Twitter newbie need help with the basics

watthong

Just signed up then searched for a topic (in this example "conley trump") Now what, if I want to tweet/join in this topic what do I do next? Which button on the left should I click so I can compose then post a comment/reply?

Thank you in advance for any advice/pointers.

twitter.jpg

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, KC 71 said:

go onto the question/reply bubble ????️ under the topic you want to reply to, then send it

thanks for the advice. Also just found out several how-tos on youtube, will watch that today.

Much appreciated you taking the time to help a newbie (as opposed to morons who just clicked on the emoji, I guess them being born with all the knowledge in the world straight from mother's womb.)

• Like 1

I often retweet with a comment(2nd option under the initial post), it stands out more. Just commenting under another comment it tends to get lost among the other replies. Try following people you admire, often they will follow back so your own posts start to get some traction.

As a Twitter sceptic I was pleasantly surprised with the platform. Within the 1st year I had to and fro's with Sinead O'Connor and had David Crosby himself rate my roll-up ciggy. Well worth signing up for!