Visa extensions approved under previous amnesty to be upheld until Nov 30

webfact

14 minutes ago, genericptr said:

That's correct I believe. I'm just pointing out that instead of actually going home or seeking an extension I could have literally just done nothing and still stayed until Oct 31st. Remember how they threatened multiple times to get your visa in order or fines penalties? That was just a bluff. You could have just ignored them and done nothing to get another 30 days.

It wasnt a bluff ,its just that many people all applied for extensions on the last day , so an extra 30 days was given to get all those processed  

33 minutes ago, genericptr said:

but they get amnesty until Oct 31st right? It's not this exact post but it was a previous announcement. There is a Oct 31st and Nov 30th date which apply to both groups respectively.

I did mean to say further visa extensions . 

People with valid visas can get further 60 day extensions , those without a visa cannot get a visa extension (past the October 31st deadline)

Edited by CorpusChristie

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The official announcement came 3 days after the amnesty expired. That was 3 days in limbo. 

You're right actually. The government basically swept in after they realized people weren't going home and bailed them out. I wasn't brave enough to risk what might happen if I tried that.

I talked with a Thai friend who has a Guest House.  She had a customer who stays in Kanchanaburi but renews his visa in Hua Hin.  He reaplied before the 26th Sept but was denied.  He spoke with a Thai woman who spoke French, (he is French) She contacted him with a Hua Hin Imm. officer who renewed his visa for three months noticing his visa that he had Covid  and could not leave the country, for a price of 20,000 baht.  He had been promised a 1 year stamp.  Beware of scams.  Apparently the visa officers are trying to make a fortune from the misfortune of others. BEWARE

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, genericptr said:

I read this as they're getting another free month. No late fees.  It's your own fault if you tried to get the extension so close to the end date so I'm surprised the government didn't enforce fines.

Those who extended before the Sept 26th deadline received a 30 day extension for 1,900 baht

This will be extended to Nov 30th with no extra cost.

Those who did not extend are on overstay... there is NO FREE month for those that did not extend.

• Like 1

An off topic post has been removed.

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has also been removed. From the forum rules:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And those who bought a 60-day extension get nothing at all. Or do they? Mine based on marriage ends on 25th November. Do I get an extension to the 30th too? If not, why not?

Two months to season your 400,000 and apply for a 12 month married extension is one way to look at it.

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:
19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And those who bought a 60-day extension get nothing at all. Or do they? Mine based on marriage ends on 25th November. Do I get an extension to the 30th too? If not, why not?

Two months to season your 400,000 and apply for a 12 month married extension is one way to look at it.

In progress. Against my will.

8 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

Ok men just a question and i not being smart about this. What if you got a 2 month extension instead of 30 days what does this mean then. Its great for guys who got 30 day extension but what about guys who got 60 day extension

Wait for the the full ministry announcement.  The one that will be entered into the Royal Gazette.  Should be end of this week or beginning of next week. ( @jackdd when do they normally add these things to the Royal gazette?)

My speculation based upon the news announcement is you have until Nov, 2020 (an extra 30 days only).   But let's wait.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, genericptr said:

I read this as they're getting another free month. No late fees.  It's your own fault if you tried to get the extension so close to the end date so I'm surprised the government didn't enforce fines.

More importantly though is that the article seems to suggest that 31-Oct is a hard deadline for those who did not apply for extension prior to 26-Sept.  Those who waited and were in limbo now MUST LEAVE before 31-Oct., with no path to further extend. At least that's my interpretation of it.

5 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

•  

There is a lot of vindictiveness from certain holier-than-thou expats on this forum that have come out strongly during this covid amnesty period.   Not sure where it is coming from though.  Genuine concern for Thai border security?  Jealousy from others getting "free" temporary visa for an extended period vs having to go through the rigmarole of a 1 year non-imm [category] extension??  Just grumpy with nothing else to do?   Maybe a polling topic addressing this should be made.

Some people took the time , effort and paid money to get visas and extensions , others just didnt bother and are just using the pandemic as an excuse to stay visa free 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, overherebc said:

No not really. If the offices followed the rules as they were advertised would be true but they started the 60 days from the day the visa was applied for not the 27th as they were meant to. Mine expires 21st November while tourist visas will have to the 30th.

7 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

( @jackdd when do they normally add these things to the Royal gazette?)

For the extension to 26th September it took them 8 days from the Cabinet meeting until it was published. For the extension to 31st July it took them just 3 days. So something in this range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Mr Kuntee  says it is for real. 

Its all in the name, how much do faith do you have in a fellow with a name like that?

The only thing that seems clear is the gazette will not be published today

Edited by n00dle

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The right thing to do. Well done!

Might be nice to also offer a refund in case people already made plans to leave by the end of their initial 30 days. 

People who were charged extreme amounts of money for 3 months extensions have have paid for nothing. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

People who were charged extreme amounts of money for 3 months extensions have have paid for nothing. 

No they paid for 3 month extensions and need not concern themselves with threads like these, which provide absolutely no comcrete information.

Edited by n00dle

18 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

Nobody forced them to enter into a bribery situation. They're hardly going to be able to complain and get their money back. The agents and IOs are laughing all the way to the bank. 

Edited by Promula
  • Haha 1