Just bought a pick up

Brunolem

The thing to watch is what you see in the showroom  & what you have ordered may be two different things.

When I purchesed my Honda I made the sales lady's day by going through the 24 list of options that the 

demo had,. She was delighted to be able to say "included" to all of them.

I changed wheel rims to nicer ones but no extra cost

Not much discount for cash as they make a "kickback" on credit sales

Safe, happy driving

How much is the roller lid on the back, been thinking of getting one for my Mazda? I originally bought a half electric pop up lid which was a terrible choice last time I asked at the same place for a roller lid he quoted B50,000. Wouldn't go back anyway as they did not do a good job the first time.

My mate bought the Nissan 2WD Sports ute a few years back and that drives well and has a nice interior. Found the diesel engine noise inside the cabin was more than the Mazda, and his servicing in Surin has been quite expensive in comparison. However your new Nissans does look nice, I checked it out last time I took his car the garage. My only issue is the resale value of my Mazda won't be good but I don't intend to sell for a while. Maybe Mazda joining Isuzu might switch a few of the hardened Thai country folk over?

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wouldn't be buying any Ford vehicles in Thailand; in my opinion, they'll be exiting the Thai market in the near future (like GM). My FB feed is filled with ads for the "last" few Rangers available in Thailand. Renault/Nissan has serious manufacturing QC and service issues in many markets...I hope for you it's not so in Thailand. I generally stick to Hondas and Toyos. 

Spoiler alert. The all-new... and we mean ALL new 2021 Ford Ranger should be hitting the local dealerships in 2022 so it's a T6 bargain bin right now.

But carry on bashing away at the +10 year-old, reliable and dependable PX, PX2 and PX3 while you still can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

February this year I had a new 4 door manual 6 speed Wildtrak delivered direct from the factory to CM. Only thing changed was to 20" rims and added roller lid to the back (but went to the supplier myself for 10,000 baht less). Lovely fun truck and wouldn't trade it for the world. Got the lowest price as well because the sales gal is a really good friend of my daughter and took very little commission. Ford, Nissan, Rocco, or what ever, it is the person who buys who needs to be happy with it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Second hand?

It just hit the market!

The buyer just kept it a few weeks...at most...

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wouldn't be buying any Ford vehicles in Thailand; in my opinion, they'll be exiting the Thai market in the near future (like GM). My FB feed is filled with ads for the "last" few Rangers available in Thailand. Renault/Nissan has serious manufacturing QC and service issues in many markets...I hope for you it's not so in Thailand. I generally stick to Hondas and Toyos. 

do you have any links to this idea Ford is leaving. i just read they are the best selling pick up in Thailand.

and they had a huge display at the Bangkok auto show with the unveiling of the Raptor. 

also all auto sales across the board are down in Thailand except pickups. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wouldn't be buying any Ford vehicles in Thailand; in my opinion, they'll be exiting the Thai market in the near future (like GM). My FB feed is filled with ads for the "last" few Rangers available in Thailand.

Could that be because there will be a new ranger model in 2021?

Edited by Susco

On 10/12/2020 at 3:46 AM, Brunolem said:

Will do...the car is still with the dealer...I have asked for some extra stickers, UV film over the window screens, and a roll lid in the back...should be ready by the end of the week...

Nice looking truck, better than wildtrak. 

Nissan pickup? 

Over the years I changed 3 of them and all 3 had big air-con problems.

Bought Dodge 1500 and 15 years later runs like new. Waiting for economy to crash to buy another one at half price.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

do you have any links to this idea Ford is leaving. i just read they are the best selling pick up in Thailand.

and they had a huge display at the Bangkok auto show with the unveiling of the Raptor. 

also all auto sales across the board are down in Thailand except pickups. 

As I said, it's an opinion and it's based on 3 things: (1) Seeing their line-up shrink from a half-dozen car and truck models a decade ago to two currently (and yes I'm aware Ford has announced they are now moving to eliminate most of their car models and focusing on trucks and SUVs...but Fords abandoning cars in Thailand has been happening for years and way before this new policy was announced), (2)  Somewhat related...I don't think an automaker can be competitive in any market selling only two models, and (3) like GM, Ford's market share position in Thailand (and Oz/SE Asia from exports) and the sales/profit it generates isn't worth the management time and investment expense of a shrinking automaker like Ford. My data shows Toyo sells 200k commercial vehicles (includes pick-ups and SUVs) a year to Ford's 50k. Of course Toyo also sells vans and some other commercial vehicles so maybe Ford outsells them in pick-ups but I doubt it. And even if true, having one good selling model isn't enough reason to stay in the Thai market.

