anyone flying out of thailand ?

29 minutes ago, superatoz said:

ubonjoe , would u speculate that they will exnted visas for 1900bht  ?

It has been mentioned that 60 day extensions of stay will be available for the standard fee of 1900 baht that will start on November 1st when issued.

Unfortunately, i flew out on the 25th before any talk of the new extension.

I left my girlfriend and kids in Thailand, so i am not best pleased.

Immigration would not give me another extension and the british embassy wouldnt give me a letter.

So im a little <deleted> off about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, warcy said:

Nobody is going to fly out of Thailand if govt keep on giving endless amnesties. Might as well give everyone a five year amnesty.

Also in this picture is that nobody flying home means further delays to start up/build up of international flights in and out of Thailand.

My guess is that the Thai gov't., would like (amongst other items) to get more international flights operating.  

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My guess is that the Thai gov't., would like (amongst other items) to get more international flights operating.  

The first step to achieve this would be to have more ASQ hotels.

Edited by jackdd

3 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Unfortunately, i flew out on the 25th before any talk of the new extension.

I left my girlfriend and kids in Thailand, so i am not best pleased.

Immigration would not give me another extension and the british embassy wouldnt give me a letter.

So im a little <deleted> off about it.

sad to hear abt it , but the way they are handling this whole covid seems really dumb  

are u going back thailand soon ?  off topic abt ,  any idea of the insurance ( duration ) u need to get in ?  assuming u are coming on NON O marriage visa

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been mentioned that 60 day extensions of stay will be available for the standard fee of 1900 baht that will start on November 1st when issued.

There was a report that if you had paid for a 30 day extension just prior to the 26th, IO will extend your stamp until Nov 30th. Is this true?

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

The first step to achieve this would be to have more ASQ hotels.

Agree, plus some quick serious review of what's recently successfully changed in other countries re:

- Quarantine locations (hotel / home etc.), and

- Total quarantine time; some countries changed to 7 days, 1 changed to 5 days,

- Adoption of the new and proven Covid 19 tests:

- Much easier To get a swab,

- Down to 15 minutes to get a result,

- Rethink of when these tests are taken, perhaps 3 days before and passenger must bring medical report to airline check-in, plus test just before flight departure with results sent electronically to the authorities at the arrival airport. (If the time to process the test is longer means more accuracy then longer flights would fit this configuration well.)

- On arrival all passengers given the 15 minute (and must wait for result) plus a thin plastic bracelet which can do a test at say 3 and 5 days after arrival and automatically send the result to a quarantine (or whatever) agency and if positive the passenger is contacted by smartphone and a vehicle goes out to immediately bring the passenger to a medical facility for further tests/treatments (and passenger signs a declaration to follow the attached regulations).

Seems to me things like the above must be adopted because the worlds can't stay in it's current health  and economic mess for much longer without serious social calamity.

26 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

There was a report that if you had paid for a 30 day extension just prior to the 26th, IO will extend your stamp until Nov 30th. Is this true?

I don't know since I have seen nothing official about it.

5 hours ago, superatoz said:

sad to hear abt it , but the way they are handling this whole covid seems really dumb  

are u going back thailand soon ?  off topic abt ,  any idea of the insurance ( duration ) u need to get in ?  assuming u are coming on NON O marriage visa

I will be back next year, but im not married, so would have to come back based on being a parent of a thai national.

One of the reasons immigration wouldnt give me an extension was because i wasnt married.

48 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

One of the reasons immigration wouldnt give me an extension was because i wasnt married.

To apply for an extension based upon being the parent of Thai you have to be the legal father of your child by legitimization of your parenthood or marriage. Info is here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/