Ex-convict goes on stabbing spree at Bangkok mall when told to wear mask

webfact

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

With due respect, what has this got to do with going berserk for not putting on a covid face mask and why print it??

Your question is totally correct. I'd just cut out the "with due respect" because the police have absolutely no business to reveal that snd deserve zero respect for this. - It is complete irrelevance intended to appeal to ultra-conservative minds to conjure up ignorant horror, whereas these days in Thailand - the safest people to associate with are those who are positive and on treatment because the virus is no longer in their blood !  Those who think they are uninfected are the riskiest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, todlad said:

I know you know this but let's be fair, there are many videos on countless sites showing people from many countries throwing hissy fits when asked to wear a mask.

Absolutely right. Funny how when it makes news here people jump on the bandwagon and call it all about face and other Thai one liners. Sad really in that many seem to be stuck in this rip all Thai stuff when something makes news but just read the news anywhere in the world and you find it everywhere and not just this stuff, Rape, Killings, shootings, robberies kidnapping, road rage,  You name it

7 hours ago, sraisin said:

The use of the word bezerk made me stop and repeat it out loud to hear how it sounds. The mention of the HIV patient card has still got me wondering. 

Maybe because he was HIV positive and the people he attacked had open wounds which possibly could lead to an infection

• Like 1

Its despicable reporting The Nation news had to slip in the sentence "The police also found an HIV patient card on him."   

What are they insinuating that HIV can spread in the air?  

2 hours ago, flexomike said:

Maybe because he was HIV positive and the people he attacked had open wounds which possibly could lead to an infection

The safest people to associate with are those who are HIV positive and on treatment because the virus is no longer in their blood !  Those who think they are uninfected are the riskiest.

The attacker would stand more chance of contracting something from those he attacked :))

Edited by PeeJayEm

23 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Its despicable reporting The Nation news had to slip in the sentence "The police also found an HIV patient card on him."   

What are they insinuating that HIV can spread in the air?  

I think it's wrong to blame The Nation because they are only going to report the information given by the police - who are the real criminals in releasing that irrelevant information.  Perhaps The Nation can criticised for not self-censoring since they ought to know better than the police !!  - I suppose it depends on its editorial policy: whether it just parrots what police say to blend in with and be part of the generally awful Thai media behaviour; or whether they want to appeal to the more "human rights aware" readership of its expat readership.  - Seems to be the former.

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Once again a man child has a hissy fit and throws a tantrum when told that he can not do what he wants, and to wear a mask.  Sometimes, one has to believe that if parents would be held responsible as to the wrongs there offspring commit, even at a later age, because the parents did not kick there rear ends and teach them the difference between right and wrong and respect, but instead believed in this FACE issue to much, if that would change anything.  OK, with that being written now I will put the inside voice away and go slap myself because after reading what I wrote I know it would never occur and is laughable.

Yes it is sarcasm

OK, did it hurt when you slapped yourself? It didn't? You've obviously had a prefect FACE training!

It's sarcasm, too

wow, why when an article talk about someone violent that is come from jail already, many people construct an amalgam between his origin country and their bad actions ?

Because one person did wrong all the time, then all the people from same country are bad ? It is the idea ? It is a very stupid idea.

To much comments seems to think that all Thai can be same than this guy... comments from "dirty fareng" i think (your idea is the same kind of assimilation mechanism that push a sentence like: "dirty fareng", exactly the same way ).

It is so stupid to think like that ! There is some crazy people every where around the world, many prison in each country, but luckily, not everybody is so stupid to think that all humans from any country concerned are violent and bad (or for some of them, will never change to be better).

anyway... for some of you who build a link between Thai people and violence, why do you go to Thailand ? Stay at your home (or in your bar) and shut up.

12 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, where many people refer to the ultra-liberal city of Berkeley as Berserkley. If you've ever been there, you would know why.

The gal across the street from me went to school in "Beserkley".  On a vacation trip, she took her kids through there just to show them all the nut jobs, 555.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Again Thai culture is  imbedded  into the minds of many  Thai

Saving face  seems a ridiculous  excuse for many  act of  violence  in Thailand 

Which is totally against   the Budhissed  culture  anyway

Sorry   spelling bad eys  

Good Luck Thailand 

Considering the craziness we've heard about when people in other countries are told to wear masks, I think this is the first time I've heard of a Thai getting upset about being told to where a mask. I think Thais have been a role model for the rest of the world in terms of mask wearing. It's the one thing the country has gotten right. 

