Confusion reigns as STV arrivals now may not land in Thailand this week

webfact

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

What’s there to be confused about?

people aren’t going to be coming here if you are forced to be locked in your room for 14 days. 

The penny will never drop for these cowboys in charge.

they get paid no problems...

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

So now, on top of all the hoops you have to jump through you have the chance of your entire holiday being cancelled because some official changes their mind about letting you come at the last minute.

Where do I sign up?

Yes. And that message must be carried far and wide because it is true.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oldie said:

Covid cases are surging at the moment worldwide. The government has to be careful. Nothing wrong with this. 

Infections mean very little , its hospitalisations and deaths that compute. In that respect most European nations , which are being way more economically pro active than Thailand , are not facing Armageddon.

This virus will not be eradicated for a very long time so governments have a stark choice , work with it or just curl up and do nothing except watch ones economy crumble and people starve.

Being careful is sensible , doing nothing is pathetic.

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Good to see there's someone on here more senile than me.

I wouldn't be overly optimistic. I am not that far yet that I would try to insult someone here in this forum. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Infections mean very little , its hospitalisations and deaths that compute. In that respect most European nations , which are being way more economically pro active than Thailand , are not facing Armageddon.

This virus will not be eradicated for a very long time so governments have a stark choice , work with it or just curl up and do nothing except watch ones economy crumble and people starve.

Being careful is sensible , doing nothing is pathetic.

But we also have to see that most Thais have nothing to do with Corona. They do their jobs in areas that have nothing to do with tourism. The will not be very happy if they get problems because of the tourism industry. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

If their jobs are in area's that "have nothing to do with tourism"  why would they get problems "because of the tourism industry". ?

Because of the danger that this industry will bring Corona to them. I don't know your home country and what you did there. But if I think of my home country not many people care about tourists and tourism. There are many tourist every year. But most of the people living there have nothing at all to do with them. They are even happy that it is more quiet now. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

If their jobs are in area's that "have nothing to do with tourism"  why would they get problems "because of the tourism industry". ?

Although I disagree with the post you are reacting too, I guess that one would considered having problems because of the tourism industry if one gets contaminated by an imported virus, e.g a tourist

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddy Ozark said:

This situation cannot go on much longer without massive Thai baht devaluation. If tourism counts for 20 percent of GNP then the devaluation should match that.

Wishfull thinking.

Foreign tourism is by far not 20%.

Other countries suffer too.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Will they get a refund for the 10000 baht paid to the Thai Long Stay company for their “services “? For the $100000 health insurance they had to buy? For the ASQ hotel  and the at least 75 days hotel/condo they’ve had to pay for in advance? For the Covid-19 test they had to take? For the 2000 baht visa fee?

I can’t even get this Thai Long Stay company to respond to me in the first place. Maybe I am lucky. 

I have Thai friends telling me things are starting to get dire on the jobs/economic front.

Maybe I should be happy I’m not in Thailand. If it wasn’t for the 33 years I have spent in and out of Thailand and all the friends I have there I’d say to hell with the place.

Very true, when tourists get there, there won't be anything to do except swim. As for returning folks with 'ties' their, it will be great to get back to your bank account, flat, car, motorbike, friends, and family after ASQ.