DDC watching closely after saliva test of some travellers from Thailand Covid-19 positive at Japanese airport

webfact

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Can you read? Follow-up pcr tests were negative. These saliva tests are giving false positives. 

sure, but it is also a reality that Thailand doesn't test enough to be able to be seriously affirmative on his situation of COVID infected cases number.

That is a scientist fact it is impossible to deny without loose full credibility on the serious scientist (and not interested by any business) people around the round table.

Do you get it now ?

Impossible...Thailand has told us for months that there is no Covid anywhere.

Yet send a plane to Japan and there are seven Thais showing positive results?  That might mean Thailand would / could be lying! Never!

Edited by Paul DS
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

You need to be very careful after handing over your passport to an immigration officer. Those officers wearing gloves and touch hundreds of passports everyday. They could be a source of infection from one to other travelers. The problem is there is no alcohol dispenser at that point, for officers yes but not for arrivals or departures. 

Absolute nonsense. They handed me a bottle of hand sanitizer as the IO was processing my entry, just 10 days ago. Quit making sh*t up. ????

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Listen enough now. There are no prostitutes in Thailand and no COVID.

hmmm... statistically, there is much more COVID cases in Thailand than prostitute workers, include the one that was not count (imagine ?).

But official numbers are all under the reality facts for both.

What ever, the problem of prostitution is not the worker, but his own situation to get money for survive decently (no one seriously can deny this fact, only the people born in opulence of wealthy family can deny a fact they have no interest to know about).

The problem of the COVID is not the number of people it kills, but something other who push governors in the world to increase fear for any reason i would like to know about.

Edited by jerolamo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No BS, your hilarious if you think that just because the hospitals are not overrun with patients and people are not dying that Covid is non-existent here.  Time to think outside of the box.

Doesn't matter what I think, are covid hospital admissions rising or not?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Doesn't matter what I think, are covid hospital admissions rising or not?

Yet another one who believes that if the hospitals are not having Covid patients admitted then Covid does not exist.  Just because one may have Covid at a low level, be it asymptomatic or with only minor symptoms, such as a cold would give off, does not mean they would go and get tested or be hospitalized.  Many people who have been sick or are sick do not go to a hospital just because they feel unwell.  So please tell me what your end game here is. Keep banging your head against the wall in the belief that the hospitals would be increasing in numbers with Covid patients.  Kind of hard to be hospitalized unless they test you, find you positive and then force you into a hospital.  Maybe that is why they are not testing.  In any other country, even the USA, if someone tests positive for Covid, they are not hospitalized until they develop symptoms and their condition worsens.  How do I know this, My sister and her family have just been confirmed positive with Covid and have been told to quarantine at home for the next 14 days and then return and have another test to ensure they are now negative, ruined a scheduled 90th birthday party the 4 of them were having for our mother, who lives 5 houses away.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

Can you read? Follow-up pcr tests were negative. These saliva tests are giving false positives. 

Two different tests:
The CLEIA saliva test test for anti-bodies, in other words, have you been exposed in the past.
The PCR test tests for viral DNA fragments currently in the body, in order words, do you currently have an active infection.

So, if you pop on a CLEIA saliva test and not the PCR means that you've probably have been infected, either asymptomatic or mildly ill,  you developed antibodies, your body fought off the infection, you cleared the infection and are Covid free and have immunity.  Happy days!

What's sad is they will end up playing Sars-Cov-2 / Covid-19 whack-a-mole.  The virus is mutating.  So, really, when the vaccine comes out, they'll already be mutated forms in the wild that the vaccine won't inoculate against.  Hence the "acceptable" 50% vaccine efficacy (or less) that will be heralded as a "success!" This will end up being a feel-good exercise for the fear-bound public and a cash-cow for the vaccine manufacturers.  That and a baseball bat that can be broken out by neo-dictatorial authoritarian-minded power elites who are mayors, governors, and heads of state and used to beat the general public into docile submission on a regular basis. 
2nd wave, 3rd wave, 4th wave.......nth wave. 
"It's here again!!! Lockdown people!!!"

Up next!  Climate Crisis! 
"Climate lockdowns in the tube, sir.  Fire when ready!"

