Visa extensions approved under previous amnesty to be upheld until Nov 30

webfact

11 minutes ago, greggraham said:

It doesn't look like that to me. 

- The "amnesty" has been extended until October 31st. 

- Some people applied for extensions before then, some did not.

- If you did, you get your +30 added onto the end of amnesty, so you're good until Nov 30.

- If you didn't you can stay without doing anything until October 31st.

- If they want to stay longer, foreigners should apply for an extension before Oct 31st. "Stranded foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand after 31 October must submit an application to an Immigration office by 31 October". This is what the official Govt posts say regarding the amnesty extension, they don't discriminate for those who had applied or not. 

The whole point of the article is to say people get their +30 added until the end of November, to differentiate them from those that didn't. It's not saying everyone else has to leave by Oct 31, just that their permission of stay is valid until then, unlike the others who are good until the end of Nov.

And where does the ingormation your interpretation is based on come from.

I personally havent seen any concrete posting of the new policy anywhere and will continue to wait until we have a link to the policy as published in the royal Gazette

16 minutes ago, greggraham said:

It doesn't look like that to me. 

- The "amnesty" has been extended until October 31st. 

- Some people applied for extensions before then, some did not.

- If you did, you get your +30 added onto the end of amnesty, so you're good until Nov 30.

- If you didn't you can stay without doing anything until October 31st.

- If they want to stay longer, foreigners should apply for an extension before Oct 31st. "Stranded foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand after 31 October must submit an application to an Immigration office by 31 October". This is what the official Govt posts say regarding the amnesty extension, they don't discriminate for those who had applied or not. 

The whole point of the article is to say people get their +30 added until the end of November, to differentiate them from those that didn't. It's not saying everyone else has to leave by Oct 31, just that their permission of stay is valid until then, unlike the others who are good until the end of Nov.

And what happened when peoples permission to stay ends ?

They are required to leave 

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

People applied for extensions, not visas. The requirements for another extension if they don't extend the amnesty after October 31 will probably be some paper saying they can't go back home, (even if it's bs), almost everyone can fly back home anytime they want. 

You need to check your facts about being able to return to your home country anytime you like. That is not true. Australia for example has a 4000 per week limit that will be accepted back into the country plus there is very limited aircraft travelling to Australia. So if I get a letter from the Australian Embassy saying I cannot return home then according to you it will be BS. Your information is false information.

Hello,
hoping someone can help clarify the following.
We received an "under consideration" stamp valid till OCT 5 when we went to apply for an extension earlier this month with embassy letter.

Now, do we -
1. Go back on October 5 to get the updated stamp and that will be valid till nov 30th? Or is it arbitrary and they may just give it to us till oct 31st depending on one's luck with the IO?

2. If there is a possibility of receiving a stamp only till OCT 31st, then would it be more prudent not to go get an updated stamp and leave prior to Nov 30th? As we "technically" did apply for an extension in September as stipulated

3. We were told to make an appointment at MTT (where we got the under consideration stamp) prior to coming back on october 5th. But as per the appointment link, no appointments are being accepted for october (you cannot select the month). So do we just go without an appointment?

4. I am assuming we have to go to MTT only as that is where we got the "under consideration till october 5" stamp. Or is it business as usual and we have to go the main immigration complex now?

thank you very much in advance. 

1 hour ago, Promula said:

Nobody forced them to enter into a bribery situation. They're hardly going to be able to complain and get their money back. The agents and IOs are laughing all the way to the bank. 

The Australian Embassy advised it. The Australian Ambassador said that everyone had to transition to a long term visa and to talk to Immigration. The officer I talked to was very kind and helpful but I could not take his advice fully. 

20 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

So my Non O 60 days extension based on family, that came into effect on Sept 27th, still expires on Nov 27th? 

I think so... I did the same and expect this make no deferens for us,
You say Nov 27. Sure of that??? Sure it is not Nov 25.   you get 60 days. not 2 months
Mine is until Nov 25 according to the stamp.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MadMac said:

Meaning no further amnesty, just people that got an extension already can stay till end of October.

