Anyone come into thailand with NON - IMM O Visa yet ?

1 minute ago, superatoz said:

can u pls advise where u read this ? 

any link to thai govt website ? 

It's common sense. If you're staying 6 months, a 3 months insurance won't be enough to get a CoE at the embassy in your home country. The insurance covering the period of stay is one of the requirements to get the CoE in the first place. I guess you haven't read the requirements. 

It states this on the London embassy website.

"3. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand"

If entering on a non-o visa that would be 90 days. If with re-entry permit for a extension of stay it would be to the date it expires.

3 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I used Pacific Cross Thailand visa friendly plan for 12 months as wasn't sure whether would still be required when applying for marriage extension after 3 month visa expires.

No insurance needed for an extension based on marriage. But you are still in Thailand,right? If coming from abroad you need an insurance covering $100,000 for the whole period of time. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

"3. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand"

If entering on a non-o visa that would be 90 days. If with re-entry permit for a extension of stay it would be to the date it expires.

Ubonjoe does this mean someone entering on an O-A / O-X would need cover for a year or 90 days as they still need to report

2 minutes ago, howerde said:

Ubonjoe does this mean someone entering on an O-A / O-X would need cover for a year or 90 days as they still need to report

Those Visas are given one year permission of stay so insurance should be that..

90 day reporting not relevant.

A pal came in with a Non-Imm-O but obtained a years insurance as he plans to extend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, howerde said:

It would require a year since that is the permit to stay that will be stamped in their passport. Ninety day reports do not have anything to do with your allowed stay in the country.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

No insurance needed for an extension based on marriage. But you are still in Thailand,right? If coming from abroad you need an insurance covering $100,000 for the whole period of time. 

I came from abroad.

If you are coming from abroad with a CoE on Non-O marriage, then you might have the problem that you have the "real" travel etc insurance that you use, but like most insurance companies, they do not give out a certificate SPECIFICALLY mentioning that Covid is covered. As required by the funny people in charge. So I had to buy me a "Covid" insurance. After completing the ASQ sentence period I terminated this expensive Covid insurance and now "live on" the normal travel insurance which has full Covid-19 cover as well. The 2 week covid insurance with termination fee costed me around 55 USD.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

ok thank u for this , i was thinkign to buy just 90 days .