Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Unthinkable a year ago! Video shows how COVID-19 has turned Walking Street in to a ghost town

webfact

4 hours ago, elliss said:

Absolutely Correet .

The World's largest brothel , has had its day ..

Hopefully , the stigma of prostitution ,  in the Kingdom ,is finished ...

I was in Pattaya at Christmas Yes there were girls on the street advertising clubs but there was no overt prostitution. Go to Soy 6 if you want that kind of thing

Reminiscing of similar happening in the Philippines back in the mid 80' when the newly elected Aquino with the help of cardinal Sin has in one swoop cleaned up all the vice and night entertainment in Makati, Mabini and Del Pillar streets that until than they were heaven for men with hundreds of bars and sex outlets galore...

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, scammed said:

yeah, its shocking.

on another note, allowing cars on WS is the dumbest thing this city could have ever come up with,

i truly hope the guilty will burn in hell.

why not rename it driving street while you are at it destroying this iconic street

More than once I've enjoyed myself to a staggering jag, always booking a room at P72 so temp home was always close by. Having to dodge cars in that condition is not a welcome thought. I'm going to stay there this coming Tuesday night, I'll take video and post after. And drink a whole lot less.

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Uh, no. You are never forced to go to Pattaya, and there are plenty who enjoy this lifestyle. There are no other opportunities for these girls to earn this kind of money and many of them are the main breadwinners for their families. Maybe it's time to rethink prudish attitudes towards the sex industry as so many other countries have and legalize it altogether.

True i enjoyed WS many times in the long gone past, drove down there last night (29th) it was even deader than the video clips shows kind of sad really, but i think this is the way Uncle Cha Cha wanted it be, it seems he does'nt really like to see foreigners enjoying themselves so his wish has now come true, he must be really happy!

Edited by maxcorrigan

26 minutes ago, CLW said:

Once tourism resumes, walking street with outdoor dining and drinking is the way to go.

Examples can be found in many, also asian countries.

They got that already, outside over the sea.... very pleasant,,,, bit pricey.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RobU said:

I was in Pattaya at Christmas Yes there were girls on the street advertising clubs but there was no overt prostitution. Go to Soy 6 if you want that kind of thing

Soi 8 , better for me , older prostitutes / ladies. 18 - 25, old .. Quite acceptable  ..

Soi 6 / aka Soi sixteen ,  no thank you , i do have moral codes .?.

However , that said .  Ladies older , hard times ahead ..

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, webfact said:

Video shows how COVID-19 has turned Walking Street in to a ghost town

Covid did not turn Walking Street into a ghost town. The government did with lockdowns etc.

Same everywhere.

In 1918 to my knowledge more people died and they didn't "lockdown" whole countries.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:28 AM, scammed said:

yeah, its shocking.

on another note, allowing cars on WS is the dumbest thing this city could have ever come up with,

i truly hope the guilty will burn in hell.

why not rename it driving street while you are at it destroying this iconic street

Some people live there; I had an apartment there. A few times I had to smack the heads of the useless and drunk Tessakit there(figuratively)....though now they are Special Affairs(ridiculous) 

It's an inconvenience; not being able to get to your home without hassle.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:40 AM, sammieuk1 said:

It looks world class deserted ???? 

You want a world class desert, go to the Atacama Desert in South America.  If you visit the USA, at least Death Valley has a couple gas stations and only gets as hot as 54 degrees C. 

I do find this topic a bit stupid . Pattaya is a tourist area , and Walking Street is a hotspot . There is a rumor that Thailand closed borders a while ago and they supposed to have done that due to some pandemic ( so all tourist places around the world are in very bad shape ) . I don't know if this is true , but that's the rumor i heard somewhere .

What did you expect ? A street full of people , party like it's 1999 ... ??

• Thanks 1