rude in 5 different languages including Thai, so better avoid problems...

7 minutes ago, fishtank said:

All extensions cost 1,900 baht.

Why throw away money?

I think the same.

I just did my first ever 12 months extension of a 90 day Single Entry Non-Immigrant Type O (based on Marriage). 

Cost was 1900 baht / collating all the paperwork quite simple. 

No need for an agents help unless someone needs to sidestep one of the requirements. 

That said, some folk use agents for things as easy as getting a Thai Driving License, so some people envisage more hassle than it actually is. 

Only ever used an agent once.

For our first marriage extension neither wife or I knew what paperwork was required or even where to go, plus finding that info was not easy.

So used an agent/helper  to assist.

The cost.... 500 Baht agents fee plus 500 for the extension.   Probably gone up since then.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think the same.

I just did my first ever 12 months extension of a 90 day Single Entry Non-Immigrant Type O (based on Marriage). 

Cost was 1900 baht / collating all the paperwork quite simple. 

No need for an agents help unless someone needs to sidestep one of the requirements. 

That said, some folk use agents for things as easy as getting a Thai Driving License, so some people envisage more hassle than it actually is. 

Much like some folks go to extreme lengths to take a bus from BKK to Pattaya instead of having a driving service greet you at the airport. Why??? What to save 800bht.

There's no denying that DIY is the cheapest with just the 1900 baht immigration fee.

However, the agent-enabled method allows between 400k and 800k baht of improved liquidity.

Some people are happy with the money being banked here and earning little or zero interest, an argument that can't be challenged since there's not a lot of interest being earned on an overseas bank account either. However, I know a few who were well enough off to follow the seasoning rules and leave 20,000 quid 'tied up' until the recent requirements requiring the amount to remain untouched for some arbitrary amount of time after extension renewal. That and the need to ensure any draw down was replaced in time for the subsequent renewal, it became to much of a hassle.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There's no denying that DIY is the cheapest with just the 1900 baht immigration fee.

However, the agent-enabled method allows between 400k and 800k baht of improved liquidity.

Some people are happy with the money being banked here and earning little or zero interest, an argument that can't be challenged since there's not a lot of interest being earned on an overseas bank account either. However, I know a few who were well enough off to follow the seasoning rules and leave 20,000 quid 'tied up' until the recent requirements requiring the amount to remain untouched for some arbitrary amount of time after extension renewal. That and the need to ensure any draw down was replaced in time for the subsequent renewal, it became to much of a hassle.

The interest I can earn here is typically better than the interest I can earn in the US. If keeping B400,000 saves B20,000 a year in visa extensions, that's like getting another 5% a year, and  a THB account also works as a hedge against currency fluctuations. Can you make more money with some other investment? Absolutely, but getting the equivalent of  ~6.5% in a government insured fixed account is pretty good. Even at B800K it' would be about ~4%.

I understand people that use agents because they don't have the dough, and I understand people that have the dough, deposit it and pay an agent a small fee to help them at immigration, but I don't understand people that have the dough, refuse to deposit it and pay an agent B20K or more a year to get their visa.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

but I don't understand people that have the dough, refuse to deposit it and pay an agent B20K or more a year to get their visa.

Some people don't like getting ripped off (that's why they got lots of dough as you put it). Even if 800kTHB dough is peanuts to them, they don't like seeing it tied up earning a pittance in a Thai bank when it could be used to much more profitable use elsewhere with profits of which more than offsets the cost of an agent.

6 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Some people don't like getting ripped off (that's why they got lots of dough as you put it). Even if 800kTHB dough is peanuts to them, they don't like seeing it tied up earning a pittance in a Thai bank when it could be used to much more profitable use elsewhere with profits of which more than offsets the cost of an agent.

No doubt to a rich guy like you, 6.5% is a pittance, but to poor guy like me that had to work and save my whole life it looks pretty good, particularly when the bank in my home county is only paying a tenth of a percent. 

1097594504_CDRates.JPG.010ac0aa20dbb2454f1841ac763071df.JPG

31 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Right now the exchange rate for USD is about 30.0 It would take $26,666 for the 800,000bht requirement. If you figure rate was 33.0 not long ago, you'd be down 80K bht in from exchange or you can pay an agent.

$2,500 is a pittance to the ultra-rich, they have their money tied up elsewhere in much more profitable investment vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

$2,500 is a pittance to the ultra-rich, they have their money tied up elsewhere in much more profitable investment vehicles.

If I was ultra rich I'd have no need for Thailand.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If I was ultra rich I'd have no need for Thailand.

And as long as you're willing to tie up your money for 10-15% a year you never will be. These guys are investing and making money so fast, if they saw $100 bill laying on the ground they'd lose money just taking the time to stop and pick it up...

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Leave out the ultra. So if you were rich then you would have no need for Thailand.

Meaning another cheap Charlie bumming out a life here.

What's with the insatiable need for some to label and pigeonhole others?

It's none of my business what other people chose to do with either the money they have or the money they don't have. Whether 1% of foreigners or 99% of foreigners use agents to enable their stay here, does it really matter to anyone else?

Getting back to the OP, it was a request for some information on agents fees. Why are members who obviously don't use an agent posting responses?

(Those that obviously detest those that use agents need not respond)

nanya.jpg.d6d0cd1ca07dddfb4ad58fe0dec24c0e.jpg

34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Getting back to the OP, it was a request for some information on agents fees. Why are members who obviously don't use an agent posting responses?

Indeed. I have track record of helping people regarding agents. Your earlier post gave no information about cost of agent for non o marriage extension or agent name. Just random commentary.

Non o marriage extensions are difficult if not impossible using agent unless all the requirements are in place. If the OP was over 50 the agent would suggest extension based on retirement and also sidestep the money in bank requirement. The OP already has a non o so the extension would be less that 14k.

He could run that past agents like Thai Visa Centre Bangkok or KeyVisa Pattaya and of course all websites for those and many others are on the net.

The OP asked about marriage extension and specific demands, none of which can be achieved with or without agent.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. I have track record of helping people regarding agents. Your earlier post gave no information about cost of agent for non o marriage extension or agent name. Just random commentary.

The OP specifically asked for information about agents in Pattaya and Bangkok. Since my experience of agents is outside of these jurisdictions, I chose not to bloat the thread. I left that for the Cheap Charlie labelers.

Regarding you record of helping those that do need agents, do you want a medal?

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Since my experience of agents is outside of these jurisdictions, I chose not to bloat the thread

If you knew anything about agents you would know that many/most obtain extensions outside of places like Bangkok and Pattaya.

Common for those agents to deal with places like KK.

Also you would know that what the OP asked for is impossible with or without agent.

Archived