Travellers from Thailand positive for Covid-19 in new saliva test at Japan airport.

Gjk7777

The saliva test produces far more false positives than the PCR test.

Saliva test positives should be retested using a different method but they're a good and very quick way of deciding who needs looking into a little more closely.

I read that they're between about 2 and 4 times more likely to produce a false positive

42 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Nowhere is covid free and the tests are quite unreliable. I doubt they were infectious, just 45x amplified genetic material of remnants of the virus.

Just gets me thinking there is a lot more Covid cases in Thailand than the official figures...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

Just gets me thinking there is a lot more Covid cases in Thailand than the official figures...

Maybe we have been infected, & there are more cases, as in other countries. However, the virus hasn't developed & people aren't getting sick. Also post #2.

As for the Saliva test, this is quite interesting:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2016359

And this:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2020.00465/full

"Conclusion

Saliva tests offer a promising alternative to NPS for COVID-19 diagnosis. However, further diagnostic accuracy studies are needed to improve their specificity and sensitivity."

5 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

The only cases that are in NZ at the moment are in quarantine having returned from overseas on repatriation flights. 

Interestingly one tested positive from Hong Kong yesterday and there have been some Thai that returned and tested positive. NZ has a huge Asian population and the majority of the people who come back on these flights and test positive are Asian and Indian. If you search You Tube for.... I NO LONGER FEAR COVID 19...

A documentary about Ivermectin and Remedisiver it will open all who watch its eyes. 

I think Thailand used this drug and it seems to be the best treatment ever used 

However it only costs 20 cents a dose and Remedisiver costs 3K and Fauci is linked... Watch the Doco

It has always been a mystery how a tropical country with 70 million people who is not renowned for it's cleanliness and hygiene or medically advanced manage to eliminate this dreaded pandemic so early and so efficiently...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

86% of those tested in the UK over the summer had no symptoms, which must make them immune or just had a very low viral load of the virus. That leaves 14% with symptoms and will be from mild to severe. There more that I have researched into the RT-PCR test and Ct value amplification, but I'll keep that to myself as people will ask me for links.

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

86% of those tested in the UK over the summer had no symptoms, which must make them immune or just had a very low viral load of the virus. That leaves 14% with symptoms and will be from mild to severe. There more that I have researched into the RT-PCR test and Ct value amplification, but I'll keep that to myself as people will ask me for links.

quote: There more that I have researched into the RT-PCR test and Ct value amplification,

Please elaborate. Are you a virologist or did you just simply google ?

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

quote: There more that I have researched into the RT-PCR test and Ct value amplification,

Please elaborate. Are you a virologist or did you just simply google ?

I went onto academic research papers and have listened to leading virologists talking about the Ct value used in the tests. You can do the same, RT-PCR Ct value and the amplication to find infectious genetic material. I'm not posting any links on here, but if you are interested I can send them to you via PM.

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Nowhere is covid free and the tests are quite unreliable...

Correct. "Covid free" is an imprecise and therefore meaningless term, both when applied to a single person and when applied to a geographical region.

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Correct. "Covid free" is an imprecise and therefore meaningless term, both when applied to a single person and when applied to a geographical region.

My opening post was a bit of a  "Tongue in Cheek" comment, I am fully aware, that unless you live at the North or South Poles, Covid is everywhere. I am the only one that laughs my jokes sometimes. Thanks to all who have replied to my topic... 

5 hours ago, sungod said:

Which country are you referring to?

Surely cant be Thailand which has a good health care system and whose people's personal hygiene is far higher than other countries. Just look how many times a day they shower. Couple that with the fact they are not particularly tactile, wear masks and generally have been doing what they are told with regards to Covid, I'd say they are doing pretty well.

Good health care for the wealthy. Personal Hygiene I couldn't agree more, it's the way they treat their environment with the excessive plastic use, and total disregard for disposing of waste. I agree they have been doing well, so would the UK with only 700,000 tests..