FYI...I think the Ranger and Everest are great vehicles and top of their class in Thailand. However, I don't think Ford sells enough of them to justify their continuing presence in Thailand. I'd be happen to be proven wrong.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

As I said, it's an opinion and it's based on 3 things: (1) Seeing their line-up shrink from a half-dozen car and truck models a decade ago to two currently (and yes I'm aware Ford has announced they are now moving to eliminate most of their car models and focusing on trucks and SUVs...but Fords abandoning cars in Thailand has been happening for years and way before this new policy was announced), (2)  Somewhat related...I don't think an automaker can be competitive in any market selling only two models, and (3) like GM, Ford's market share position in Thailand (and Oz/SE Asia from exports) and the sales/profit it generates isn't worth the management time and investment expense of a shrinking automaker like Ford. My data shows Toyo sells 200k commercial vehicles (includes pick-ups and SUVs) a year to Ford's 50k. Of course Toyo also sells vans and some other commercial vehicles so maybe Ford outsells them in pick-ups but I doubt it. And even if true, having one good selling model isn't enough reason to stay in the Thai market.

FYI...I think the Ranger and Everest are great vehicles and top of their class in Thailand. However, I don't think Ford sells enough of them to justify their continuing presence in Thailand. I'd be happen to be proven wrong.

I hope you are wrong too.  Ford have never been a big local brand and does not outsell Toyota pickups in Thailand.  However, 50 or 60k Rangers per year is comparable volume to Nissan, Mazda and Mitsubishi and the Ranger does well in some other markets. 

Export production from AAT, the Ford - Mazda JV plant in Rayong is probably more important for their future in this region.  I wonder what models will be produced at AAT to take the place of the Fiesta, Focus, EcoSport and the Ranger based BT-50? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jitar said:

Export production from AAT, the Ford - Mazda JV plant in Rayong is probably more important for their future in this region.  I wonder what models will be produced at AAT to take the place of the Fiesta, Focus, EcoSport and the Ranger based BT-50? 

While Ford has been shrinking their footprint in Thailand, Mazda has been expanding their model line-up. I assume the slack has been taken up by Mazda. In fact, I thought I read somewhere that the joint venture plant had been taken either taken over by Mazda or they pulled out and opened their own plant somewhere...basically that the joint venture was over. But I could be wrong in this.

11 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

While Ford has been shrinking their footprint in Thailand, Mazda has been expanding their model line-up. I assume the slack has been taken up by Mazda. In fact, I thought I read somewhere that the joint venture plant had been taken either taken over by Mazda or they pulled out and opened their own plant somewhere...basically that the joint venture was over. But I could be wrong in this.

AAT public information still shows as a Ford Mazda JV producing Ford Ranger, Mazda BT 50, Ford Everest, Mazda 3, Mazda 2 and Mazda CX-3.  

This will have changed as Mazda have announced the new BT-50 is produced by Isuzu, based on the D-max. 

I did see an article last year talking about Mazda investing to retool AAT.  Maybe CX-30, CX-5 or CX-8?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Ford builds in two facilities, Auto Alliance Thailand (AAT) and Ford Thailand Manufacturing (FTM).

I read somewhere Ford Thailand will be taking over the BT-50 line when Mazda moves it to Izuzu, Mazda will continue with the sedans (Maz 2 & 3) but the CX3 has been moved to Japan.

in 2018 Mazda opening a powertrain facility in Chonburi.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

I read somewhere Ford Thailand will be taking over the BT-50 line when Mazda moves it to Izuzu, Mazda will continue with the sedans (Maz 2 & 3) but the CX3 has been moved to Japan.

We must have read the same article but you remembered it better than me.

Thais pronounce it "Izuzu" but it's spelled Isuzu ????

17 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

We must have read the same article but you remembered it better than me.

Thais pronounce it "Izuzu" but it's spelled Isuzu ????

In (my bit of) Isaan, it's pronounced Iss-zoozoo.

In other news, Ford aint leaving Thailand.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In (my bit of) Isaan, it's pronounced Iss-zoozoo.

In other news, Ford aint leaving Thailand.

Ford is retrenching worldwide ????...only really strong in North America. There is no reason for them to remain the Thai/SE Asia market...but time will tell.

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Ford is retrenching worldwide ????...only really strong in North America. There is no reason for them to remain the Thai/SE Asia market...but time will tell.

Many car makers are retrenching staff.  Ford is no exception.

I don't see any reason Ford would want to leave while the Ranger is selling well. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They must be bad at forecasting the future then as they are currently moving towards tooling up for the next generation Everest and Ranger due 2021 and 2022....Large chunk of coin to spend for a company that might be pulling out.

If they did pull out of SEA would they stop selling RHD Everest And Rangers and would they move production to the USA ?

Edited by Techno Viking