Exactly!  Be careful peeps that you understand this very silly and confusing post.  I would have expected TV to question the article before printing it.  I understand it to say that the Amensty is extended until the end of October, but if you have already applied for a one month extension, you may stay until the end of November.  Anyone (including TV) disagree?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bartman1369 said:

People who were charged extreme amounts of money for 3 months extensions have have paid for nothing. 

Not necessarily.  If it was for a non-o conversion, then next time they can do 1 year extension.

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

And where does the ingormation your interpretation is based on come from.

I personally havent seen any concrete posting of the new policy anywhere and will continue to wait until we have a link to the policy as published in the royal Gazette

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184985-visa-extensions-approved-under-previous-amnesty-to-be-upheld-until-nov-30/?do=findComment&comment=15867813

but I will repost the relevant screenshots.

Snag_18835f3d.thumb.png.e850ebf4e788361cb965c81e8f33e425.pngSnag_18adacb5.png.c9540c80d4b522389c7cf7497e96f218.png

I do agree to wait for the Ministry announcement text to be 100% sure.  Should be within early next week.   

In the past, there has always been 1 or more news announcements about drafts and/or cabinet meetings.  Then followed by Ministerial announcement shortly afterwards with full text of law.

Edited by 4evermaat

14 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Not necessarily.  If it was for a non-o conversion, then next time they can do 1 year extension.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184985-visa-extensions-approved-under-previous-amnesty-to-be-upheld-until-nov-30/?do=findComment&comment=15867813

but I will repost the relevant screenshots.

Snag_18835f3d.thumb.png.e850ebf4e788361cb965c81e8f33e425.pngSnag_18adacb5.png.c9540c80d4b522389c7cf7497e96f218.png

I do agree to wait for the Ministry announcement text to be 100% sure.  Should be within early next week.   

In the past, there has always been 1 or more news announcements about drafts and/or cabinet meetings.  Then followed by Ministerial announcement shortly afterwards with full text of law.

I have seen that. But thanks for rounding it all up.

I find it interesting hat only phuket news seems to have specifically posted regarding the november extension.

In the past there has also been several examples of immigration officials and even a spokesman for the interior ministry making announcements that have proved incorrect.

I am cautiously optimistic because it is nice to have extra time to get things done, but at this point im pretty much golden anyways. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They are on overstay since Sept 26th.. 

No .  some people can't read or comprehend what they read.  The amnesty is continued till Oct 31st for those that did nothing.  Those that paid for an extension by embassy letter or normal extension of VE or tourist visa by Sept 27th ( 1900  baht) get to stay till Nov 30th.

120228670_3622371914452863_8567647386392258372_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=ruWRv4ofj_MAX_bU8_t&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk22-1.fna&oh=6af10f43a20d48d8870f058736d468e4&oe=5F9ACED3

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oznomad said:

There are people that dont fit in either of the two camps.

For example, a 'visa' that expires in October.

That was outside the amnesty, and is now apparently also outside the amnesty extension.

I think they would be "safe" until October 31st and if they wanted to stay would need to apply for an extension by then. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, Happyman567 said:

So they are expecting all aliens to try and get in their rockets and fly home where ever that is Aliens is not a kind word is it?

Kind or not it is the acdepted term world wide.

Edited by n00dle

On 10/1/2020 at 12:26 AM, smallchang said:

Hello,

on September 25 I got an extension stamp until October 1 based on medical reasons. Paid 1,900 THB like for the 30 d extensions. Could I expect that those 5 days will be considered as well, so that I am good til November 5?

Thanks!

Why dont you go get your stamp and tell us what happened?

But in reality no. The extension is until the 31 october, for sure. 31st november if unconfirmed reports are true.

Edited by n00dle

On 9/30/2020 at 3:59 PM, Tony125 said:

Those that paid for an extension by embassy letter or normal extension of VE or tourist visa by Sept 27th ( 1900  baht) get to stay till Nov 30th.

And this has been confirmed as law by the government where?

Edited by Promula