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

Absolutely right. Funny how when it makes news here people jump on the bandwagon and call it all about face and other Thai one liners. Sad really in that many seem to be stuck in this rip all Thai stuff when something makes news but just read the news anywhere in the world and you find it everywhere and not just this stuff, Rape, Killings, shootings, robberies kidnapping, road rage,  You name it

Especially the ones who choose to live among the people that seem to have absolute contempt for.  Poisoning not just their relations with the locals.

10 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

Your question is totally correct. I'd just cut out the "with due respect" because the police have absolutely no business to reveal that snd deserve zero respect for this. - It is complete irrelevance intended to appeal to ultra-conservative minds to conjure up ignorant horror, whereas these days in Thailand - the safest people to associate with are those who are positive and on treatment because the virus is no longer in their blood !  Those who think they are uninfected are the riskiest.

Your first (possibly incorrect) assumption is that he is being treated, and he's staying up with his treatment regime.  Your incorrect assertion is that, even if the virus is at undetectable levels, it's not zero.  Otherwise, why would anyone need to continue treatment?

In a crime where the guy drew blood, it's very appropriate to let the victims and anyone (like first responders) exposed to fluids from the guy know they need to be tested and ask their doctor about early preventative treatments available.  No different than someone who finds out they had unprotected sex with an HIV patient last night.

Edit:  I'd agree with you if the guy was accused of shoplifting or credit card theft or burglary or just about any non-violent crime.

Edited by impulse

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Once again a man child has a hissy fit and throws a tantrum when told that he can not do what he wants, and to wear a mask.  Sometimes, one has to believe that if parents would be held responsible as to the wrongs there offspring commit, even at a later age, because the parents did not kick there rear ends and teach them the difference between right and wrong and respect, but instead believed in this FACE issue to much, if that would change anything.  OK, with that being written now I will put the inside voice away and go slap myself because after reading what I wrote I know it would never occur and is laughable.

Yes it is sarcasm

But it is true, Thai woman ruin kids or should I say Boys, they spoil them, spoon feed them when babies and let them do what they like.

I have been fighting this with my son, the girls spoil him rotten and he conducts the orchestra when they are around him, frightens me what could happen to him as he is a real good looker and one jealous BF could be his downfall when he gets older.

18 hours ago, onebir said:
On 10/5/2020 at 8:39 AM, hellohello123 said:

I know what berserk means, I've always known it to be a word you only say in conversation and never in a written professional form

Got it confused with 'jerk'?

As a confirmed jerk, I am somewhat disappointed with you.

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

But it is true, Thai woman ruin kids or should I say Boys, they spoil them, spoon feed them when babies and let them do what they like.

I have been fighting this with my son, the girls spoil him rotten and he conducts the orchestra when they are around him, frightens me what could happen to him as he is a real good looker and one jealous BF could be his downfall when he gets older.

That's life in a society where the bonfire of patriarchal piety is willingly stoked by the nation's matriarchs. Don't fight it but make sure your do your bit teaching the boy how to behave properly.

I do my bit and whenever my awesomely clever three year-old storms out of the house leaving his spilled food and toys to be picked up and put away by the ladies of the house, I command that he goes to the mom 'n' pop shop, get me a cold beer and be bloody quick about it! He's getting all the stronger for it too. He can now carry two large Singha's instead of the one.

In fact this article, "it seems"  does not say a third of a quarter of what really happened, or at least what we saw in detail on TV, in a completely different version.

First the culprit had taken yaba just before, and he was thirsty said he, so he came into the store without a mask to buy a bottle of water, the shopkeeper refused to sell him despite his pleas, then pretending he had a crazy look she called a guard, who came and told him to leave

First I want to buy a bottle of water I'm too thirsty, no get out of here right away. So mad with anger he would have taken a knife from the store that he used against the guard who was trying to pull him out and also the two other people present, not at all the same story but then not at all, I don't want to believe either one more than the other I just relate this second version we heard my wife and I !