Are NEW OA/OX retirement visas and COEs being issued ?

Hi

Following on from the problems with Non O visas not being granted COEs, can you confirm that I can make a new application

for a retirement visa and recommend between OA and OX.

thanks!

3 minutes ago, KoreaElte said:

Can if in a designated country. For example Swiss seem to be able to right now. Americans not.

That is only to apply for a Special Tourist Visa. 

There is no requirement for a person to be from a low risk country to apply for other visas.

24 minutes ago, Regain said:

Following on from the problems with Non O visas not being granted COEs, can you confirm that I can make a new application

for a retirement visa and recommend between OA and OX.

Yes the are issuing the visas and certificates of entry.

Info is here on the London embassy website. It is also shown on other embassy website as well.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes the are issuing the visas and certificates of entry.

Info is here on the London embassy website. It is also shown on other embassy website as well.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

thanks. I saw it, but couldn't believe my eyes, and it was dated July. ????

Edited by Regain

6 minutes ago, Regain said:

thanks. I saw it, but couldn't believe my eyes. ????

Let me know when you first read a report of someone with non O-A then obtained COE and then entered Thailand, did the quarantine etc.

The Thai Elite guys were added to "the list" prior to non O-A. They are having huge frustrations. 

There is quarantine capacity. Au is good example. 

All having an O-A means is being in imaginary queue. In addition those with expired non o retirement may decide to obtain O-A. Big group worldwide.

Edited by DrJack54

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The Thai Elite guys were added to "the list" prior to non O-A. 

There is no list that I am aware of. Thai Elite is a different since it has to go through the MFA for approval.

If you can reserve a ASQ and a flight you can get the certificate of entry.

From the UK and other countries you do not have to wait for seats on a scheduled repatriation flight,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Let me know when you first read a report of someone with non O-A then obtained COE and then entered Thailand, did the quarantine etc.

The Thai Elite guys were added to "the list" prior to non O-A. They are having huge frustrations. 

There is quarantine capacity. Au is good example. 

All having an O-A means is being in imaginary queue. In addition those with expired non o retirement may decide to obtain O-A. Big group worldwide.

People with Thai Elite Cards have to go through the TE office in BKK to get a CoE. That's one reason they have problems. That's not the case with people on O-A Visas or extensions with re-entry. 

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no list that I am aware of. Thai Elite is a different since it has to go through the MFA for approval.

From the UK and other countries you do not have to wait for seats a scheduled repatriation flight,

I think he means that the category for people with Thai Elite Cards allowed to apply for a CoE were officially announced before the category for people on O-A and O-X visas/ extensions. 

Just now, Max69xl said:

People with Thai Elite Cards have to go through the TE office in BKK to get a CoE. That's one reason they have problems. That's not the case with people on O-A Visas or extensions with re-entry. 

That's very true and sadly seems stumbling block for that group and some purchased first time TE to now find out about this semi rd block.

Back to the non O-A.

I await positive reports. Ubonjoe post #8 does not instill confidence in me at least. Makes it sound walk in the park. Esp the COE.

Could be completely wrong. Perhaps will read success stories entry with non O-A up coming. My bet is a no.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your making it sound simple. 

Can you point to post of anyone entering Thailand recently with a COE from non O-A. 

My guess is there are sooo many folk not in Thailand and trying to return. If a non O-A enabled entry on relatively sort time frame eg 3-4 weeks it would be inundated. Quarantine capacity would not cope. 

Just another stupid plan from Thai.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you point to post of anyone entering Thailand recently with a COE from non O-A.

Of course I can't since it has only been allowed for about a week.

Getting the COE does not really take very long to get. The reservation for the ASQ can cause a delay and at some embassies the reservation for a flight to here. Before non repatriation flights became available at some locations it could be a big problem getting reserved on a flight.

• Like 1

My point is that I think it's bit reckless to imply that if you obtain a non O-A your "right to go" tick the other boxes and your landing bkk. 

Let's wait and see. I can already imagine future threads. "Obtained a non O-A and still waiting".....

I got an email from the London embassy this afternoon...

"Unfortunately, the Retirement visa still not issuing until further notice.

Please keep checking with the Royal Thai Embassy website for updated information."

??????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Regain said:

I got an email from the London embassy this afternoon...

"Unfortunately, the Retirement visa still not issuing until further notice.

Please keep checking with the Royal Thai Embassy website for updated information."

??????

Is this email regarding O-A ,O-X or Non O ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My point is that I think it's bit reckless to imply that if you obtain a non O-A your "right to go" tick the other boxes and your landing bkk. 

I certainly did not intend to say it that way. That seems to be only what you think I wrote.

