U.S. President Trump and Melania test positive for COVID-19

webfact

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I understand that Her Majesty the Queen has sent the American people a message of sympathy.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said it was very easy to do, as they already had it on file in case Mr Trump was re-elected!

If Buckingham Palace has on file a message of sympathy in case Trump was re-elected, it was meant for the citizens of USA. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Deaths in the United States from the novel coronavirus topped more than 62,000 Thursday, making it deadlier than any flu season since 1967, according to data compiled by Reuters. 

The only deadlier flu seasons were in 1967 when about 100,000 Americans died, 1957 when 116,000 died and the Spanish flu of 1918 when 675,000 died, according to the CDC. https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/how-us-covid-19-fatalities-compare-to-worst-flu-seasons/731964

People who believe Covid-19 is not a big deal and is something we should just live with, like the flu, argue that the death toll is inflated because many of those who have died were old or had underlying medical conditions and would have died soon anyway. The argument is not only morally reprehensible but also scientifically flawed, experts say. If a person has a medical condition that puts them at greater risk of complications from Covid-19, and they catch the disease and die, epidemiologists say their death certificate should list Covid-19 as the cause of death. “People with underlying conditions such as diabetes & high blood pressure who died with Covid also died of Covid because they wouldn’t have died at that point in time without Covid,” Nisreen Alwan, PhD, associate professor in public health at the University of Southampton in England, said on Twitter.   https://elemental.medium.com/theres-nothing-contrived-about-the-coronavirus-death-toll-b729f2526cec

This is not difficult information to find, hence why I believe you are being willfully ignorant and NOT getting a cross section of scientifically backed information. You are only looking to back your own myopic view.

You must be right if a couple of unnamed "experts" say so.  

All those people with, say, terminal cancer who contracted the virus and then died as a result the cancer that their families and doctors knew was going to take their lives must have died from Covid is what you are saying.  That's nonsense.  For you to believe what "the experts" (promoting the Covid death figures) say, that you refer to in this context, is simply your being "willfully ignorant"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Info only.

My reply to a post that contained reference to posts #480 & #488 no longer applies. The posts are now at #477 and #485. Wonder if these will change again.

Who knows? Life's full of misery mistery.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

No sense in replying, as you would not accept the answers, but here, anyway:

WHO, CDC, and dozens of MDs.

All available testimony available with a simple Google search.

Back to Mr. Trump's current peccadilloes, any recent news?

About his health, I mean.

Very fatigued and difficult breathing. Nothing serious as yet.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

That was posted 20 minutes of the first flash on the phone, (This post a copy moved from the first OP that TV shut down) Given the world we live in today. I don't believe first news flashes. Has to be verified by different sources and even then I am doubtful. 

Now I am worried Biden might get it. The debate was supposedly designed with blowers etc to minimize risk, but who knows. Given the amount of cluster-chaos in the US and sheer incompetence for the last seven months, these numbnuts could have had it all in place and then forgot to flip the switch, during the debate. A bunch of lenny's, to use my local slang.

Given Trumps nature though we still have a lot to go through. What do you bet they might try and delay the election?! Anything is possible. When confidence men are on the ropes, they are the most dangerous.

Can't delay it, it is the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

Interestingly, the moderator has revealed that Biden and his team arrived at the venue the night before the debate, as arranged, and all underwent the Covid test. Trump and his entruage arrived at the venue late afternoon on the day of the debate and it was too late to test them. They were never tested.

You have a credible source for that?

It also would mean he was lying through his teeth, when he said during the debate that he had been tested that day.

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

It also would mean he was lying through his teeth, when he said during the debate that he had been tested that day.

The president may have been tested by the WH medical personnel, but was not tested at the site.   I am not sure he was lying. 

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

If correct, he may have been tested at the WH. And if not, no one will care except for the organisation. But they tried to get Trump cs to wear masks and could not achieve that, so seem pretty powerless.

Edit: can the organisation be sued if they did not meet the guidelines?

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scott said:

The president may have been tested by the WH medical personnel, but was not tested at the site.   I am not sure he was lying. 

If you look again at the video in post #589 he clearly says, tonight everyone's had a test, while making the hand gesture indicating he means everyone in front of him.

We know that Trump get tested daily at the WH, but is that also the case for the rest of his family?

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If correct, he may have been tested at the WH. And if not, no one will care except for the organisation. But they tried to get Trump cs to wear masks and could not achieve that, so seem pretty powerless.

Edit: can the organisation be sued if they did not meet the guidelines due to negligence?

Tried to edit the previous post, in stead this one comes.

Edited by stevenl

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

We know that Trump get tested daily at the WH,

Do we know that? He contracted Covid on Saturday but didn't test positive for almost a week. If he were tested every day then he would have tested positive sooner. Just another of Trumps boastful lies.

Its my assertion that he rarely, if ever, got tested but had the test Thursday evening/Friday morning because he had developed symptoms.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, polpott said:

Its pretty certain that he was.

https://www.medmastery.com/guide/covid-19-clinical-guide/covid-19-disease-progression

The median for infection to symptoms showing is 5 days. That would put his infection around the time of the gathering at the Rose garden the previous Saturday. 7 people who attended the gathering have since tested positive for Covid.

People are at their most infectious 1 to 2 days before symptoms start (plays a big part in the virulent spread of Covid) but begin to be infectious 2-3 days before symptoms start.

Its possible that the president was infectious at the time of the debate. Interestingly, the moderator has revealed that Biden and his team arrived at the venue the night before the debate, as arranged, and all underwent the Covid test. Trump and his entruage arrived at the venue late afternoon on the day of the debate and it was too late to test them. They were never tested.

i just watched part of the doctors' briefing.......and something seems strange.  did i misunderstand the timeline?  it appears the doctor said trump was prescribed covid treatment BEFORE the debate.  so he was infected and knew it, undergoing treatment, AND went to the debate and his rally?

listened again to the conley section.  evasive weasel!  he's not on oxygen "now."  wouldn't answer questions about recent testing.  following a question about the 72 hours putting the positive test back to wednesday, he responded about the results of a repeated test.  repeated???

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, Jingthing said:
On 10/2/2020 at 9:26 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

A penny for Fauci’s thoughts.

I guess he's too classy to say I told you so.

One you can read for free is on his face: "Sorry, my retirement is on the line..."