Thai "Returnees" Do NOT Pay for State Quarantine!!! Foreigners PAY, THAIS get it FREE!

Will2011

50 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Just Thai's looking after their own, why on earth would you expect

them to pay for Farangs ?   P.S. the government pays for it..

regards Worgeordie

You guys need to read my post again. Why would they go to a 4 STAR HOTEL for FREE? It's supposed to be a quarantine stay NOT a free LUXURY vacation. Besides, the government pays it, but TAX PAYERS FUND IT!!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Not you---or me or any Farang..................So why are you getting so excited , & how is it a "Thai vs. Foreigners"

Yes, I pay for it. I am a TAX PAYER who pays a 4-star hotels for fake returnees. Please read my post as many times as you need until you understand the content.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Will2011 said:

Yes, I pay for it. I am a TAX PAYER who pays a 4-star hotels for fake returnees. Please read my post as many times as you need until you understand the content.

Lets both read it together Will2011......I don't pay tax nor I would think do 95% of the expats that live here. But you would like to make it a Thai V Foreigners, because you read of one case where some one is abusing the Thai system.

• Like 2

Well first, if you do not work, that does not mean others don't. As far as I know, in the colony island of Australia, any citizen in hotel quarantine pays for it, which is quite normal (if you believe quarantine is normal).

I suspect there are many fake returnees on long holidays here.

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

Any quarantine facility has to meet a raft of requirements to be given that status.  You'll find them on the hsscovid website if you can read Thai.  Lower grade hotels would be unlikely to meet the requirements so returnees end up in places like this.

If they were placed in Somchai's Guest House and Sawbone's Hospital provided the hospital services, Thailand would likely be awash with Covid brought back by Thais repatriating.

I do not think a 4 star hotel with seaview is part of the coronavirus requirements for better isolation!

6 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

It has been announced and documented since beginning thai nationals do not pay for quarantine.  Where the Thai gov puts them for 2 weeks is none of anybody's business.

Nothing to see here.

ETA:  If one has a Thai passport one is Thai national, regardless of where he lives or how long he is in the Kingdom.

It IS my business as long as I am a Tax payer here. I would rather see my taxes go to the millions who are unemployed than some returnees who abuse the system with a sea view room for free while other foreign business workers may pay over THB 100,000 for the same stay.

By the way, the double standard also goes to Thai "returnees" not needing to complete a test prior flight.

8 minutes ago, Will2011 said:

I do not think a 4 star hotel with seaview is part of the coronavirus requirements for better isolation!

Indeed not, but these benefits may come alongside all the other things that are required for the quarantine to be effective.  Somchai's place from my previous post may also have a seaview but if it doesn't meet the rest of the criteria it won't be good enough.  The star ratings will tend to go alongside the facilities needed for effective quarantine, which is more than just the isolation aspect.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Will2011 said:

You guys need to read my post again. Why would they go to a 4 STAR HOTEL for FREE? It's supposed to be a quarantine stay NOT a free LUXURY vacation. Besides, the government pays it, but TAX PAYERS FUND IT!!

It is not a luxury vacation and so what if a Thai national/citizen is quarantined in a 4 star available set up establishment.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, treetops said:

Indeed not, but these benefits may come alongside all the other things that are required for the quarantine to be effective.  Somchai's place from my previous post may also have a seaview but if it doesn't meet the rest of the criteria it won't be good enough.  The star ratings will tend to go alongside the facilities needed for effective quarantine, which is more than just the isolation aspect.

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

it is not a luxury vacation and so what if a Thai national/citizen is quarantined in a 4 star availabe set up establishment.

Another perspective from Vietnam that has been managing this situation quite well, as I have business there. Anybody who chooses to stay in state quarantine facilities pays about USD5 a day, while others who opt for private qualified hotels may pay anywhere from USD 75 to USD200, regardless the nationality.

6 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Christ, I guess some people will always find something to whine about. Who the f cares where the Thai government puts their citizens during mandated quarantine. It's got nothing to do with you, me or anybody else... even IF you'd be paying to stay in the same place. I get certain preferred treatment in my home country compared to visitors, and rightfully so.

Besides, the state quarantine does not guarantee you a spot in a nice hotel. From the reviews and reports from Thai's in regular quarantine I have seen and heard, most of those ain't no picknick. Perhaps a few Thai got lucky and no "regular" spots in the <deleted>ty hotels or facilities were available and they landed in a "nicer" hotel. Again, why care?

If you do not care as you say, why even bother posting then? You don't care. Don't waste your time. Apply your own words to yourself first.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

No one on a farang message board seems to have any sympathy nor care where the Thai gov decides to house Thai nationals for quarantine.

I think it was the usual Thai bashing that put most off, the Thai vs. Foreigners rant.

Also IF he pays taxes...and had wrote about something more relevant than the 1 case he said to have just discovered.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, treetops said:

Any quarantine facility has to meet a raft of requirements to be given that status.  You'll find them on the hsscovid website if you can read Thai.  Lower grade hotels would be unlikely to meet the requirements so returnees end up in places like this.

If they were placed in Somchai's Guest House and Sawbone's Hospital provided the hospital services, Thailand would likely be awash with Covid brought back by Thais repatriating.

maybe not awash, but plenty of Thais, who are not tested prior to flying, are bringing the virus into Thailand, but hopefully these are checked and isolated during quarantine .

2 hours ago, Will2011 said:

This is a puzzling news to me. A Thai friend of mine from US (who also got a US passport) just got to Bangkok yesterday and posted pictures of his quarantine hotel. The hotel is Brighton Grand Hotel Pattaya, and it looks like a 4 star hotel based on the pictures he took. He also mentioned that he did NOT have to pay for the hotel, as it is paid by the THAI government!!!

Hmmm...not sure how accurate this is.  I had a Thai friend returning from the USA recently and he sure as heck had to pay (60k+). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1