China in talks with WHO over assessing its COVID-19 vaccines for global use

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said last month it would prioritise China and Russia in his country's global shopping for a vaccine.

Yep, now it´s also time for him to take it as a first person as he siad before. If he survives then the vaccine will be okay. If he dies, drugs and gambling will be free.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

This is simply my thoughts/opinion.

I don't think you will be forced to take it anyway but the government could pass a law that if you have not been vaccinated by a certain date then you may not get an extension of your visa/not be allowed to enter Thailand without a genuine certificate from the country that you weere vaccinated in.

Farangs in Thailand are a bit of an odd case.

Whichever country makes the vaccine that Thailand buys it will go to the ultrahi sos first, then down to the government and the military and then down to the ordinary Thais. IMHO it will be available (at a "special" price) to us farangs as last in the line behind 70 million Thais. 

There may be a chance of getting the vaccine earlier (from a friend of a friend at a very special price) but I wouldn't put money on it.

Also it may have to be several shots over a period of time. At this point it is just guesswork as many countries are working on a vaccine and the Chinese one might be the first but possibly not the best,

Highly unlikely they'll do it that way. As long as you don't leave the country I don't see it happening.

Remember, they haven't forced farang living inside the country to get tested and don't plan to either UNLIKE the situation in Danang Vietnam, where all farang were rounded up (all 2200 of them) and tested back in August. Therefore, a country like Vietnam is more likely to make a vaccine a requirement for entry or visa extension but even there I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. 

It COULD become a requirement to enter the country but definitely not to get a visa extension. In the extremely unlikely case it were required agents or bribes could "release" you from the mandate. 

Farangs will be the last ones vaccinated as you say, though I don't believe "hi-sos" will be getting it at all. 

Also, this is global - so expect Thailand to follow the same rules as the WHO tells it to. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Free for 180 plus countries that succumbed to that virus and china should pay for it!

"All the published genetic sequences of SARS-CoV-2 isolated from human cases are very similar, suggesting that the start of the outbreak resulted from a single point introduction in the human population around the time that the virus was first reported in humans in Wuhan, China. The analyses of the published genetic sequences further suggest that the spillover from an animal source
to humans happened during the last quarter of 2019".

https://www.google.com/search?q=where+did+covid+19+originate&pws=0&gl=us&gws_rd=cr

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

WHOd have thought it,china and WHO im sure itll sail thru,WHO assured us china  flights are safe and we shouldnt worry about that and no human transmission had been detected in china the PRC govt told WHO and WHO assured us so.so i must be assured these vaccines have been thoroughly tested .do work very well and will be available next week,ohhh thank goodness i can sleep well at last thanks to the loving kindness and integrity of china and WHO.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Highly unlikely they'll do it that way. As long as you don't leave the country I don't see it happening.

Remember, they haven't forced farang living inside the country to get tested and don't plan to either UNLIKE the situation in Danang Vietnam, where all farang were rounded up (all 2200 of them) and tested back in August. Therefore, a country like Vietnam is more likely to make a vaccine a requirement for entry or visa extension but even there I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. 

It COULD become a requirement to enter the country but definitely not to get a visa extension. In the extremely unlikely case it were required agents or bribes could "release" you from the mandate. 

Farangs will be the last ones vaccinated as you say, though I don't believe "hi-sos" will be getting it at all. 

Also, this is global - so expect Thailand to follow the same rules as the WHO tells it to. 

But you don't know what the current government will do next week, next month or next year. At the moment it is just a moot point of discussion because there is no proven effective vaccine available anywhere.

I don't think that anybody living in Thailand would predict the governments next move as they seem to come up with a plan and scrap it a couple of days later and come up with another new plan etc.

After all, who would think that so many countries round the world would enter a lockdown situation and partly destroy their economies because of a virus? If anyone had predicted that a year ago they would have been laughed at.