Did y'all even read the article before starting your Thai bashing? They're saying the CLEIA screen test maybe producing false positives since most of those cases are turning out negative when tested again at the hospital with the RT-PCR method.

I wonder why some of you even want anything to do with Thailand let alone come here since all you seem to do is jump at any oppotunity to moan about the place and the locals... Way not stay where you're happy?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Abmong said:

Did y'all even read the article before starting your Thai bashing? They're saying the CLEIA screen test maybe producing false positives since most of those cases are turning out negative when tested again at the hospital with the RT-PCR method.

I wonder why some of you even want anything to do with Thailand let alone come here since all you seem to do is jump at any oppotunity to moan about the place and the locals... Way not stay where you're happy?

Have you considered many on the forum are not residing in Thailand?  But I do agree with you that some posters may not have read the full article..... ????

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 3:41 PM, Anna Rak said:

The Japanese want to know why we are letting in these DIRTY Thai foreigners into the country when they are not testing in their country for CV19, Thai only test arrivals not people inside the country, then accuse all other countries of having high rates of infection. (NO TEST, NO HAVE) ???? LOS!!!

Hysterical nonsense. All were found to be negative when further tested? Have you ever been to Thailand ...or Japan.  'Dirty Thai Foreigners'? What are you drivelling on about?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

Have you considered many on the forum are not residing in Thailand?  But I do agree with you that some posters may not have read the full article..... ????

Don't reside here..But live the fantasy world of this forum.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nout said:

Don't reside here..But live the fantasy world of this forum.

Oh how I wish I lived on the moon, I hear tell it is made of green cheese.  Living in Thailand is a dream, but then sometimes I wish living here was just a bad dream with these government idiots who are running this backwards show.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, CGW said:

What do you suggest, use the commonly used "dubious" at best PCR tests that have a 88% chance off a false negative, that should help further the agenda :thumbsup:

"Covid cases" doesn't mean "people ill with Covid",

Its just a means of furthering the "controla" virus agenda ???? 

False positives are annoying but they're better than false negatives

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet another one who believes that if the hospitals are not having Covid patients admitted then Covid does not exist.  Just because one may have Covid at a low level, be it asymptomatic or with only minor symptoms, such as a cold would give off, does not mean they would go and get tested or be hospitalized.  Many people who have been sick or are sick do not go to a hospital just because they feel unwell.  So please tell me what your end game here is. Keep banging your head against the wall in the belief that the hospitals would be increasing in numbers with Covid patients.  Kind of hard to be hospitalized unless they test you, find you positive and then force you into a hospital.  Maybe that is why they are not testing.  In any other country, even the USA, if someone tests positive for Covid, they are not hospitalized until they develop symptoms and their condition worsens.  How do I know this, My sister and her family have just been confirmed positive with Covid and have been told to quarantine at home for the next 14 days and then return and have another test to ensure they are now negative, ruined a scheduled 90th birthday party the 4 of them were having for our mother, who lives 5 houses away.  

This is not the USA and you need to get out a bit more.

In the last few weeks we have used up our 10 nights under the We Travel Together Scheme. Couple of days in Chantaburi, flew down to Krabi for 4 nights in Ao Nang and drove up for 4 nights in Khao Kho.

Having been in a crowded airport/aircraft, breakfast with tour buses, various packed markets and other venues don't you think I would have seen some sign of covid if it was as rife as you try and make out.

Reality is that mass testing is a waste of resources if it is not necessary. Mass testing in other countries has done little to stop the infection increasing. Thailand has done an excellent job of keeping the virus under control allowing people to travel throughout the country without restriction and we can only hope it remains that way.

On 10/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, Thaiwrath said:

More proof of the BS lies from here, a.k.a. "Thailand no have Covid".

If you test more, you will find a lot more, although probably mild infections, posing minimal threat to anyone, including the one infected. 

Except all the + tests later turned out - so more cases of false +'s.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Abmong said:

I think most such posters don't even live in Thailand and probably never even came here and if they did, they returned home with their tails between their legs and have been forever bitter about the country. That or they're bitter they could never scrape up the airfare to come in the first place.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

This is not the USA and you need to get out a bit more.

In the last few weeks we have used up our 10 nights under the We Travel Together Scheme. Couple of days in Chantaburi, flew down to Krabi for 4 nights in Ao Nang and drove up for 4 nights in Khao Kho.