Getting the ASQ and flights set up are the first things you need to do in London and they will be a wait until the ASQ hotel is available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

All he very best of luck to all of you who are also trying to go home.  I really hope that the authorities also allow the retirees with "O" vistas to return very soon.  

Thanks for excellent detailed report. I must say I'm extremely surprised. 

What this also means is that anyone over 50 can obtain a non O-A and subsequently a COE in order to entry Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for excellent detailed report. I must say I'm extremely surprised. 

What this also means is that anyone over 50 can obtain a non O-A and subsequently a COE in order to entry Thailand. 

I think that there might still be a problem for those who have an extant permission based on an O visa as the Embassy may not be willing to issue an AO visa while the original O visa is still in play.  If that's the case it might be ok, if for example, you had "accidently" left your old passport in clothing which was ruined in the washing machine (the passport being ruined not the clothing) and so you had to get a new blank replacement passport.  

31 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

I think that there might still be a problem for those who have an extant permission based on an O visa as the Embassy may not be willing to issue an AO visa while the original O visa is still in play.  If that's the case it might be ok, if for example, you had "accidently" left your old passport in clothing which was ruined in the washing machine (the passport being ruined not the clothing) and so you had to get a new blank replacement passport.  

Correct. 

My post was referring to folk without a non o. Perhaps they previously never had an non O-A or O. Previously just tourists. If indeed COE are issued to O-A folk then that could mean huge increase in applications for COE after obtaining the non O-A.

7 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Hi Dr Jack I am in the UK and have an O-A visa based on retirement (no Thai wife or kids).  I applied and received a Certificate of Entry last week.  It was surprisingly easy.  The system is very efficient although the instructions have clearly been written by someone who does not have English as a first language and at times they are a little ambiguous but no real problems.  

Stage 1

To get the pre-clearance you need to upload scans of your passport, visa and in my case re-entry permit.  You also need to upload your insurance.  I simply used my UK travel insurance policy.  It was reject first time as my policy did not specifically say that it covered Covid medical expenses up to $100,000.  My Insurance Company kindly re-issued my policy with a line saying that it covered Covid emergency health expenses up to £6M and that application went through in under 24 hrs with no problem. 

Stage 2

To get the Certificate of Entry the London Embassy accepts hotel and flight reservations i.e. you do not have to pay for everything before you get the Certificate of Entry.   Many hotels insist that you pay the full price upfront (which I did for expediency reasons).  I am flying from Gatwick with Qatar.  When I was booking the flight and came to the payment section they give you two options 1) pay the full price or 2) reserve the flight which I did - it cost me £15 to hold the reservation for 72 hrs (not offset against the cost of the actual flight if you subsequently book.  I scanned in my hotel booking and flight reservation and again within 24hrs I was able to print out my Certificate of Entry.

Be aware that the Certificate of Entry states very clearly: the date of travel; the flight number and the hotel that you will be staying in.  So I doubt if you would be able to change any of these without going through the whole process again.  I have a Covid test due next week and assuming that it's negative I am booked to fly back to Thailand 16 October barring any disasters.  Apologies for the length of this post but I had to cover a lot of ground.  I hope some of you find it helpful. 

All the very best of luck to all of you who are also trying to go home.  I really hope that the authorities also allow the retirees with "O" vistas to return very soon.  

I assume you already had the in/out patient insurance issued by a Thai Insurance Company on the approved list.

4 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Well the Embassy in London know I have a current Non - O and informed me I could not enter on this but I could if I apply for a Non Immigrant O-A.

25 minutes ago, Jesse123 said:

I assume you already had the in/out patient insurance issued by a Thai Insurance Company on the approved list.

No when I applied for my A-O visa the insurance you referred to was not a requirement but I will have to obtain it to get my visa renewed in February.

I was quite irate when the policy regarding insurance was introduced and I had decided that when my existing O-A was due for renewal that I would do a visa run and come back with a O visa.  The fact that it looks like my O-A visa is going to get me back into the country had made me decidedly less grumpy.  

3 hours ago, Adelphi said:

No when I applied for my A-O visa the insurance you referred to was not a requirement but I will have to obtain it to get my visa renewed in February.

I was quite irate when the policy regarding insurance was introduced and I had decided that when my existing O-A was due for renewal that I would do a visa run and come back with a O visa.  The fact that it looks like my O-A visa is going to get me back into the country had made me decidedly less grumpy.  

OK I understand. I would be starting from scratch to get the O-A so need more documents and less certainty that they will give me a COE. I already have USD100,000 covid cover (plus in-patient cover in Thailand) but have to buy the Thai Insurance company cover that gives me no extra insurance, except for stupid 40,000 baht outpatient cover.

Can i inquire as to what % of you guys are looking at jumping through this hassle because of a special woman?  

That would be me.  9 months apart  and no end in site.  Did Romeo have it this hard?