Confusion reigns as STV arrivals now may not land in Thailand this week

webfact

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

That's not what I meant. I said I was hoping the mass tourism was over. Not to go to 0, but to go to something that is sustainable. Only looking at the numbers isn't appropriate. There can be sustainable tourism, which works in the long run. Had Thailand continued the way it was going, there would be no reason to visit the place in 5-10 years as pretty much everything worth seeing would have already been destroyed.

Take a look at the photos of tourist spots 20-30 years ago and now. Just that alone should give you something to think about where this was all going.

So would you be first to volunteer to go home? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geisha said:

The whole story smells bad to me. I’m not sure I believe that 150 Chinese tourists are coming under those conditions ! Maybe business people, but, stay three months, poppycock. I smell a rat !

It's very possible China told them that they were not allowed to come.  China is not a democracy and they are fairly adamant that they are not going to have people return spreading the virus around.  

• Like 1

Tourism is dead for a decade.  People need to seek other employment.   So sorry. 

Big change with the restaurant industry.  Many people in USA have learned how to cook for the first time in USA and they realize its better and easier than going out  to a restaurant.   If they do eat restaurant food its take out or drive through.   A chik fil let near me has covered, heated,  with fans, double drive through lanes.   With 4-6 employees taking orders. They are so busy maybe they are just keeping stock going of all types of food.   More people walking and biking on my street than ever.

All those tattooed ghosts will need to  get real hobs and learn to be told what to  do and work for much less. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

How do airlines plan their schedules? 

They can't sell any tickets if they are not sure if they will be allowed to fly and even if they get green light, who is ready to sit on an airplane the following day. First you need all paperwork re Covid test etc.

They are GoFundMe operations, asking for short term, 0% interest loans on flights that won't happen anyway. "Would Be Passengers" can choose their imaginary flight and amount of loan/donation to their favourite airline.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thailandheron said:

Am i stating the obvious that I think this plane load of Chinese never existed? Not sure why they made this story up.

Made it up to gauge how many people apart from Chinese want to come and are willing to put up with the expensive quarantine nonsense .

Like all the articles in the press about people panic buying toilet tissues and masks . It made more panic and rush out and buy them . Same spin for all the Chinese coming to Thailand, making others clamour for visas that were in abundance incase the Chinese took them all . Which is never really going to happen !

This is what happens when you put onerous conditions on Tourists arriving,they seem to forget there are other places tourists can go to without having to become a circus performer to get there,and be incarcerated on arrival,i suppose the brains trust may realise this now,as they could'nt even get 150 Chinese to get on a plane to Swampy,noting that they are at the top of the tree when it comes to circus performers!

• Like 2