U.S. President Trump and Melania test positive for COVID-19

webfact

20 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Read Posts #480 where  stevenl  said that he didn't wish Pres Trump dead but wished him seriously ill. My reply was #488. So I didn't make it up but perhaps you need new glasses, eh?

Your representation of my post is dishonest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

The health of my country and society are vastly more important to me than this man's fate

The great thing about the USA is that there are Democratic elections where the people get to vote for their leader. 

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Your representation of my post is dishonest.

Not so because I gave the post numbers for verification. The other poster argued that I had made it up and I didn't...you wrote it and that is true. You need to calm down and stop wishing ill to others and perhaps take some of your own advice (hoping Pres. Trump would learn). Step back and ask yourself if you really want others to see you as an ill wisher.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tagged said:

The good thing, he do volounteer for not proven treatment, and has received a single 8 gram dose of Regeneron's polyclonal antibody cocktail that still is undergoing a clinical trial. 

I do not know if that means they do take it serous, or thay by now, know it is safe. Exiting times. 

Get well mr President. 

It definitely sounds to me like they are taking desperate measures so you would think he's in desperate shape.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

But the majority don't always get what they voted for. Faux democracy.

lol another sore laser from 4 years ago.  For God's sake man, get over it. You also have a voice to change the way the elections operate. Did you complain when Bush won that way? Thought so. You only sing when you're winning 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

The tragic thing about the USA is that the Republican party, the President, and several State Governors have been doing all they can to suppress the electorate they cannot capture and to invalidate the process this very day to discourage voters. Houston Texas is part of Harris County, a huge county. The Governor of Texas just forced the closure of all ballot boxes except for a single one in every county in Texas; case in point. I lived in Houston for 5 years and know that it could well take me several hours to drive across Houston itself and perhaps another few hours waiting in line to put my ballot in the box. This is conceived and executed by a Republican Governor of a Red state.

A democratically elected presidency would have seen Clinton elected in 2016. The sad truth is that an antiquated device called the Electoral College meets well after the election is over to 'certify' the winner. This process is only vaguely related to the popular vote in each State.

It has become painfully obvious that America is a democracy in trouble. When a minority party seizes control of the government that is surely NOT a democracy.

and once you managed to insert your ballot in the box, how is the Box's integrity monitored?  

3 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

It has become painfully obvious that America is a democracy in trouble. When a minority party seizes control of the government that is surely NOT a democracy.

Please tell me why you didn't change after Bush won, getting less votes?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

and once you managed to insert your ballot in the box, how is the Box's integrity monitored?  

Good point. With the GOP frantically poisoning the electoral process at every opportunity and in every manner possible  it's impossible to know who can be trusted.

This whole presidency is a cautionary tale and wake up call for Americans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, polpott said:

"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord" and Trump and his entourage all come down with Covid. Its a sign from God. Those bible belters will all be voting Biden now.

You presume logic will be followed.

Bible Belt fundamentalism doesn't really do logic!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Willful ignorance at its absolute finest. 
Each and every one of your “facts” has been debunked numerous times. To keep quoting this nonsense is why the US has the problem it does. 

Nonsense.  Debunked by whom?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

One thing is guaranteed however: they will receive much better medical care than most Americans could every hope to.

Would you want any different treatment for your president?

Although I don't like Trump or support him, I hope he gets well soon as he is the better man to run the country now and 4 years ago. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

the candidate(s) would be replaced by their respective political committees.  any electors won by the deceased would be requested, although not required in most states, to cast their ballot for the replacement candidate.

representative democracy can get messy.

Thank you. That does raise another question - tracing those electors does rather invalidate the secret ballot?

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Thank you. That does raise another question - tracing those electors does rather invalidate the secret ballot?

the people voting have secret ballots.  the electors?  maybe....but not all states have secret ballots for electors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/19/how-does-the-electoral-college-actually-vote-an-explainer/

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/electoral-college-electors-232791

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1