Cricket

Well the ceylonese chukka shows his ticker, unavailable to tour Oz shortly.

What a surprise. :o He is happy playing the cricketing light weights (Zimbabwe) but when it comes serious talent, what is he a man or a mouse? someone pass the cheese please. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Murali is a great bowler, let there be no doubt. But Warney said what I have been thinking all long. One guy plays the majority of matches on sub-continant pitches, tailor made(prepared for) spin bowling. The other has bowled most of his life on hard Australian wickets where pace bowlers thrive. Sydney after 3 days is an exception, I remember even Allan Border taking 10 wickets in a match against the windies at the SCG

Whether or not he chucks, it is obvious who is the better bowler :o

One other thing to consider along with the pitches is the standard of competition. I wonder how many of each of their wickets were taken against "emerging" test nations.... :o

Another thing as well, if we added Mr D.K. Lillee's Supertest wickets, (not counted by the ACB) how would that also balance the ledger?

It’s hard when South Asian bowler (Murali) and a Batsman (Sachin) is going to set all time records both in Test and one day cricket. :D

A record is a record. It does not matter whether you play in fast wickets or slow wickets. Anyway, who told Oz to prepare fast wickets? :D Is that how Oz is winning test matches? Wonder why no fast bowler was able to come up to this level ! :o

Murali has taken wickets everywhere in the world. He even has a record in English county cricket.

The simple reason is, non of your countries are giving countries like Sri Lanka a 5 match series. Even this time, Oz gave 2 match series and in that, one played in a football ground :D .

The best match I can ever remember is Sri Lanka (a small island with no facilities to play cricket) winning the world cup in 1994 hammering Oz in the final and the way entire ground was hooting when the Junkie got smashed for six s.. :D

Yes, agreed a record is a record , but open to investigation. Don't like to put a mark against Sir Don Bradman's name, but even his record is open to scrutinity .

No one will ever acheive a batting average like his but most of his runs were made against England. There was no West Indies speed train bowlers, or spin wizards from the sub-continant . I think i remember the man himself (god rest his soul) saying that if he played in modern times his average would be in the 60's . Just food for thought on how recors on paper are open to intrepretation

Yes, agreed a record is a record , but open to investigation. Don't like to put a mark against Sir Don Bradman's name, but even his record is open to scrutinity .

No one will ever acheive a batting average like his but most of his runs were made against England. There was no West Indies speed train bowlers, or spin wizards from the sub-continant . I think i remember the man himself (god rest his soul) saying that if he played in modern times his average would be in the 60's . Just food for thought on how records on paper are open to intrepretation

Yes, agreed a  record  is  a  record , but  open to investigation. Don't  like to put  a mark against  Sir Don Bradman's  name, but  even his  record  is  open to  scrutinity .

No one  will ever acheive a  batting  average  like  his but  most  of  his  runs  were  made  against England. There  was  no  West Indies speed  train bowlers, or spin  wizards  from the  sub-continant . I  think i remember the  man himself (god  rest  his  soul) saying that if  he  played  in  modern times  his  average would be in the  60's . Just food  for  thought on  how  records  on  paper  are  open to intrepretation

Sir Bradman was a great Batsman or you can even call him as the all time best Batsman. Even Sir Richard Hadley for that matter had his own style though they no longer hold any records.

I do not agree with analyzing records of individuals as all of them have played within the rules of the game and with the facilities and opportunities they had in different periods of time.

Since then, rules of the game have changed and if anyone compares, then and now, it won't be different to comparing apples with oranges.

Records are to break..

Who thought Murali a Sri Lankan with very limited opportunities to play in Test Crickets will be able to set a record? If one argues that he has taken many wickets in sub continent, then they should be also question themselves, why no other bowler in sub continent was able to even come closer to him. Still Pakistan’s Wasim Akram who is a fast bowler from south asia is heading the one day international bowling ranks. People who are jealous or can not accept the real facts will always try to make an argument. Murali has done wonders for the game so as Shane Warne. It’s too bad that both these bowlers fallen into the same period and had to compete with each other.

Whoever ends up with the record at the time they retire, in my books, I have no doubts that Marali and Warny will be two great spin bowlers whom will be remembered for years to come.

Sadly politicians getting into cricket and race discriminations are killing the game at this moment. :o

Just food for thought on how records on paper are open to intrepretation

Interpret and insult gives two different meanings though..

That's why Murali decided not to play in Oz. He know he is from a small country, Asian and we do not have any power in ICC. We do not have alliances. :D

So why he take his chances?

