Anyone is sure of the insurance needed when gg into thailand ?

It depends upon how soon you can get on a special flight into the country after applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy or official consulate.

One or 2 months or more is about normal dependent upon where you are flying from.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon how soon you can get on a special flight into the country after applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy or official consulate.

One or 2 months or more is about normal dependent upon where you are flying from.

thanks ubonjoe , i will check again .... will they reject entry due to not enough insurance for covid ? 

10 minutes ago, superatoz said:

thanks ubonjoe , i will check again .... will they reject entry due to not enough insurance for covid ? 

The $100,000 insurance covering covid-19 is one of the requirements when applying for the CoE and is not negotiable. 

13 minutes ago, superatoz said:

has anyone here bought insurance for covid prior to coming into thai? 

I have this question too. I have normal 400,000 baht insurance but am looking for the specific $100,000 insurance for CoVid

I do not claim to be 100% sure. However, from everything I have read three months insurance of any type that makes clear you have US$100,000 of coverage for Covid-19 treatment. Whether it is travel insurance or health insurance does not matter as long as you are covered. Less than three months might be accepted, but assuming you plan to stay three months or more (and cannot prove an intention to leave earlier) I would not risk a shorter coverage period.

You must be insured for your period of stay. If you are entering on a visa that allows you to be stamped in for 1 year (e.g. O-A) then you would need 1 year. If entering in a re-entry permit would need cover for the time period that your current permission to stay runs, whatever that is. If entering in a visa that gets you stamped in for 90 days (e.g. a new O visa) then would need 90 days.

Good chance you will not be stamped in for longer than the period of your insurance.

16 minutes ago, cerox said:

From those who have already travelled to Thailand:

Can I use my existing health insurance or do I need to purchase Thai insurance which would be very expensive because of many cases in my home country?

i agree with u they are very expensive ....  

2 minutes ago, superatoz said:

i agree with u they are very expensive ....  

I do not need them as I already have insurance.

Thats why I am asking whether they accept my international health insurance plan or "cannot - need this etc.".