Having been in a crowded airport/aircraft, breakfast with tour buses, various packed markets and other venues don't you think I would have seen some sign of covid if it was as rife as you try and make out.

Reality is that mass testing is a waste of resources if it is not necessary. Mass testing in other countries has done little to stop the infection increasing. Thailand has done an excellent job of keeping the virus under control allowing people to travel throughout the country without restriction and we can only hope it remains that way.

You keep insisting Covid can be seen.  It can not, so time to think outside of the box.  I have been in traveling mode for the past several months.  Just spent more time in Phuket, Hua Hin, and been out on the town enjoying the nightlife at the 5 star restaurants here in Bangkok, and spending some of my money as well.  Assisted in helping a friend set up an alternate business in Phuket to sell off items from their now closed gym and to start selling the flowers they have been growing around the gym so that thy could survive the economic shutdown for their industry.  Not saying Covid is rife, but it is that time of the year for hay fever, and other such virus's, that could occur, and some of it might be covid at a low level, but not everyone goes to a hospital or a clinic when they feel unwell.  You think that mass testing would not cure Covid, and I agree, but it would give you a better picture of the asymptomatic cases that walk amongst us.  But you can have your own views, and it does not matter because I look outside of the box and think outside of the box, and have first hand views of what I see, and obviously you see it different.  To each his own, and I will agree to disagree.  enjoy your weekend.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You keep insisting Covid can be seen.  It can not, so time to think outside of the box.  I have been in traveling mode for the past several months.  Just spent more time in Phuket, Hua Hin, and been out on the town enjoying the nightlife at the 5 star restaurants here in Bangkok, and spending some of my money as well.  Assisted in helping a friend set up an alternate business in Phuket to sell off items from their now closed gym and to start selling the flowers they have been growing around the gym so that thy could survive the economic shutdown for their industry.  Not saying Covid is rife, but it is that time of the year for hay fever, and other such virus's, that could occur, and some of it might be covid at a low level, but not everyone goes to a hospital or a clinic when they feel unwell.  You think that mass testing would not cure Covid, and I agree, but it would give you a better picture of the asymptomatic cases that walk amongst us.  But you can have your own views, and it does not matter because I look outside of the box and think outside of the box, and have first hand views of what I see, and obviously you see it different.  To each his own, and I will agree to disagree.  enjoy your weekend.

I am not insisting on anything, if a virus is around it will spread, and it has been given more than ample opportunity to spread, but you are certainly free to see that differently.

I, being in a vulnerable category, feel a lot safer and freer from restriction here than I would do in many other countries but probably that may not mean much to you.

Have a good weekend, not so good here, incessant rain for the last 5 days.

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I am not insisting on anything, if a virus is around it will spread, and it has been given more than ample opportunity to spread, but you are certainly free to see that differently.

I, being in a vulnerable category, feel a lot safer and freer from restriction here than I would do in many other countries but probably that may not mean much to you.

Have a good weekend, not so good here, incessant rain for the last 5 days.

Thank you Sandy, enjoy your weekend as well.  Like you I do feel safer here as well instead of back in the states being in the same vulnerable category.  Yes 5 days of rain here in my part of Bangkok as well.  The rain at least has made it cool enough.  Cool enough to open up the penthouses sliders and let the breeze pass through.

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I think most such posters don't even live in Thailand and probably never even came here and if they did, they returned home with their tails between their legs and have been forever bitter about the country. That or they're bitter they could never scrape up the airfare to come in the first place.

Most of use are bitter at the idiotic Thai Government ,not the Thai people.In my case i lived full time in Thailand for 12 years and more years part time .Meanwhile the Thai monarch lives in Bavaria .I wonder if he reads TV ?

17 hours ago, Abmong said:

Bla bla... All fake numbers. All for the old pensioners to be respected. So they can further rape the people freely. Secondly they don't even test people. Thailand is heavily infected. Like the vote count all false. The protesters should step up and hopefully when the old army cabinet sneaks out the back door like cowards. With luck the boats sink.

Some countries in Europe test the sewer water in major towns to determine if covid 19 numbers are going up or down. 

Did Thailand do something similar to track covid 19, since it's an easy way to keep track of it without involving any citizens going through testing. 

• Like 1