That match referee Chris Board was waiting until he come to Oz black list him. By appointing him as the match referee, ACB showed it's real intentions even before the game started.

If you were Murali, an Asian without no power but only the skills, then what would you do? Do you go and challenge the i****ts and get yourself banned or do you avoid and wait for the right moment and play the game?

Remember the problem is only with Oz and he has all other countries to play Test Cricket. Anyway I do not think such a bowler should bowl in football grounds. :o

I thought Sri Lanka were in a nice alliance with India , Pakistan and Bangladesh, not to mention many associate members. They always vote in a bloc at the ICC.

By the way the ICC appoints the match referee not the ACB (now called Cricket Australia), and most cricket grounds in Australia, including the Melbourne Cricket Ground are used for football in winter.

And he throws.

My childhood memories of Sir Richard Hadlee were pissed Aussies chanting "Hadleys a ###### ", sad really :o but he was a kiwi i guess

I don't think there is a great conspiracy againsy sub-continant cricket teams in Australia. If there was it would be directed at the English not in Asia:P

Can't wait for the next ashes to trounce the wannabes

I thought Sri Lanka were in a nice alliance with India , Pakistan and Bangladesh, not to mention many associate members. They always vote in a bloc at the ICC.

By the way the ICC appoints the match referee not the ACB (now called Cricket Australia), and most cricket grounds in Australia, including the Melbourne Cricket Ground are used for football in winter.

And he throws.

Yes, I understand..

Those bad dreams in the world cup semi must be still bothering you guys...

That's the way it is..

Sometimes it's too bitter to swollow..

And he is a drugee.. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why bring warnie into the argument all the time, he cheated and did his time.

murillie continues to cheat and gets away with it, yes and the small country of ceylon, as someone mentioned the asian countries vote in a block so get your facts right people. Remember the threats that india made if Australia refused to go to Zimbawe and look at the joke that turned out to be

• 2 weeks later...

chucka's arm has thrown a wobbly apparently, so where does he come for surgery?? the country he won't tour, because he gets rubbished.

Dont want him to do any thing other than follow the same rules as everyone.

Everytime one of the players from these countries get called or get a bad descision they all band together making threats and screaming discrimination.

The other thing anybody who calls the chucka will not umpire in ceylon again, mark my words.

Having bowled a lot of off-spin over the years, there is no way, with the action that he has (hand coming from behind his own head/left shoulder blade, positioned chest-on), that he can generate any speed through the air, let alone release the ball without chucking it.

As for the "other one", bowled with an off-spinners action, I defy anyone to bowl it with his action (or probably anyone else's) without chucking it at least occasionally.

Shane Warne is by far the better bowler and the cricketing world will have to put up with a guy who has a javelin throwers action as the "greatest" bowler of all time.

Interesting to see the cricketing world with England at number 2, how on earth does this happen!!!!!!!!!

I once played cricket in an Aussie capital and one bowler in our team was a little bespectacled guy I should not name.......but he had the sam eaction as Murali.........all over the shop really, like a retard. Gees it was funny to watch him bowl.........and sometimes he seriously would hit his own toe with the ball...!! Bloody hilarious. But when he managed to get the ball up he did get quite a few wickets. The other funny thingabout him was that his wife was a huge battlaxe bushpig and she used to wait up for him at night if he went out for a few ales with the boys........next day ...often a cricket day.......he would show up with a black eye !! We used to give him heaps poor bugger ! :o

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting to see the cricketing world with England at number 2, how on earth does this happen!!!!!!!!!

Be No.1 next year..... when they beat the Ozzies! :o

We all have our dreams, reality bites, so not in this dimension are the soapies gonna beat us at cricket. :D

England beat Aussies for the Ashes, hmmm sounds like the twilightzone to me .Because they win a few series against a team of rookies and old hacks on the way out in the form of the Windies they think they can take on the Aussie juggernaunt.

My suggestion, play and lose a few times to real teams like India and South Africa .... come back in a few years and u might have a chance :o

chucka's arm has thrown a wobbly apparently, so where does he come for surgery?? the country he won't tour, because he gets rubbished.

Dont want him to do any thing other than follow the same rules as everyone.

Everytime one of the players from these countries get called or get a bad descision they all band together making threats and screaming discrimination.

The other thing anybody who calls the chucka will not umpire in ceylon again, mark my words.

It's hard, I know? The fact is, we have beat Oz in this game and once won the world cup. Also today we are having the world record for best Test Bowler. Also he was named as the best bowler Cricket has ever produced in this century by Wisdon. So it's time for you to put your tail back in your A** and start hoping around like a Kangaroo..