Video: Blacktip Reef sharks wow park staff as they come in to feed at Koh Poda, Krabi

webfact

Video: Blacktip Reef sharks wow park staff as they come in to feed at Koh Poda, Krabi

6pm_VI.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaosod published a video that they reported came from impressed staff of the Hat Nopparat Thara - Mu Koh Phi Phi national park in southern Thailand. 

It featured dozens of Blacktip Reef sharks coming close to the shore to feed at the island of Koh Poda that lies about 8 kilometers from Ao Nang, Krabi. 

The media said that the sharks were not shy despite the presence of the park staff. 

It was an infrequent occurrence, they said. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-07

Blacktips (Carcharhinus melanopterus) are great little sharks, but quite shy. They frequent shallow water, and have been seen at other places in the Krabi Province. I saw quite a few at Koh Bida Nok in July, and apparently there are plenty in (closed) Maya Bay. This is excellent news that they have space in their own environment. Wouldn't it be great if we could live together with these and other species?

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Wouldn't it be great if we could live together with these and other species?

If I could swim in a different bit than them yes I agree.

On 10/7/2020 at 4:41 PM, hotchilli said:

If I could swim in a different bit than them yes I agree.

Where's your sense of adventure.

I know where mine is, if I stay out of the ocean I hope sharks stay out of my pool

nature it's healing itself, lot's of new species are showing up in the Andaman sea, hope they keep the herds of tourists away from their natural habitat and protect all the fragile species as some/many are in risk of extinction

Archived