Confusion reigns as STV arrivals now may not land in Thailand this week

webfact

I know of somebody who flew out from london recently to meet his lao teerak who is still in lao

he spent XXk arrived at bkk airport was treated like a high security prisioner is stuck in a bkk hotel and after 14 days quarinte he has to still do tests and sign on every so often at a police station

He rang his family and said he is scared last i heard

He is from northern england also being told he has the brain of a 12 yr old made lot of dosh in chimmnies seems like he is stuck in 1 now will post more info if I can get

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

While I agree, less tourists, traffic, etc. are a great thing.  It is also all those tourists that bring the things we miss and patronize into Thailand: an occasional Burger King, Villa Market, english speaking  movies, basically everything Thais have absolutely no use for.  Eliminate tourism and all things western are eliminated as well.  There is simply not enough expat traffic to keep them going.

Life will literally be like it was 40 yrs ago.

My goodness - I am like a Thai already after very many years here. I never go to Burger King or any other fastfood "restaurant". I also never go to Villa Market. English speaking movies I can find without end on the internet. 

And yes - I miss the Thailand how it was 40 years ago. This was the Thailand that motivated me to move to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

From the Thai government perspective the STV was only ever a test for the readiness to open up - but even that test is proving to be a situation of much hand-wringing and uncertainty

Speaking of "tests"...I wonder if these so-called "tourists" who are in limbo now will have to get new COVID tests done within 72 hours of the new flight? Surely their original COVID-free health certificates will expire by the time they can actually fly out...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

They're not tourists if they have to stay for minimum 90 days, but has anyone confirmed that they will? I would be very surprised.

Oh, maybe just maybe they're rich Chinese who will come to buy up the failing businesses in Phuket at rock-bottom prices. I wouldn't put that past the Muppets in charge.

That's exactly what they will be doing! and not just Phuket!!! They are already buying up Chiang Mai!????????????

• Sad 1

More than likely they never existed like I said before . Was a nonsense story made up to make everyone think the Chinese were going to snap up all the visas available and make others rush to apply hoping to get the last few remaining , when in fact there were loads available as only those desperate to return or money to burn were interested !

Now they have realised maybe they got 1-200 applicants so they have cancelled the plan to save face and now thinking up some new insane idea .

This is very dissappointing.

As a tourist, I wanted to come to Thailand badly, get all the insurances, 500K in the bank with detailed transactions over 6 months, covid tests, quarantine, even wristband if needed for the whole duration of my stay of 9 months.

My boss is ok with my extended vacation, no work allowed.

But now, because of these new developments, I must say I changed my mind.

Just kidding ????

Edited by lkv

Let’s face it it is never going to Happen the rules get changed every day people have to make plans to travel. Thailand would be as well as saying no visitors until there is a vaccine sadly the Tourist buisness will be on it’s knees by then but it is everywhere else in the world anyway. I own a Condo in a thailand and normally spend the Winter in Thailand but I have come to the conclusion it won’t be happening this year as I am from the UK .

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

How do airlines plan their schedules? 

They can't sell any tickets if they are not sure if they will be allowed to fly and even if they get green light, who is ready to sit on an airplane the following day. First you need all paperwork re Covid test etc.

I would buy a ticket today I have known for sure I can just go in... 

But I'm. Not because nothing is clear at all