Confusion reigns as STV arrivals now may not land in Thailand this week

webfact

13 hours ago, Oldie said:

Covid cases are surging at the moment worldwide. The government has to be careful. Nothing wrong with this. 

But not deaths and hospitalizations. It's not a hoax, but it's not what we were led to believe. It's currently a casedemic driven by a faulty PCR test with many false positives that has an inability to distinguish between fragments of virus and a full one, and live from dead non-infectious virus. It's a media/public health hysteria, which has the much of the global population cowering in fear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

If there is fear from ' foreign' infection , it is because it has been ramped up by the Thai government.

In reality all covid infections have been initially imported from China.

Have the Thai authorities driven home that point or have Farangs been painted as the bogey men ?

Sorry, I was just explaining the content of a post,  not suggesting that Thai people were scared of the "foreigner" (whether this is true or not). This being said, from all the posts I have read, I am sure that more than one would reply "isn't it what every government has been doing...instilling unfounded fear" (again not stating)

1 hour ago, charmonman said:

Will they get a refund for the 10000 baht paid to the Thai Long Stay company for their “services “? For the $100000 health insurance they had to buy? For the ASQ hotel  and the at least 75 days hotel/condo they’ve had to pay for in advance? For the Covid-19 test they had to take? For the 2000 baht visa fee?

I can’t even get this Thai Long Stay company to respond to me in the first place. Maybe I am lucky. 

I have Thai friends telling me things are starting to get dire on the jobs/economic front.

Maybe I should be happy I’m not in Thailand. If it wasn’t for the 33 years I have spent in and out of Thailand and all the friends I have there I’d say to hell with the place.

The whole world is in dire straits. I'd think very carefully about where you want to hunker down for the next few years as travel as we knew it, may not be easy for a while to come...in the worst case scenario this is the future...no more easy border crossings.

13 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

But not deaths and hospitalizations. It's not a hoax, but it's not what we were led to believe. It's currently a casedemic driven by a faulty PCR test with many false positives that has an inability to distinguish between fragments of virus and a full one, and live from dead non-infectious virus. It's a media/public health hysteria, which has the much of the global population cowering in fear.

Mostly true. The "hoax" aspect is that the virus itself hasn't been proven to exist. So using the PCR test they're creating fear out of the seasonal flu, the common cold, pneumonia (due to various causes) and other illnesses that present in similar ways. You're correct that much of the global population is cowering in fear right now. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Deaths and hospitalizations in Europe ARE rising.

Do you want to sit back an watch the drama unfold again?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

The whole fiasco of " forced tourism" was ill conceived and born of haste and "will work out the kinks when we get to it" typical Thailand...

No one is taught to think in the Thai education system therefore everything in Thailand is trial and error.

Edited by SunsetT

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

Covid cases are surging at the moment worldwide. The government has to be careful. Nothing wrong with this. 

Cases do not equal hospitalization or death... If 10% of the world's population had the virus (per WHO) we had more than 700 million infections - but only 35 million were tested for some reason.

the other 665 million recovered from Covid without feeling sick or needing a hospital.  

this also means that the mortality rate of 1 million out of 700 million cases is fairly low (in the USA, 7 deaths out of 2,000 cases among TSA = airport screeners.  1800 recovered per CNN.  that equates to a mortality of 0.39% based on resolved cases).  Zero - point- three- nine percent.  Less than half of one percent die

In several European countries the number of deaths from all reasons is below the historic average in the last months (this means that even with Covid, fewer people die than usual).

Time to wake up and get out from under the bed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Cases do not equal hospitalization or death... If 10% of the world's population had the virus (per WHO) we had more than 700 million infections - but only 35 million were tested for some reason.

the other 665 million recovered from Covid without feeling sick or needing a hospital.  

this also means that the mortality rate of 1 million out of 700 million cases is fairly low (in the USA, 7 deaths out of 2,000 cases among TSA = airport screeners.  1800 recovered per CNN.  that equates to a mortality of 0.39% based on resolved cases).  Zero - point- three- nine percent.  Less than half of one percent die

In several European countries the number of deaths from all reasons is below the historic average in the last months (this means that even with Covid, fewer people die than usual).

Time to wake up and get out from under the bed

Yes and all those virologists work together with politicians in a worldwide power grab - Reptilians they are, the lot of them.

Good that all this is exposed by freedom fighters like Trump, Bolsanaro, Loekasjenko and you.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

If there is fear from ' foreign' infection , it is because it has been ramped up by the Thai government.

In reality all covid infections have been initially imported from China.

Have the Thai authorities driven home that point or have Farangs been painted as the bogey men ?

I had asked the question many times - how was it possible that Thailand did not import infections from China when the country was open to Chinese visitors in December, January and February?  The first case outside China was found in Thailand.

But CV only became an issue when it was brought in by Europeans/ Australians/ Americans?  

Thailand does not test internally - and definitely not anyone who is asymptomatic (unless they arrive from abroad).  In Miami, test positivity is 4%, which means that we are testing many people for some reason and they do not have the infection (wish I was in the business of developing and selling test kits - would make a fortune)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Yes and all those virologists work together with politicians in a worldwide power grab - Reptilians they are, the lot of them.

Good that all this is exposed by freedom fighters like Trump, Bolsanaro, Loekasjenko and you.

Nothing like ad-hominem attacks to prove your point.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, whiteman said:

Amazing Thailand why am I not surprised 

Oh my. The daily Thai tourist government news. I thought the American White House was dysfunctional, but this really takes the cake. I don't even mention this kind of news to my Thai wife. She recently said, "you will only go crazy" in regard to government decision making.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, charmonman said:

Will they get a refund for the 10000 baht paid to the Thai Long Stay company for their “services “? For the $100000 health insurance they had to buy? For the ASQ hotel  and the at least 75 days hotel/condo they’ve had to pay for in advance? For the Covid-19 test they had to take? For the 2000 baht visa fee?

I can’t even get this Thai Long Stay company to respond to me in the first place. Maybe I am lucky. 

I have Thai friends telling me things are starting to get dire on the jobs/economic front.

Maybe I should be happy I’m not in Thailand. If it wasn’t for the 33 years I have spent in and out of Thailand and all the friends I have there I’d say to hell with the place.

Don't forget the refund for the ..

medical certificate from licenced doctor; Applicants must have no forbidden diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction and third stage of Syphilis. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months.

copies of certificate of criminal record clearance from country of permanent residence. The certificate must be valid not less than 3 months.

Cost of copies of complete bank statement of the applicant’s account(s) showing transaction for the past 6 months, with minimum balance of THB 500,000. Bank contact details must be included.

blah blah blah

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kevc said:

where are all these tourists going to come from. If your staying on a 90 day holiday its not something you do at the drop of a hat you have to plan ahead and these people at the moment don't even know how to get a visa in fact nobody does not even the government. Just can't see it happening, you plan everything them someone decides to change the goalposts so all your plans have just sailed away and not to Thailand.

Another figment of the Bangkok Brains Trusts imagination,150 imaginary tourists that suddenly never existed,it was never getting off the ground.  TIT.????????